ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Mullen Recruiting!!!!

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Just come out with it already.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Here, let me go ahead and get this outta the way for this week. o_O

You're all VALIDATED for the week, so you can now all relax... :rolleyes:

Seems like the big three are all floundering in recruiting to some extent. If rankings are to be believed, all three of Florida's top schools are out of the top ten. With so much home grown talent it seems hard to believe that can happen. Yet we are seeing it now. It is still too early to write anyone off at this point with so many uncommitted prospects.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Were they 'free' like the shoes handed out to the players (and recruits) at FSUcks??? :D

Well it's crunch time for Mullen. Either he pulls a mini miracle after FNL or we will have another crappy Mac level class.

Short of that happening by around 8/1 our ceiling looks to be a joke #7 SEC class maybe #14 nationally or so building on top of Macs crappy classes.

Reactions: Bml07 and BucaNole
Well it's crunch time for Mullen. Either he pulls a mini miracle after FNL or we will have another crappy Mac level class.

Short of that happening by around 8/1 our ceiling looks to be a joke #7 SEC class maybe #14 nationally or so building on top of Macs crappy classes.

Yea, had dinner a week ago with some UF boosters down in Tampa. All echoed the same opinion.

Since 2010 Florida has only had three good seasons and in those three good years your offense was total garbage. That narrative that UF sucks at offense has been driven by your last two hires. Five star athletes won’t take any program serious until they see consistency and commitment from the program. For Mullen’s first class to be in the teens knocking on the door of top ten should be viewed as successful. If he starts scoring points with mediocre QBs and you get back into the 9-10 wins with an offense not ranked in the 100s recruits will start lining up again. But right now you are the Gators of the 1970s perception-wise.

Seems like the big three are all floundering in recruiting to some extent. If rankings are to be believed, all three of Florida's top schools are out of the top ten. With so much home grown talent it seems hard to believe that can happen. Yet we are seeing it now. It is still too early to write anyone off at this point with so many uncommitted prospects.

Welp, while you are mostly correct that all three teams are out of the top 10, FSU is ESPN #8, one of the three is really struggling compared to the other two who might be considered underperforming. I’ll let you make the call to which team is really struggling.

Since 2010 Florida has only had three good seasons and in those three good years your offense was total garbage. That narrative that UF sucks at offense has been driven by your last two hires. Five star athletes won’t take any program serious until they see consistency and commitment from the program. For Mullen’s first class to be in the teens knocking on the door of top ten should be viewed as successful. If he starts scoring points with mediocre QBs and you get back into the 9-10 wins with an offense not ranked in the 100s recruits will start lining up again. But right now you are the Gators of the 1970s perception-wise.

Good recruiters at big time schools in the South get good 2nd classes period. The rest of that is for excuse makers. Just go look at Texas etc. Mac's crappy recruiting was the exception not the norm.

Well, it looks like the fevered brain and the SucaNole are on the same page anyway.... :cool:

Good for them, as misery needs company... :oops:

Good recruiters at big time schools in the South get good 2nd classes period. The rest of that is for excuse makers. Just go look at Texas etc. Mac's crappy recruiting was the exception not the norm.

You might be a little over the top on this, but I'm not going to say you're necessarily wrong.

I've got multiple counter arguments (these kids were 9-10 years old the last time Florida was interesting to watch etc) but I will hold out last August first because if we DO have an offense and get things moving, that will help. It's been a rough decade.

Reactions: bradleygator
You might be a little over the top on this, but I'm not going to say you're necessarily wrong.

I've got multiple counter arguments (these kids were 9-10 years old the last time Florida was interesting to watch etc) but I will hold out last August first because if we DO have an offense and get things moving, that will help. It's been a rough decade.

I have got a bunch of examples to show you we were the exception not the rule with Mac's crappy recruiting at a place like UF. Clemson is probably the best counter argument but that wasn't nearly the same situation as UF as they had been mediocre for nearly 2 decades.

This is the biggest mitigating factor in evaluating Mullen's recruiting, which objectively is looking pretty mediocre to this point. Not only have we been average to bad, we've been lame. Mac's offenses sucked and were boring schematically, and he sat there with his yellowed teeth and handed out sticks of gum to the players. What 17-year-old wants to run with that?

I have no doubt that Mullen will be the first coach since 2009 to run the program professionally. The days of losing 7-8 games and going two years without recruiting an offensive lineman are over. But it remains to be seen whether he can ignite this program the way Spurrier and Meyer did. Eventually we will have to be cool again, but competent is a necessary first step.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
This is the biggest mitigating factor in evaluating Mullen's recruiting, which objectively is looking pretty mediocre to this point. Not only have we been average to bad, we've been lame. Mac's offenses sucked and were boring schematically, and he sat there with his yellowed teeth and handed out sticks of gum to the players. What 17-year-old wants to run with that?

I have no doubt that Mullen will be the first coach since 2009 to run the program professionally. The days of losing 7-8 games and going two years without recruiting an offensive lineman are over. But it remains to be seen whether he can ignite this program the way Spurrier and Meyer did. Eventually we will have to be cool again, but competent is a necessary first step.

And that's pretty much why I've not been too hung up on where we stand right now in recruiting.

We are in serious trouble if we continue to roll out hard to watch football.

And that's pretty much why I've not been too hung up on where we stand right now in recruiting.

We are in serious trouble if we continue to roll out hard to watch football.

You guys aren’t necessarily wrong and have made great points as per usual BUT if it took evidence on the field first to get great recruiting then how would bad programs ever turn around? They’re bad and don’t have talent so they aren’t gonna be competent most of the time and lose more than win which would just necessitate moor poor recruiting if that’s logic holds. It would just be a never ending cycle of mediocre to bad football.

Recruiting is sales. Winning on the field no doubt helps, you’d be stupid to think otherwise, but you gotta be able to sell ice to an Eskimo. I mean usually when a coach is fired it’s because his program is bad, which means the new coach is recruiting to a bad situation and most new coaches at top programs find a way to recruit. Unlike Fever I don’t think Mullen is a bad recruiter, probably just average. But like I said before the problem with that is that Mac’s recruiting was so bad you’re gonna need elite recruiting to pull of of his hole.

You guys aren’t necessarily wrong and have made great points as per usual BUT if it took evidence on the field first to get great recruiting then how would bad programs ever turn around? They’re bad and don’t have talent so they aren’t gonna be competent most of the time and lose more than win which would just necessitate moor poor recruiting if that’s logic holds. It would just be a never ending cycle of mediocre to bad football.

Recruiting is sales. Winning on the field no doubt helps, you’d be stupid to think otherwise, but you gotta be able to sell ice to an Eskimo. I mean usually when a coach is fired it’s because his program is bad, which means the new coach is recruiting to a bad situation and most new coaches at top programs find a way to recruit. Unlike Fever I don’t think Mullen is a bad recruiter, probably just average. But like I said before the problem with that is that Mac’s recruiting was so bad you’re gonna need elite recruiting to pull of of his hole.

^This and I hope people aren't expecting Franks to lead us to some 10-2 record with good offense to get recruits excited. That is at least a year away with a new QB probably. He must get recruiting corrected or make changes after this class to get some good recruiters.

It's incredible to me how some people are already panicking over Dan Mullen when his team hasn't played a single game, he hasn't been on the job 9 months and we're almost 6 months away from his 1st full year signing class. I honestly think that just with improved strength & conditioning, a more professional, positive attitude and higher expectations, along with superior play calling, 2018's team will be much better than most think. I don't think 9-3 is unrealistic. And with proven on-the-field success he will land more big time recruits. What top tier player would want to come to Florida with the dumpster fire program McElwain created, except the die-hard, lifetime Gator kid? Most will take a wait & see approach and when Mullen starts producing on the field with the talent he has to work with, I predict that he'll start landing more upper echelon players.

Reactions: 96FSU
It's incredible to me how some people are already panicking over Dan Mullen when his team hasn't played a single game, he hasn't been on the job 9 months and we're almost 6 months away from his 1st full year signing class. I honestly think that just with improved strength & conditioning, a more professional, positive attitude and higher expectations, along with superior play calling, 2018's team will be much better than most think. I don't think 9-3 is unrealistic. And with proven on-the-field success he will land more big time recruits. What top tier player would want to come to Florida with the dumpster fire program McElwain created, except the die-hard, lifetime Gator kid? Most will take a wait & see approach and when Mullen starts producing on the field with the talent he has to work with, I predict that he'll start landing more upper echelon players.

lol On the field recent success is the scapegoat now for crappy results in recruiting. Funny it doesn't seem to matter at those other big Southern schools. And even buying that nonsense that is being peddled then we are truly screwed because we arent going to have some flashy offense with Franks at QB so I guess we can give Mullen an excuse for a crappy 2020 class right now.

Reactions: Sand_Salt
If I were a Gator fan I would seriously panic the day that Franks is named the starter, which I think is inevitable. But honestly, what other option do you have?

If I were a Gator fan I would seriously panic the day that Franks is named the starter, which I think is inevitable. But honestly, what other option do you have?

HS Jr/Sr - 72% - 16 TD's - 0 Int's -
Playing the 3rd and 7th possessions of his HS games in a Spread/Option offense.
He makes all the throws, deep, wheel, crossing, come-back, hitch, out, etc. o_O
And although he's not billed as a running QB, at 6-5 239, he can run it if/when that's needed. He throws accurate from the deep pocket, step-up shallow pocket, and while running or rolling out.

Only the blind or chronically stupid :confused: --- believe that not being the starter means that he can't play the position. His own HS coach has long ago put an end to that kind of village idiot speculation, except of course for the confirmed village idiots and/or rival trolls with their own hidden agendas and/or bias... :rolleyes: --- But see for yourself... :cool:

But hey, that was just 5A Texas HS stuff, how about against a UF/SEC quality defense?
To WR, TE, RB, and he's shown that he can and will stand in and take a hit to get it off.
With a no hit policy on 'Srping Game' QB's, the runs are a bit iffy for any QB imo...
However, Kyle has shown in both HS at at UF that he's not afraid to pull in down and run, IF that's the correct option to apply. o_O

==========

Now, as to the FNG QB only being a Freshman, Emory would not be Dan's first Fr to play some, and Emory is a true QB-dt that can run like a RB at 6-2 192 and continuing to grow and develop with the 'Savage'. He came as an early enrollee, so he's been here since Jan. after being flipped from Meyer/tOSU.
His HS Highlights:

His 1st Gator Spring Game Highlights:

If enough strange chit happen (it's at least possible) the FL/GA game might be E.Jones vs J.Fields... :eek:
==========

And Ath (WR/RB/QB/KR Kadarius Toney has already shown that he can play a little bit at QB if/when that's needed. ;)
What got Toney to UF in the 1st place?

And how did he do once he was here?

================

Only the village idiots and a select group of totally brain-dead media-morons, :confused: -- think that Franks is the only QB option that Dan has for 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: nail1988
You’re the only idiot who can parade around this board as an SEC cheerleader talking about how tough the conference and its defenses are but then turn right around and pretend like stats put up in mop up time in HIGH SCHOOL are somehow the same as SEC play. It’s ridiculous. But everyone else is biased.

You’re the only idiot who can parade around this board as an SEC cheerleader talking about how tough the conference and its defenses are but then turn right around and pretend like stats put up in mop up time in HIGH SCHOOL are somehow the same as SEC play. It’s ridiculous. But everyone else is biased.

Why don't you sober up, or get some adult to read my post to you and explain them.

His HS coach said that he played Trask in the 3rd and 7th series of the games, not in mop-up,,, you idiot twit.

And in the Spring games, mostly using the 2-3 offense, he went against the 1-2 UF/SEC defense. While that's not the same as playing another SEC team's defense, it's certainly in the ball park.

No, everyone is not biased, which does not negate some from being biased you twit. Now, why don't you go parade your own unadulterated bias somewhere else, before you confirm your absolute stupidity for everyone reading here.... o_O

Leans back, grabs the popcorn, and waits for this moron's next implosion...
:cool:

Last edited:
Who gives a damn what series he played you moron? It’s still mop up time. And you’ve continually referenced this mop up time and have even gone as far as to compare it to what Franks produced last year, performance against you know, actual D-1 teams as if the level of competition is even remotely the same. In short...you’re extremely dumb.

lol On the field recent success is the scapegoat now for crappy results in recruiting. Funny it doesn't seem to matter at those other big Southern schools. And even buying that nonsense that is being peddled then we are truly screwed because we arent going to have some flashy offense with Franks at QB so I guess we can give Mullen an excuse for a crappy 2020 class right now.

You know he hasn’t even coached his first fall practice yet?

Guess what, this class is going to suck. Guess what, he isn’t getting fired. What else? He won’t even be near the hot seat. Get a grip.

And his transition class with transfers included was damn impressive, especially some guys like Chatfiled who weren’t even on the radar when he arrived. Perhaps we should show a little patience.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Who gives a damn what series he played you moron? It’s still mop up time. And you’ve continually referenced this mop up time and have even gone as far as to compare it to what Franks produced last year, performance against you know, actual D-1 teams as if the level of competition is even remotely the same. In short...you’re extremely dumb.

Why don't you sober up, or get some adult to read my post to you and explain them.

His HS coach said that he played Trask in the 3rd and 7th series of the games, not in mop-up,,, you idiot twit.

And in the Spring games, mostly using the 2-3 offense, he went against the 1-2 UF/SEC defense. While that's not the same as playing another SEC team's defense, it's certainly in the ball park.

No, everyone is not biased, which does not negate some from being biased you twit. Now, why don't you go parade your own unadulterated bias somewhere else, before you confirm your absolute stupidity for everyone reading here.... o_O

Whoops, too late... :rolleyes:

You know he hasn’t even coached his first fall practice yet?

Guess what, this class is going to suck. Guess what, he isn’t getting fired. What else? He won’t even be near the hot seat. Get a grip.

And his transition class with transfers included was damn impressive, especially some guys like Chatfiled who weren’t even on the radar when he arrived. Perhaps we should show a little patience.

Yep and guess what I am going to call it what it is and guess what the recruiting will still suck in 2020 if he doesn't get some good recruiters on staff.

A #18 Rivals class isn't that impressive. I guess its decent for a 1st shortened class but it doesn't change what is going on now. This will be like our 5th crappy class in the last 6 years. Mullen won't have Muschamp's defenders to lean on either for 2 years like Mac did.

Almost, but you missed the real target slightly.

Rivals recruit ratings and thus class rankings are not that impressive...
(imo, recent rivals recruiting is for sale at their camps, don't go/pay, = chitty rating)
And imo, their own bias is rather glaring to say the very least. o_O
i.e. an FSUcks rivals 4 star commit flips to UF, and instantly becomes a 3 star.
A consensus 4 star scUM LB commit flips to UF, and instantly becomes a too small 3 star.

BTW, this is fine with me because they are a business who's object is to make money, not be unbiased or fair across the board. :cool: The only problem arises when some fan attempts to take their 'paid opinions' as irrefutable facts... :confused:

JMOHO's of course....
ESPN for individual recruit ratings.
247 Composite for class ranking. (averaged idiots, is slightly better than individual idiots)
And even then, none of them really 'knows' every individual teams needs or how well their recruits will fit in and fill the team's needs. That's up to the coaches to know when selecting.

#6 Tennis-sea's 2015 (28) Class only has 11 of 28 that are still on their roster. :rolleyes:

So what should that #6 class really be ranked now? o_O --- (see what I mean?) :cool:

Yep and guess what I am going to call it what it is and guess what the recruiting will still suck in 2020 if he doesn't get some good recruiters on staff.

A #18 Rivals class isn't that impressive. I guess its decent for a 1st shortened class but it doesn't change what is going on now. This will be like our 5th crappy class in the last 6 years. Mullen won't have Muschamp's defenders to lean on either for 2 years like Mac did.

#14 Composite. Even higher on avg. player rating since we only took 20. Also it included our highest quality QB recruit since Grier. Add in four transfers including former 5* Grimes and two 4* in Krull and Jefferson. It was a damn good transition class considering it had nothing in it when he arrived.

And I get it. This class sucks. Only positives are it does include a quality QB and a highly rated DT (two positions I consider critical for sucees and ignored under the last two coaches.). It does appear to be headed towards a very average class and probably nothing that can make it ‘great’. But at the same time those inside, most notably Spurrier, can’t say enough good about whats going on. So if nothing else at least the coaching, S&C and program management are there, none of which were under Mac. Lots to fix here. If 2020 isn’t a better class I will be all about bashing him.

#14 Composite. Even higher on avg. player rating since we only took 20. Also it included our highest quality QB recruit since Grier. Add in four transfers including former 5* Grimes and two 4* in Krull and Jefferson. It was a damn good transition class considering it had nothing in it when he arrived.

And I get it. This class sucks. Only positives are it does include a quality QB and a highly rated DT (two positions I consider critical for sucees and ignored under the last two coaches.). It does appear to be headed towards a very average class and probably nothing that can make it ‘great’. But at the same time those inside, most notably Spurrier, can’t say enough good about whats going on. So if nothing else at least the coaching, S&C and program management are there, none of which were under Mac. Lots to fix here. If 2020 isn’t a better class I will be all about bashing him.

What else is Spurrier going to say after the crap show that was Mack.

Well I wont be late to the party this time and I did say Mullen shouldn't have been hired when the first 2 coaches were out of the picture. We are 100% screwed if he doesn't get some recruiters here for the 2020 class.

I would be happy right now even knowing we are looking at an 8-4 or 7-5 team this year most likely if this crappy recruiting didn't pop up. No way to sugar coat it coming off of Mac's mess.

Well, IF he can't recruit quality players, then he's the best football coach in D1 football at coaching up his 'low-quality' guys, that I've ever seen... o_O

NFL Players (Round Drafted)

In Dan's 'no recruiting' 9 years as the HC at MsSt

OT Martinas Rankin (3rd) – Mississippi State ’18 – Houston Texans
TE Jordan Thomas (6th) – Mississippi State ’18 – Houston Texans
LS Hunter Bradley (7th) – Mississippi State ’18 – Green Bay Packers
P Logan Cooke (7th) – Mississippi State ’18 – Jacksonville Jaguars
OT Justin Senior (6th) – Mississippi State ’17 – Seattle Seahawks
DE Chris Jones (2nd) – Mississippi State ’16 – Kansas City Chiefs
CB Will Redmond (3rd) – Mississippi State ’16 – San Francisco 49ers
QB Dak Prescott (4th) – Mississippi State ’16 – Dallas Cowboys
DE Preston Smith (2nd) – Mississippi State ’15 – Washington Redskins
LB Benardrick McKinney (2nd) – Mississippi State ’15 – Houston Texans
LB Matthew Wells (6th) – Mississippi State ’15 – New England Patriots
TE Malcolm Johnson (6th) – Mississippi State ’15 – Cleveland Johnson
RB Josh Robinson (6th) – Mississippi State ’15 – Indianapolis Colts
OG Gabe Jackson (3rd) – Mississippi State ’14 – Oakland Raiders
CB Darius Slay (2nd) – Mississippi State ’13 – Detroit Lions
CB Jonathan Banks (2nd) – Mississippi State ’13 – Tampa Bay Buc's
DT Josh Boyd (6th) – Mississippi State ’13 – Green Bay Packers
DT Fletcher Cox (1st) – Mississippi State ’12 – Philadelphia Eagles
RB Vick Ballard (5th) – Mississippi State ’12 – Indianapolis Colts
S Charles Mitchell (6th) – Mississippi State ’12 – Atlanta Falcons
OT Derek Sherrod (1st) – Mississippi State ’11 – Green Bay Packers
LB K.J. Wright (4th) – Mississippi State ’11 – Seattle Seahawks
DE Pernell McPhee (5th) – Mississippi State ’11 – Baltimore Ravens
LB Chris White (6th) – Mississippi State ’11 – Buffalo Bills
RB Anthony Dixon (6th) – Mississippi State ’10 – San Francisco 49ers
LB Jamar Chaney (7th) – Mississippi State ’10 – Philadelphia Eagles

=================

And in his 4 years as the OC at Florida: (offensive player-recruits only)

C Mike Pouncey (1st) – Florida ’11 – Miami Dolphins
OT Marcus Gilbert (2nd) – Florida ’11 – Pittsburgh Steelers
OT Maurice Hurt (7th) – Florida ’11 – Washington Redskins
C Maurkice Pouncey (1st) – Florida ’10 – Pittsburgh Steelers
QB Tim Tebow (1st) – Florida ’10 – Denver Broncos
WR Riley Cooper (5th) – Florida ’10 – Philadelphia Eagles
WR Percy Harvin (1st) – Florida ’09 – Minnesota Vikings
WR Louis Murphy (4th) – Florida ’09 – Oakland Raiders
TE Cornelius Ingram (5th) – Florida ’09 – Philadelphia Eagles
WR Andre Caldwell (3rd) – Florida ’08 – Cincinnati Bengals
WR Dallas Baker (7th) – Florida ’07 – Pittsburgh Steelers
RB DeShawn Wynn (7th) – Florida ’07 – Green Bay Packers
WR Chad Jackson (2nd) –Florida ’06 – New England Patrio

Plus 3 from Utah (including a 1st Rnd QB) and 1 more from Bowling Green.
===========

For an 'outsider's professional opinion:
ESPN College Football Analyst Kirk Herbstreit:
“Dan Mullen’s consistency and success in Starkville is a testament to his ability to evaluate talent, develop them, and put them in positions to win on Saturdays. This, along with his background in Gainesville with Championship teams, makes him a perfect fit for the Gators.”

Former Florida Defensive Lineman, Multiple NFL Pro Bowls & ESPN College Football Analyst Kevin Carter: “Dan Mullen is an excellent hire for the Gators. He will recruit both players and coaches well. His development of quarterbacks is as good as anyone in college football over the last 15 years. This is a solid move for the future of Florida Football.”

Former Florida QB & ESPN College Football Analyst Jesse Palmer:
“Having gotten to know Dan personally, and after covering him professionally I am confident that he is the right man for this job. His track record speaks for itself, as he’s been instrumental to UF’s past national championship pedigree and unprecedented success at Mississippi State. Dan is a natural leader who inspires his players to give their best both on and off the field. This is a great day for Gator Nation.”

1966 Heisman Trophy Winner & UAA Ambassador Steve Spurrier:
“The Gators are thrilled that Dan Mullen has accepted our offer to be the head coach at our University. With his background here with Urban Meyer and his success at Mississippi State, he is well prepared to turn the Gators back into a top-10 football program in the country. We all look forward to his arrival here in Gainesville and to welcome him back to Gator Nation.”

1996 Heisman Trophy Winner & Gator Great Danny Wuerffel:
“All of us Gators love to not only win games, but have fun along the way. I’m confident Dan Mullen will quickly get us back on track on both fronts.”

And from the ultimate Gator 'iNSIDER' that played for Dan: 2007 Heisman Trophy Winner & Gator Great Tim Tebow: “I love that Coach Mullen is someone who understands the culture of the University of Florida and has won two national championships here. Dan understands how to coach and mentor quarterbacks and build championship level expectations and deliver them both on and off the field. He will not only be a great coach for the players from an X’s and O’s standpoint, but as a mentor for all the young men in the program.”

But hey, anyone that wants to take the board whiners opinions on Dan instead, good luck with that... :D

Reactions: Vinny B
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT