ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN is killing sadgator's November weekends...

I cannot remember the last time we had back to back noon kick-offs. The FAU game could also be one.

sadgator is like only dude on the planet without a DVR. He needs to get that. But even if he had it, he might not use it. sadgator has this obsessive compulsive need to be aware of the game status in real time. sadgator would rather listen on the radio than to actually watch in tape delay if necessary.

Reactions: CompuGator
"You need an excuse to NOT take her shopping? Turn in your man card."

LMAO! Yes I'm whipped. smh:(

whipme2.gif

Reactions: Blue/Orange
This brings back hazy memories of my time at UF during the Zook years: Go out drinking Friday Night, pull into Grandies around 5am to "sober up" with a grease/carb bomb known as their breakfast buffet, get home to shower/change, then start tailgating around 7 or 8am... repeated for our NUMEROUS noon kick-offs during those 3 years.

I think Zook's ineptitude caused me to cut 5-10 years off my life expectancy :p

Im kind of glad we finally play early, that way we can win and get it out of the way and not stress about it while watching all of the other games at an enjoyable level... instead of waiting all day antzy for our game to begin.. At least that's the way I used to feel about early games growing up

Im kind of glad we finally play early, that way we can win and get it out of the way and not stress about it while watching all of the other games at an enjoyable level... instead of waiting all day antzy for our game to begin.. At least that's the way I used to feel about early games growing up
Ditto

I hate night games to be honest

I like the noon games. I get to watch UF play early while all the shitty Big 10 noon kickoffs are on then I can watch the CBS game at 3:30, the 7:00 and 8:00 games, and then the 10:30 Pac 12 game. I get to watch MORE football when we kickoff early, which is fine by me. If UF is in one of those other time slots I don't get to watch the other games because I don't change the channel, even on commercials. It's a real thing.

I absolutely hate noon games, and I get the feeling the players do too.
The only thing that sucks is having to be game ready at about 10 AM or sooner getting taped up and mentally prepping. The problem is, you never practice that early other than early morning workouts but those are at 5 and 6 AM for most teams. There's hardly a time where you are practicing and putting on the pads that time of day to play football. It's just a weird feeling but I mean when you are a gamer it really doesn't matter. If 80 thousand plus people doesn't wake you up and get you juiced then you are in the wrong business.

Agreed, as long as you are watching it from home. Then the game is over by three thirty or so. Get to watch the other games, stress free
This is one of the football Saturday's my wife hates. Three fun games to watch back-to-back-to-back. UF/Vandy, Clemson/fsu, and LSU/Bama. First time this year fsu made my "fun to watch" list.

Agreed, as long as you are watching it from home. Then the game is over by three thirty or so. Get to watch the other games, stress free

At home.

My days of going to games are pretty much over. I had season tixs from 2001-2012 & logged a bunch of miles from Orlando to Tally & back.

I'm 34 now & acting like an old fart. I would much rather stay home, grill, drink, a/c & use my own restroom.

I wish our game was at noon today. I'm staring at the clock like an 8th grader on the last day of school.

This is one of the football Saturday's my wife hates. Three fun games to watch back-to-back-to-back. UF/Vandy, Clemson/fsu, and LSU/Bama. First time this year fsu made my "fun to watch" list.

Miami didn't make your fun watch list?

One of us has to lose.

Yea this morning only reinforces why I like noon games. I got up, went and had a big breakfast downtown. Went to the park and ran for a little bit. Now I'm hope with a fresh Wings N' Things from Zaxby's only minutes away from football. And because it's early I'll get to watch football the rest of the day too. Can't ask for anything better.

Yea this morning only reinforces why I like noon games. I got up, went and had a big breakfast downtown. Went to the park and ran for a little bit. Now I'm [¿]hope[?] with a fresh Wings N' Things from Zaxby's only minutes away from football. And because it's early I'll get to watch football the rest of the day too. Can't ask for anything better.
This is a counterëxample to why watching a G'ville-noon game from the Left Coast has at least 1 important disadvantage: It's waaay too early for any fried-chicken vendors to have their fryers fired up and producing fresh & crisply breaded chicken that's ready for take-out before kick-off. So a fan out there has to do the best he|she can with chicken bought the night before, but likely soggy by kick-off.

And out in that notorious coastal region, there's no Popeye's, no Publix deli, and no more KFC Spicy Extra-Crispy (discontinued decades ago, it might've never been more widely available than as a regional specialty targeted at a, um, burrito-&-taco-intensive minority, but not a national offering).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT