ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Baseball

And we still can't hit. Sully is great with recruiting pitchers and developing a pitching staff, etc. but he hasn't figured out how to improve the team when it comes to hitting the ball.

we shut them out with 4 freshmen... we have held them scoreless for 31 innings and now the last 6 games combined against Miami and FSU they have scored just.... 2 runs

Sully pulls Brown after 64 pitches at the beginning of the 6th inning. Not sure I agree. he was pitching well.

Sully does that a lot. I will say this, he does save his pitcher's arms, which is good in the long run

It's always good to see that you have yet another baseball relative comment to make, dunny-goater. :confused: And that you always address what the other posters are talking about... :rolleyes:

And yet you have to respond to me and continue my diabolical scheme.

Pretty exciting game if you like good pitching. Both teams looked anemic at the plate. Nice win for the good guys, though.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Got our butts kicked last night @ Auburn. Faedo was off, gave up six runs. Our pen was not much better, gave up 8 runs. Our bats continue to be anemic.

This might not be one of Sully's better teams.

Got our butts kicked last night @ Auburn. Faedo was off, gave up six runs. Our pen was not much better, gave up 8 runs. Our bats continue to be anemic.

This might not be one of Sully's better teams.
I just started a post for which I'll probably get pounded by some, but I think this year's team is in serious trouble. Hard to figure the exact cause, as we lost Buddy Reed and Pete Alonso in the batting order but replaced them with some highly touted players. But the returning veterans are struggling mightily at the plate and the team batting average is down to .243. That's horrible. We lost Logan Shore, AJ Puk, Dane Dunning, Kirby Smart and Shaun Anderson from the pitching staff, but still have a lot of solid arms. There's just something missing from this year's team.

I just started a post for which I'll probably get pounded by some, but I think this year's team is in serious trouble. Hard to figure the exact cause, as we lost Buddy Reed and Pete Alonso in the batting order but replaced them with some highly touted players. But the returning veterans are struggling mightily at the plate and the team batting average is down to .243. That's horrible. We lost Logan Shore, AJ Puk, Dane Dunning, Kirby Smart and Shaun Anderson from the pitching staff, but still have a lot of solid arms. There's just something missing from this year's team.

Alonso and the pitching are monster losses. Shore Anderson and Dunning were pretty close to bullet proof. Plenty of talent to replace them, but maybe we're still figuring out how to pitch a little bit. We need Schwarz to carry this lineup like Alonso did last year. Not happening so far.

By the way, after #1 FSU lost to the Gators last week, they also lost to Florida Gulf Coast. Perhaps FGCU is the top baseball dog in the state this year!

How bad is Gator batting? Florida had bases loaded @ Auburn and no one out. Could not push a run through. Now losing 0-2

Based loaded again with 1 out. And Liput hits into a double play, one run scored.

So, twice we have the bases loaded. Once with one out and once with no outs. We have scored a total of 1 runs. Both times Liput was the last at bat.

I love baseball.

College (unless I'm at a ballpark) bores me for some reason.

I think it's the bats

Auburn's two starting pitchers had ERA's of 0.64 and 0.40 coming into the series. Today's starting pitcher is already getting buzz as a potential first round pick in next year's draft

I love baseball.

College (unless I'm at a ballpark) bores me for some reason.

I think it's the bats

I can't watch college baseball and take it seriously because the umpires are flat out embarrassingly awful, we played like 14 innings against Seton Hall last weekend because EVERYTHING was a strike and there was no way either team could score, and with how bad our offense already is it was no way we were gonna score on pitches 3 feet outside being called strikes...

The baseball team finally got routed from their pathetic offense last night by Auburn...Then lost again today i see from their pathetic offense and only scored one run against a team that has nothing special pitching...

They just aren't any good this year and won't even waste our time getting peoples and fans hopes up to blow it in Omaha this time around...

The guy who pitched for Auburn today has given up 1 earned run all year in 29 innings pitched.

Well anyone could shut down Florida's lineup, they are awful no matter who it is out there...

Well, Auburn just swept our mighty Gators 6-5 to send us to 13-8 overall and 0-3 in the SEC. Our shortstop misplayed a popup early in the game with 2 outs, bases loaded, allowing 3 unearned runs to score. Then in the bottom of the 9th, our senior closer Rubio gave up a single, a bunt single and then took a sac bunt attempt and threw it away trying to force the runner at 3rd. This does not look like Gators teams of the past 6-7 years. Maybe we'll turn it around, but when your bats are as anemic as ours and the bullpen is this shaky, lots of things need to turn around in a hurry or the season could get away from us very quickly.

If I remember correctly the winning run on Saturday scored on a balk. The winning run today scored on an error. Pretty brutal ways to lose

As I've been saying since early last season, O'Sul needs to get a batting coach that's as good as the pitching coach. They are a bunch of limp-sticks so far this season. Maybe the softball team's batting coach could give them some tips, (getting desperate). o_O

The giant class of freshmen that were brought in to replace the many that departed after last season, including a half dozen pitchers to MLB, will need some time to come up to speed.

Watching these first few innings against lsu I think this may be the worst Gator hitting team ive ever seen. Sully needs to shake things up

of course they are getting shut down by a guy with only 52 pitches in the fifth right now, that was just the first hit iv'e even seen...

Load the bases with no outs and 2 guys strike out chasing bad pitches and Guthrie swings at ball 3 that was a foot off the plate. Not sure what approach these guys were taking at the plate

I saw the bases loaded and no one out and called it to my friend immediately that we wouldn't score a single run, they are so easily predictably bad that you can call something like that with confidence... They are the worst with the bases loaded every season just like the Red Sox with station to station baseball...

LSU hadn't been held to under 3 runs all year. Gators shut them out 1-0 tonight. Tyler Dyson now appears to be the closer.

and we keep beating the highly ranked teams after losing to the trash ones... The usual

Gator bats Sunday had the best contact of any game this year. Liput is starting to make solid contact and Rivera had his best game of the year. If Guthrie's shoulder or whatever his injury is keeping him from throwing from short, how can he swing a bat? He looked terrible at the plate both games against LSU. Would be really nice to get the sweep against LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT