ADVERTISEMENT

UF @ Mizzou

Heartbreaking! 4th & 17 and just stand there and let a wide open receiver catch one 20 yards down the field. The kids played their hearts out and should have won this game. Too bad.

I still dont understand when we were inside the Mizzou 25 yard line with under 2 minutes we ran the ball 3 times in the row. If anything he should have let Max use his legs to try to get to the end zone or at least throw it so Mizzou would need a TD to win. This loss is solely on Billy and the defensive play. 3 weeks in a row we score 30 plus points and lose.

I still dont understand when we were inside the Mizzou 25 yard line with under 2 minutes we ran the ball 3 times in the row. If anything he should have let Max use his legs to try to get to the end zone or at least throw it and eat up clock. This loss is solely on Billy and the defensive play. 3 weeks in a row we score 30 plus points and lose.
It's a good strategy if you make them burn their timeouts and get the easy field goal. He called a play wide that went out of bounds on 3rd down. Without that extra time out, things change big time, that takes away the middle of the field unless the throws are big chunks at a time, and makes coverage easier.

I still dont understand when we were inside the Mizzou 25 yard line with under 2 minutes we ran the ball 3 times in the row. If anything he should have let Max use his legs to try to get to the end zone or at least throw it and eat up clock. This loss is solely on Billy and the defensive play. 3 weeks in a row we score 30 plus points and lose.
I knew it once our blockhead coach went God damn conservative and didn’t try to score 6 it would all fall apart. HELLO BILLY YOU DUMB BASTARD THEY HAVE A KICKER THAT HAS A 61 YARDER YOU TARD!!!!! GO GOR THE TOUCHDOWN!!!!! Dumb as a box of rocks!!!!

I still dont understand when we were inside the Mizzou 25 yard line with under 2 minutes we ran the ball 3 times in the row. If anything he should have let Max use his legs to try to get to the end zone or at least throw it so Mizzou would need a TD to win. This loss is solely on Billy and the defensive play. 3 weeks in a row we score 30 plus points and lose.

Yep didn't figure a 4th down like that but when you go conservative and leave that much time a late FG beats you many times.

Reactions: emekz1
He lets Max marching them down the field then goes scared money mode
Max is a gamer. Not sure how good a passer he is, too soon to know. With his leg threat it's going to open up things a lot for the rest of the running game. His ability to run read/option was faking their safeties out of their shoes when they cheated up and handed it off instead. It is a shame that a handful of players are causing the ones playing their guts out heartache instead.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Max is a gamer. Not sure how good a passer he is, too soon to know. With his leg threat it's going to open up things a lot for the rest of the running game. His ability to run read/option was faking their safeties out of their shoes when they cheated up and handed it off instead. It is a shame that a handful of players are causing the ones playing their guts out heartache instead.
His arm seemed to be just fine with some of those passes he zipped in there. Billy should have at least gave him 2 shots towards the end zone or get closer and eat up more clock. Throw it to Pearsall or Wilson

I'm hoping any recruit that plays D watched that game and said that offense just needs some help and and I'm better than them boys.
If my granny was still with us, she would have said that about their tackling ability. She would put a switch on their ass in a heartbeat. 😂 Did they get some of those DBs from the campus flag football rosters?😂

Like other games, this was a very winnable game. The worst part is that such losses like these can impact the morale of the team when heading into the next week and effect the performance, even when the coaching is fine.

I know some people will say "they are on scholarship and should be doing their job 100% effectually all the time"

To that I would say....you're delusional. Reality isn't that convenient.

The worst result is when a team, college or pro, will give up on the season and/or the coach.

Last edited:
Kinda went as expected for me. I knew UF would play tough.

Feel for Mertz. He's been pretty good all year.

I've only watched a few gator games but I have no idea what the defense is even trying to accomplish half the time. 4th and 17 and you leave the middle of the field wide ass open. Holy shit.

Midwest Janikowski is damn near automatic and UF for sure should have tried for a TD.

Like other games, this was a very winnable game. The worst part is that such losses like these can impact the morale of the team when heading into the next week and effect the performance, even when the coaching is fine.

I know some people will say "they are on scholarship and should be doing their job 100% effectually all the time"

To that I would say....you're delusional. Reality isn't that convenient.

The worst result is when a team, college or pro, will give up on the season and/or the coach.

I think we will get high effort early in the game but if things go south quickly I could see them folding. Luckily this is a home game which should help.

Reactions: RHT 3
I think we will get high effort early in the game but if things go south quickly I could see them folding. Luckily this is a home game which should help.
UF always plays FSU tough in Gainesville.

The gators will give the FSU defense fits because our LB's are simply atrocious outside of number 4. And our secondary isn't much better at tackling than yours lol.

With Travis out it's gonna be a lot closer game. I didn't see Brown throw a lot last night so I have no idea how good he is. But he is mobile and FSU always has trouble with mobile QB's.

The backup QB at FSU has a nice arm but has a tendency to meander back there when he should be throwing or running out of trouble faster. That won't work this week.

FSU always seems to start slow, why I have no idea. And we refuse to just throw quick passes to our skill guys and let them work. Its been frustrating.

I think it could be a lot like the Mezzo game- back and forth and a few plays decide it.

UF always plays FSU tough in Gainesville.

The gators will give the FSU defense fits because our LB's are simply atrocious outside of number 4. And our secondary isn't much better at tackling than yours lol.

With Travis out it's gonna be a lot closer game. I didn't see Brown throw a lot last night so I have no idea how good he is. But he is mobile and FSU always has trouble with mobile QB's.

The backup QB at FSU has a nice arm but has a tendency to meander back there when he should be throwing or running out of trouble faster. That won't work this week.

FSU always seems to start slow, why I have no idea. And we refuse to just throw quick passes to our skill guys and let them work. Its been frustrating.

I think it could be a lot like the Mezzo game- back and forth and a few plays decide it.

Do running QBs give FSU much trouble? I only remember Daniels having that one big run in the LSU game. I know the FSU D line is pretty good.

Do running QBs give FSU much trouble? I only remember Daniels having that one big run in the LSU game. I know the FSU D line is pretty good.
Oh god yes. And our D line only decides to play hard half a game. Like against Miami. 1st half atrocious, 2nd half hard nosed. It's maddening honestly.

UF runs a lot of misdirection type plays on offense and that always causes us problems. Mainly because our LB's are atrocious and can't pick the right hole to defend. I've given up expecting them to be actually decent. Just wait and see.

We have the talent advantage at the skill spots but our OL has been hurt and our center got dinged up yesterday. Even when healthy they have been middle of the road. Benson the RB plays hard half the time and tap dances half the time.

This will all be dependent on which backup QB doesn't melt down.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Oh god yes. And our D line only decides to play hard half a game. Like against Miami. 1st half atrocious, 2nd half hard nosed. It's maddening honestly.

UF runs a lot of misdirection type plays on offense and that always causes us problems. Mainly because our LB's are atrocious and can't pick the right hole to defend. I've given up expecting them to be actually decent. Just wait and see.

We have the talent advantage at the skill spots but our OL has been hurt and our center got dinged up yesterday. Even when healthy they have been middle of the road. Benson the RB plays hard half the time and tap dances half the time.

This will all be dependent on which backup QB doesn't melt down.

You are giving me some hope for this game.

You are giving me some hope for this game.
Playing at UF is huge . If this game is in Tally I have no worries honestly. Your new QB would get rattled.

But at UF, fighting for a bowl, last home game, UF will play hard, always do. Maybe if FSU goes up big before half UF quits but I don't think it happens.

This FSU team has zero killer instinct man. Zero. All damn year. Our OL is hurt and even when 100% they are not as good as last year at all. We have great skill guys but our scheme does not capitalize. We get stuffed on runs 2/3 time, then Benson breaks one for 75. We never throw over the middle with Travis. Never.

The only thing I'd be worried about too much as a Gator fan is that this QB does throw the ball good. I'm hoping it alters the gameplan to a more aggressive passing attack because UF is weak against the pass it seems.

Travis was an ok thrower. Our backup QB has been on the team 3 years so if he ain't ready by now....well...

If the UF QB gets overwhelmed by the game then UF is in trouble obviously. But FSU rarely if ever starts fast so there will be time to ease him into it.

I'm already eye balling the liquor thinking about our LB's.........😝

Kinda went as expected for me. I knew UF would play tough.

Feel for Mertz. He's been pretty good all year.

I've only watched a few gator games but I have no idea what the defense is even trying to accomplish half the time. 4th and 17 and you leave the middle of the field wide ass open. Holy shit.

Midwest Janikowski is damn near automatic and UF for sure should have tried for a TD.
Bwaaaaaahahaha “Midwest Janikowski” and that’s exactly what I thought when that stumpy ass kicker was mocking us with the Gator chomp after his winning field goal. Janikowski did the exact same thing. Torture loves the Gators!

That 4th and 17 play was just weird. Guy made no move whatsoever, just kinda jogged 20 yards downfield and turned around, wide open, and caught the pass for the first down.

Ques: Who's fault was the fumbled hand-off on, when Max Brown came in to play QB?
Was it Brown's or Johnson's fault?

Ans: It was on neither of them, because It was undoubtedly Napier's fault.
That's because he's neglected preparing and using Brown for 2 seasons.

Who's fault was the sack on Brown, was it the OL?
No imo, it was on the wiff / no-block on RB ET.
ET's very good at running the ball, but his attempts at being a blocker are dismal imo.

Now, considering that prolonged neglect, Max certainly played well enough to bring the team back for the 31 - 30 win with his 2 consecutive scoring drives. The loss goes elsewhere, looking for a cause.

The Gator's final drive for a FG instead of a TD is also directly on CBN's lame play calling.
Had they scored a TD instead of a FG, then Mizzou's FG would NOT have been enough to win the game....

JMOHO's as always, but either Billy, or whomever behind him that's making the decisions, is looking more incompetent by the week.... Player development has been left wanting it seems to me.

Oh BTW, K.Jackson should have been getting a little playing time since his arrival too.
======

Thoughts for everyone's considerations:
Where would we/they be now,,, IF.....

IF Napier had not brought in Miller the first year, but had instead coached up and used QB-dt Brown as QB-dt AR-15's backup?

IF he had played Max some here and there during that first year, and then given him the OreSt bowl game when AR bolted to the NFL?

And then IF Billy hadn't brought in Mertz in his 2nd season, and had instead concentrated on coaching up and playing QB-dt Max instead????

There would have then been the smooth progression of the offense from QB-dt AR-15, to QB-dt Brown, to QB-dt Lagway..... Instead we have had this 2 years worth of a losing Wack-A-Mole 'cluster'......

McLame did the same failed thing with all of his failed xfer-in QB's instead of coaching and playing Trask.
"Those who ignore the past,,, are doomed to repeat it."
And then we the fans and alumni, are left to suffer their failed results.

None of this falls on Miller or Mertz, as people or as student-athletes!

This falls squarely on Head Coach Napier, and/or on the one's that are directing him....
I have no trouble respecting Miller or Mertz. This is on the decision makers behind them.

I'm a bit disgusted that Billy would attempt to use 'respect for Miller/Mertz' as some kind of a shield for his own player development incompetence, or for his on the field failures... 🙄

The QB has zero reason to stick the ball out. A hand fake works. A linebacker through all of that mess can’t see perfectly what the fake is.

Reactions: gatordad3
Ques: Who's fault was the fumbled hand-off on, when Max Brown came in to play QB?
Was it Brown's or Johnson's fault?

Ans: It was on neither of them, because It was undoubtedly Napier's fault.
That's because he's neglected preparing and using Brown for 2 seasons.

Who's fault was the sack on Brown, was it the OL?
No imo, it was on the wiff / no-block on RB ET.
ET's very good at running the ball, but his attempts at being a blocker are dismal imo.

Now, considering that prolonged neglect, Max certainly played well enough to bring the team back for the 31 - 30 win with his 2 consecutive scoring drives. The loss goes elsewhere, looking for a cause.

The Gator's final drive for a FG instead of a TD is also directly on CBN's lame play calling.
Had they scored a TD instead of a FG, then Mizzou's FG would NOT have been enough to win the game....

JMOHO's as always, but either Billy, or whomever behind him that's making the decisions, is looking more incompetent by the week.... Player development has been left wanting it seems to me.

Oh BTW, K.Jackson should have been getting a little playing time since his arrival too.
======

Thoughts for everyone's considerations:
Where would we/they be now,,, IF.....

IF Napier had not brought in Miller the first year, but had instead coached up and used QB-dt Brown as QB-dt AR-15's backup?

IF he had played Max some here and there during that first year, and then given him the OreSt bowl game when AR bolted to the NFL?

And then IF Billy hadn't brought in Mertz in his 2nd season, and had instead concentrated on coaching up and playing QB-dt Max instead????

There would have then been the smooth progression of the offense from QB-dt AR-15, to QB-dt Brown, to QB-dt Lagway..... Instead we have had this 2 years worth of a losing Wack-A-Mole 'cluster'......

McLame did the same failed thing with all of his failed xfer-in QB's instead of coaching and playing Trask.
"Those who ignore the past,,, are doomed to repeat it."
And then we the fans and alumni, are left to suffer their failed results.

None of this falls on Miller or Mertz, as people or as student-athletes!
This falls squarely on Head Coach Napier, and/or on the one's that are directing him....
I have no trouble respecting Miller or Mertz. This is on the decision makers behind them.

I'm a bit disgusted that Billy would attempt to use 'respect for Miller/Mertz' as some kind of a shield for his own player development incompetence, or for his on the field failures... 🙄
Fumble was Browns fault and the sack was not. Brown playing or not playing has zero to do with the fact our defense can't stop anyone. Mertz has been our MVP and only saving grace thus far. I hope Brown plays lights out against the Noles...Mertz's run was legendary but unfortunately cost him the season. But yes, scared money don't make money got all scared on that final series of plays. Get the damn first down and then kick the game winner with no time left on the clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT