ADVERTISEMENT

Chance of Zaire playing for the Gators?

The true genius of Jelly-Belly-Kelly at neutered lame in 2016:
5-7 Texas 50 - 47 JBK
3-9 MichSt 36 - 28 JBK
4-8 Dukie 38 - 35 JBK
7-6 NCSt 10 - 3 JBK
JBK / NL went 4-8 in 2016 with his genius offensive/passing play book....
So my gawd, sign his backup QB Zaire up, and then start him fo-sho.... :rolleyes:
-----------

I don't see not having Callaway as all that big of a problem in 2017, like it might have been in 2016, because of the current roster. :cool:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/justin-fields-florida-gators

"They say they can accomplish big things with me and compete for a national championship,” Fields said. “They’re mainly saying that they’re just missing a quarterback. They have all the pieces to the puzzle. That’s their main message.”

That message is resonating with Fields, an Elite 11 finalist and the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the 247Sports composite rankings. Fields said he likes Florida’s offensive system and has a good rapport with McElwain & Co., but his opportunity to play early trumps all.

“The most appealing thing about Florida is probably their quarterback room,” Fields said. “That helps them.”
----------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like Mac isn't too confident about what he might have for 2018 after Zaire leaves.

He better get Fields or he might be playing with fire. Let Franks and Trask leave and all of a sudden his QB roster next year is true freshman Fields and RS Freshman Allen once Toney goes to WR. Not exactly ideal. Course then we'll hear about how we can't expect the offense to be good because we're young. Rinse and repeat.

He better get Fields or he might be playing with fire. Let Franks and Trask leave and all of a sudden his QB roster next year is true freshman Fields and RS Freshman Allen once Toney goes to WR. Not exactly ideal. Course then we'll hear about how we can't expect the offense to be good because we're young. Rinse and repeat.

We would still have Del Rio.

Reactions: oozie7
How hilarious would it be if he transfers again? 4 schools in what...a 7 year career? That would have to be some kinda record.

At this point it wouldn't make sense.

He wouldn't have any eligibility left by that time but it would be funny.

Yep, I can see that it's gonna be Trask & Allen for sure, with wildcat Toney as the thrown screw-ball to keep the defense stumbling around in the dark... :D

Somehow, I actually think he has two years left LMAO. He was a sophomore last year I believe.

Right but...well I guess it would depend on when he decided to transfer, right?

He'd have to transfer before this season started I believe.

I think he's already graduated, so he could go somewhere and play his last two years without sitting out.

saban tells all the guys that transfer out as five stars that they can't live without them going forward at some point like this too... so.... coaches make it sound like every player is such an individual savior when they are highly ranked in the most team sport oriented game of all by far

Naw, Mc won't allow it. He needs Zaire to inspire LDR to become the 2017 starter, and force the dweebs to go drown themselves in Lake Alice... :D:D

Naw, Mc won't allow it. He needs Zaire to inspire LDR to become the 2017 starter, and force the dweebs to go drown themselves in Lake Alice... :D:D

http://www.onefootdown.com/2017/5/2...exas-longhorns-spring-meetings-irish-lacrosse

DAYkXNPXcAEZjqP.0.jpg

Zaire graduated

Zaire told the Dayton Daily News Friday that he’s “just waiting for some things to finalize.”

I’ll echo the majority opinion and speculate the Kettering, Ohio product is waiting to see if the Southeastern Conference relaxes its graduate transfer rule during its spring meeting, which starts Thursday in Destin, Fla.

Hey,,, anyone got any ideas on which new Grad-xfer Mc-Nuss can bring in next season to be the new 1 year starter, or will LDR finally be ready to go as a rsSr by 2018? o_O

Hey,,, anyone got any ideas on which new Grad-xfer Mc-Nuss can bring in next season to be the new 1 year starter, or will LDR finally be ready to go as a rsSr by 2018? o_O

I mean, I don't disagree, but if the biggest fear people have is that bringing in transfers means the staff can't evaluate/recruit/developer QB talent, I'm not sure that's totally accurate.

It's kind of being based off two guys who were both different types of projects, and everyone knew that going in.

I think it's a good thing that we explore every option and try to win.

These guys get paid to win or they will be jobless, and if Zaire came in and pulled some Cam'ish stuff to help us win (calm down, it's just an example if he can win games as a Transfer), NO ONE would care how it makes anyone look when you are 8-0 at that point.. and if the kids that got replaced don't like it, be better.. All the top coaches don't have time for feelings at a place like Florida and in this conference.. This kind of stuff kept Gene Chizik paid and employed in the SEC for two more years

Wouldn't and didn't care about any transfers years 1 and 2. But healthy programs don't rely on transfers to carry them, that's kinda undeniable. And if the QB's already here suck to the point a transfer can start after being here 3 months that's still a bad reflection on the coaches. Who the hell made them offer them? And it's not even a situation where they were chasing other top guys and missed out and had to settle. They took Trask very early and chased Franks all year. So yea if Zaire comes here and ball ultimately I won't care for this year, but in the back of my mind I'll know it's fools gold and know these coaches can't develop a QB worth a damn. So once he leaves its back to square one.

I wish Mac had brought his OC from CSU with him. Starting to think he was the one that mostly developed that QB there. Mac made a big mistake going after Nuss it appears. I guess Mac and that guy at CSU didn't see eye to eye all the time. I hope he didn't go after Nuss just because he coached in the SEC before.

If this,,, if that,,, I hope....

IF chit didn't stink, then it would smell good... o_O
And fan hopes (mine or yours) are mostly irrelevant to what happens, today, tomorrow, or whenever. :oops:

Xfer LDR rsSo and Happyby Grad-Sr in 2016
Xfer Grad-Sr Zaire in 2017
Xfer LDR rsSr in 2018
Finally either Franks rsJr or Trask rsJr in 2019
Or will they again need a Grad-Sr xfer in 2019, while waiting on Franks and Trask to be rsSr's in 2020? :rolleyes:
After all, for some it takes years to learn this highly complicated offense, (except for Claribell), while any xfer reject can learn it in just a couple of months... :confused:

No worries mates.
It seems that Cow-Chip Kelly has gone to ESPN (like Meyer) for the 2017 season, so the Gators can begin all over again in 2018 by hiring him to replace the current staff, if they 'screw the pooch' again with another winning season and SECe-C, but have a low ranked offense.... :confused:

(time for me to take a break, cause I'm getting very dizzy from chasing my tail...) :oops:

If this,,, if that,,, I hope....

IF chit didn't stink, then it would smell good... o_O
And fan hopes (mine or yours) are mostly irrelevant to what happens, today, tomorrow, or whenever. :oops:

Xfer LDR rsSo and Happyby Grad-Sr in 2016
Xfer Grad-Sr Zaire in 2017
Xfer LDR rsSr in 2018
Finally either Franks rsJr or Trask rsJr in 2019
Or will they again need a Grad-Sr xfer in 2019, while waiting on Franks and Trask to be rsSr's in 2020? :rolleyes:
After all, for some it takes years to learn this highly complicated offense, (except for Claribell), while any xfer reject can learn it in just a couple of months... :confused:

No worries mates.
It seems that Cow-Chip Kelly has gone to ESPN (like Meyer) for the 2017 season, so the Gators can begin all over again in 2018 by hiring him to replace the current staff, if they 'screw the pooch' again with another winning season and SECe-C, but have a low ranked offense.... :confused:

(time for me to take a break, cause I'm getting very dizzy from chasing my tail...) :oops:

Yep we may need another grad transfer in 2018 if Mac thinks all the other QBs are too lost still to start.

I wish Mac had brought his OC from CSU with him. Starting to think he was the one that mostly developed that QB there. Mac made a big mistake going after Nuss it appears. I guess Mac and that guy at CSU didn't see eye to eye all the time. I hope he didn't go after Nuss just because he coached in the SEC before.
You mean Dave Baldwin?? The same guy that isn't even an OC right now and got demoted at Oregon State this past year?

You mean Dave Baldwin?? The same guy that isn't even an OC right now and got demoted at Oregon State this past year?

That was political it sounded like reading about his situation and he get hung out by Mac with no job so took that so called co-OC position where he was subordinate in reality and it was changed into a run heavy offense different from his and he was the receivers coach. Mac appears to have hung him out along with UF with his decision to take on about the worst OC in all of football. Good going Mac - that decision is paying off big for us.

Last edited:
That was political it sounded like reading about his situation and he get hung out by Mac with no job so took that so called co-OC position where he was subordinate in reality and it was changed into a run heavy offense different from his and he was the receivers coach. Mac appears to have hung him out along with UF with his decision to take on about the worst OC in all of football. Good going Mac - that decision is paying off big for us.
He didn't get hung out. He interviewed for the Colorado St head position when McElwain left and Baldwin didn't get it. Baldwin's career the last few years has gone backwards. Not exactly the right trajectory for a coach that you think is supposed to be so good. Baldwin currently coaches the "inside receivers" position at Oregon State. What the heck is that?

Those two were splitting before Mac even came to UF.

Reactions: Gator Fever

Man...football season needs to start before you go 100% off the deep end.

He didn't get hung out. He interviewed for the Colorado St head position when McElwain left and Baldwin didn't get it. Baldwin's career the last few years has gone backwards. Not exactly the right trajectory for a coach that you think is supposed to be so good. Baldwin currently coaches the "inside receivers" position at Oregon State. What the heck is that?

Yes he did get hung out by Mac - CSU wasnt going to hire him. They were already hinting they were going to look outside for the new head coach. He has been in a crappy position - to get hired late he got stuck with a guy that wants to run the damn ball all the time. He tried to speak up and got demoted from his co - OC position which was really not the OC position at all because he was hired subordinate to the other guy and now we have Nuss and the rest is history. Mac has led to his situation along with our offense still being atrocious all because of his thoughts on the OC position and Nuss.

Man...football season needs to start before you go 100% off the deep end.

Just telling what happened but I will sit back and listen while you tell me how smart Mac was to get Nuss as the OC just because he coached in the SEC before. Nuss showed he was lost again at Michigan in 2014. The guy only really had an offense that produced good for the talent level it had at Washington and that was because the head coach was really directing most of the offense there unlike Mac here.

Just telling what happened but I will sit back and listen while you tell me how smart Mac was to get Nuss as the OC just because he coached in the SEC before. Nuss showed he was lost again at Michigan in 2014. The guy only really had an offense that produced good for the talent level it had at Washington and that was because the head coach was really directing most of the offense there unlike Mac here.

I'm not sure anyone here, minus Insta, thinks Nuss is any good.

So you certainly won't hear it from me.

It's also pretty untrue that he's the worst OC in football.

I'm not sure anyone here, minus Insta, thinks Nuss is any good.

So you certainly won't hear it from me.

It's also pretty untrue that he's the worst OC in football.

Fair enough but I bet Nuss's last 3 years as an OC has to be right at the bottom with any OC that coached from 2014 - 2016.

Fair enough but I bet Nuss's last 3 years as an OC has to be right at the bottom with any OC that coached from 2014 - 2016.

Let me rephrase it: I don't necessarily think Nuss good enough for top tier offensive control.

He would probably light it up at a mid-major but when it comes to the big schools, I don't think he has to the ability to create "a decisive schematic advantage."

Reactions: Gator Fever
I'll say Nuss is the weakest link in the entire program.

Mc is doing many things right despite what some want to paint.

The majority of his recruits are staying out of trouble minus Callaway. We had two go wild last preseason with a bb gun. We had a few smoke weed.. something that happens at every major college program. Most have qualified. We are waiting on one signee to finalize. We had D McGriff not qualify and he was a late addition to a first signing class and was worth the chance. We lost nothing gambling on him. The TE signee enrolled early and transferred out due to something to wanting to play with his brother. Daniel Imbowithalonglastname. Jordan Cronkite transferred due to competition at his position. The majority of his signers have qualified, stayed out of trouble, and stayed around for two years at least. The greats like Spurrier and Meyer had transfers. As did Zook and Chimp. Those four also had law breakers.

Mc needs to develop a QB. That's his weak point right now. No other coach in my lifetime of watching Gator football had his problem minus Muschamp.

Alex Wilcox‏@AlexWilcoxWNDU
Alex Wilcox Retweeted CollegeFootballTalk

Sources tell me former Irish QB Malik Zaire is telling people he has chosen Florida, is now just waiting for SEC to change transfer rules.

Alex Wilcox added,
CollegeFootballTalkVerified account@CFTalk
College football world will watch as SEC reviews graduate transfer rules at spring meetings http://wp.me/p14QTT-1BMf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its Zaire time it appears. I think Mac already knows the rule is going to be tweeked to a 1 year deal or eliminated altogether. Now we may win 8 or 9 games instead of 7 and have more of a chance to beat Michigan. If Zaire doesn't beat Franks out I will be pleasantly surprised they have that much faith in Franks.

Here, let me get this in before all of the Gator rivals do it.... :rolleyes:

And how much did it co$t UF to buy that SEC rule change, just so they could bring in a nuttless reject QB, in a laughable attempt to save their sorry 2017 season? o_O (2.5 months on roster by Sept)

Totally useless and wasted $$ scholarships on these incompetent duds:
Luke Del Rio rsJr - 30 months on roster w/6 starts.
Feleipe' Franks rsFr - 20 months on roster by Sept.
Kyle Trask rsFr- 20 months on roster by Sept.
Kadarius Toney Fr - EE - 8 months on roster by Sept.
Jake Allen Fr - 4 months on roster by Sept.

IF they bring in Zaire to be the 2017 QB, then they should dump the already PROVEN DUDS off of their welfare ship QB roster, and/or force them to xfer out of the program. Toney and Allen can fill the backup bill for Zaire...:confused:

If they transfer, they won't get to play until next year anyway. That's just more doom and gloom and hyperbole.

Here, let me get this in before all of the Gator rivals do it.... :rolleyes:

And how much did it co$t UF to buy that SEC rule change, just so they could bring in a nuttless reject QB, in a laughable attempt to save their sorry 2017 season? o_O (2.5 months on roster by Sept)

Totally useless and wasted $$ scholarships on these incompetent duds:
Luke Del Rio rsJr - 30 months on roster w/6 starts.
Feleipe' Franks rsFr - 20 months on roster by Sept.
Kyle Trask rsFr- 20 months on roster by Sept.
Kadarius Toney Fr - EE - 8 months on roster by Sept.
Jake Allen Fr - 4 months on roster by Sept.

IF they bring in Zaire to be the 2017 QB, then they should dump the already PROVEN DUDS off of their welfare ship QB roster, and/or force them to xfer out of the program. Toney and Allen can fill the backup bill for Zaire...:confused:

Maybe they feel they can get Fields also if Zaire starts in 2017 since a young QB wont be given the reigns and have much of a head start on him. This would also allow Allen to be on better footing his RS Freshman season to compete for the job.

You actually think Mac should start pulling Bama tactics when it comes to players not producing to his liking and tell them don't let the door hit them in the a**? I think that would be pretty bad if we started pulling Saban tactics on these student athletes.

Also who knows Zaire might get hurt and LDR or Franks would need to step in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT