ADVERTISEMENT

Chance of Zaire playing for the Gators?

Well, we have 3 takers so far on the 'IF I was the HC' choices.

iG - Trask - Allen (Toney with wildcat QB packages)

ozzie - Franks - Trask - Toney

Fev - Zaier - LDR (wishes Allen had been an EE)

So we can easily see how diverse the choices are, with just 3 of us doing the picking so far. :cool:

Okay guys,,, this is a 'IF I were the HC decision.'

I'll go first on it, so lay out your choices now, and we can either take the praise, or take the heat, come the early 2017 season, by the post TN game. o_O
(review to come on Sunday Sept. 17, 2017)

Who are your top 2 picks for the Gator QB among this list:
Zaire grad-xfer - LDR rsJr - Franks rsFr-ee - Trask rsFr-ee
Sproles rsFr W-O - Toney Fr-EE - Allen Fr

Here are mine: 1. Trask or 2. Allen, and I'd be okay with either at the 1. spot.

1. Zaire
2. Toney

Time to be done with this pro-style crap for good

No matter how it turns out, the post tennis-sea game QB posts on this subject should be fun for one and all... :D

BTW, Zaire is a 'stretch opiton' at best, seeing as how Mc has yet to actually 'officially offer' him, and that the SEC has yet to reverse their own Grad-xfer policy.

And that's why I put in the #2, so if anyone did choose Zaire as their choice for the starter, that they would have a 'fall-back' choice to go on. (you're welcome) :D

BTW, Zaire is a 'stretch opiton' at best, seeing as how Mc has yet to actually 'officially offer' him, and that the SEC has yet to reverse their own Grad-xfer policy.

And that's why I put in the #2, so if anyone did choose Zaire as their choice for the starter, that they would have a 'fall-back' choice to go on. (you're welcome) :D

Why did Mac go out of his way to tell reporters that pre-season camp is enough time for a QB to win the job and you have to go with who gives you the best chance to win after being asked about the QBs. You don't think that was put out there with him thinking Zaire is coming?

Why did Mac go out of his way to tell reporters that pre-season camp is enough time for a QB to win the job and you have to go with who gives you the best chance to win after being asked about the QBs. You don't think that was put out there with him thinking Zaire is coming?

Allen.... o_O ----------------- :D

Allen.... o_O ----------------- :D

You never know I guess. I am wondering if Zaire does come how in the heck will there will be enough snaps in practice for Zaire, LDR, Franks, Trask and Allen to sort this stuff out and then you will have Toney taking a few for wildcat stuff probably.

You never know I guess. I am wondering if Zaire does come how in the heck will there will be enough snaps in practice for Zaire, LDR, Franks, Trask and Allen to sort this stuff out and then you will have Toney taking a few for wildcat stuff probably.

There won't be. Which means one or both of Trask or Franks would transfer if not both. And I wouldn't blame them because Nuss doesn't know wtf he's doing any damn way. Jump off the ship before it's too late.

Reactions: Gator Fever
There won't be. Which means one or both of Trask or Franks would transfer if not both. And I wouldn't blame them because Nuss doesn't know wtf he's doing any damn way. Jump off the ship before it's too late.

I could see Franks transferring but you don't think Mac could convince him to stay since Zaire is in his last year? He would also tell Franks the job was open until a few days before the Michigan game. It would be curious to see what Franks would do in that situation. I wouldn't blame him if he transferred.

I could see Franks transferring but you don't think Mac could convince him to stay since Zaire is in his last year? He would also tell Franks the job was open until a few days before the Michigan game. It would be curious to see what Franks would do in that situation. I wouldn't blame him if he transferred.

Why would he be convinced by anything Mac has to say? Same with Trask. Those two went through the entire off-season #1 and #2 and then he just lets a transfer in literally a month before the season starts and gives him the job? To hell with that, I'd leave. What message would starting Zaire be saying to them? I wouldn't blame either of em for leaving.

That's true too. But at least one half of the decision making duo is incompetent as hell so who knows what those decisions are based on.

Here's what I don't get:

A QB could come in here and learn the offense in three weeks of practice well enough to start the first game, but the QB's that have been here a year and a half haven't had enough time yet?

Here's what I don't get:

A QB could come in here and learn the offense in three weeks of practice well enough to start the first game, but the QB's that have been here a year and a half haven't had enough time yet?

Exactly. Makes you wonder doesn't it? Clearly the man that's supposed to be teaching them ain't worth a damn.

Exactly. Makes you wonder doesn't it? Clearly the man that's supposed to be teaching them ain't worth a damn.

That or either we have a slow learner and someone that just isn't talented enough and maybe a slow learner also. It would be something if neither did start this season and Allen beat them out in 2018. It would be pretty bad however still having a screwed up QB situation after 3 years with a coach that said he could get it done with his dog at QB...

Last edited:
Really hard for a QB to learn the playbook that quick .. Zaire with a spring maybe .. tough if just starting in June / July.
Chemistry will be huge also .. will be tough to beat out LDR, Franks, Trask and Allen politically .. unless he is way way better. Other issue is reps .. someone has to get ready for Mich. only have reps for maybe 2 guys .. maybe 3 guys. if it is 3 guys can Zaire get ready with one third reps?
He would have to come in on a hot streak to win the job and he has not played in a game since first game of 2015. his real experience is in 2014.

Really hard for a QB to learn the playbook that quick .. Zaire with a spring maybe .. tough if just starting in June / July.
Chemistry will be huge also .. will be tough to beat out LDR, Franks, Trask and Allen politically .. unless he is way way better. Other issue is reps .. someone has to get ready for Mich. only have reps for maybe 2 guys .. maybe 3 guys. if it is 3 guys can Zaire get ready with one third reps?
He would have to come in on a hot streak to win the job and he has not played in a game since first game of 2015. his real experience is in 2014.

Good points but I think Mac would probably give Franks and Zaire the bulk of the quality reps to quickly see what Zaire could do. LDR may not be 100% at the start of camp.

Here's what I don't get:

Considering Zaire has already graduated Notre Dame and Harvard is one of the teams interested in him to transfer to, Zaire appears to be smarter than your average QB, so he of all the QB's out there may be one of the few that can come in and pick up the playbook on a short learning curve.

if he was getting educated on Kelly's playbook for a few years, he can pick up ours and understand it..

I have no idea why this trash playbook is supposed to be so hard to pick up. Incompetent coaches always talk about how hard their playbook is to execute when they can't get results. Defenses sure as hell don't have a hard time mastering it.

I have no idea why this trash playbook is supposed to be so hard to pick up. Incompetent coaches always talk about how hard their playbook is to execute when they can't get results. Defenses sure as hell don't have a hard time mastering it.

And the Iowa Hawkeyes totally agree with that-you...
facebook-smiling-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oh look, you chose 1 game out of a sample of 28 over the last two years to make a point. Brilliant logic on display as per usual. Our offenses being ranked in the 100's for two straight years agrees with me. Next!

Oh look, you chose 1 game out of a sample of 28 over the last two years to make a point. Brilliant logic on display as per usual. Our offenses being ranked in the 100's for two straight years agrees with me. Next!

So, 28 games (actually 27 games) is the standard is it?
Fair enough, we won't use just the last game they played in the bowl.

That offense/team is now 19-8 (27) with B-2-B SECe-C's to it's record.
Gators 636 - 509 Opponents (+127) :cool:

And I don't really care that the average has been run up by 114 teams in other weaker conferences to put UF in the 100's, because it's W/L that counts, not NCAA offensive output rankings that count in my book... o_O

PS --- edit

The defense has only put up 1 shutout in those 27 games, and only a total of 7 games where the opponent was at least held to single digits.

Yes. All those other teams play crap defenses, that's why their offenses are better than ours. Brilliant. That would make sense if our offense hadn't shit the bed multiple times against bad defenses. And point differential takes into account defense and special teams, that has exactly what to do with the performance of the offense? The rankings of all three units the past two years clearly outlines which units have been responsible for what, no matter how you try and spin.

So, Mc has done terrible (19-8) with the cluster on offense than the chump left him with?

Proving that Mc can still win SECe-C's and go 1-1 in bowl games with that kind of junk on the cluster offense. And this proves your point about what? o_O

While you again attempt to breeze over reality... :rolleyes:

9-4 Tennis-sea 27 - 28 UF
10-3 Mississippi 10 - 38 UF
2013-14 SECe-C Mizz 3 - 21 UF
10-3 UGA 3 - 27 UF

7-6 UK 7 - 45 UF
8-5 UGA 10 - 24 UF
@ 8-4 LSU 10- 16 UF
8-5 Iowa 3 - 30 UF

And yes they did lose 4 games each season, and it was always just the offense's fault you claim, right?

So, who did they lose to? Chump, no good on defense teams, right?
@ 9-3 LSU - Last minute trick play TD to win @ LSU
10-3 FSU
@ 10-3 Bowl Mich
@ SEC-C 14-1 Bama
All 4 losses coming to backup QB TH.

@ 7-6 Ark - QB playing injured, gone after this loss.
@ 9-4 Tenn - Backup QB
@ 10-3 FSU - Backup QB
@ SEC-C 14-1 UA

Well one thing is for sure, Brian Kelly's playbook is one of the best and most depth made for the passing game NFL style from a spreadish pro style passing attack in college, he would easily be able to learn what we would want to do with him and Toney this fall in no time, because it would be a lot of spread shotgun, and run based out of gun for them both with Toney being more percy type jet sweep stuff if they wanted to line him up some at the Z, especially since we are gonna be replacing Calloway for a few games it appears...

Where did I claim anything about it always being the offenses fault or that they lost to bad team? You make up strawmen like you make up alien encounters. Let's try to keep track of how we got to this point.

1. I made a comment about the offense being bad
2. You mindlessly mention Iowa as some sort of proof the offense wasn't bad
3. I counter with two years of offensive rankings in the 100's
4. You mention our 8-4 record.

Seems to me you have a hard time following discussion. And no one ever said we didn't play good teams, what happened is you made the ridiculous claim that 114 other teams ran up their numbers in weaker conferences. If you had any self-awareness I'd ask you to evaluate how ridiculous that reasoning is for why our offense was ranked behind theirs, but you're not self-aware at all. So keep on keeping on.

There's zero way to back the offensive numbers for the first two years so far lol... it's been the same exact thing we saw from 2010 on.... all the way around...

Well one thing is for sure, Brian Kelly's playbook is one of the best and most depth made for the passing game....

especially since we are gonna be replacing Calloway for a few games it appears...

The true genius of Jelly-Belly-Kelly at neutered lame in 2016:
5-7 Texas 50 - 47 JBK
3-9 MichSt 36 - 28 JBK
4-8 Dukie 38 - 35 JBK
7-6 NCSt 10 - 3 JBK
JBK / NL went 4-8 in 2016 with his genius offensive/passing play book....
So my gawd, sign his backup QB Zaire up, and then start him fo-sho.... :rolleyes:
-----------

I don't see not having Callaway as all that big of a problem in 2017, like it might have been in 2016, because of the current roster. :cool:

Slot-WR
1) Brandon Powell 5-9 184 Sr
2) Dre Massey 5-9 180 rsJr (back from a 2016 ACL)

WR (were any of them not HS AA's?)

< Antonio Callaway 5-11 197 Jr

Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 196 So
Josh Hammond 6-1 186 So
Freddie Swain 6-0 186 So
-----
5) Rick Wells 6-0 206 rsFr
#11 WR James Robinson 6-4 205 Fr - Lakeland (AA)
#18 WR Daquon Green 6-1 192 Fr - Tampa (AA)

TE DeAndre Goolsby 6-4 244 Sr
TE C'yontai Lewis 6-4 231 rsJr
TE Moral Stephens 6-3 249 rsJr (1,200+ yds HS Sr WR)
TE/WR Kalif Jackson 6-4 217 rsSo (moved from WR)
#3 TE-H Kemore Gamble 6-4 216 Fr-EE - Miami

Plus
RB receiver's out of the backfield:
Mark Thompson 6-2 237 rsSr - (85 yard TD reception in Outback)
Lamical Perine 5-11 221 So
Rec - 9 for 161 yds, 17.9 yds/rec, 1 TD, L 32 yds

Where did I claim anything

If you had any self-awareness I'd ask you to evaluate how ridiculous that reasoning is for why our offense was ranked behind theirs, but you're not self-aware at all. So keep on keeping on.

You have your opinions about what is and why it is, and so do I.
Your own self-awareness is pretty funny to me.
And yes, I'll continue to have my own opinions, just as you will, no matter who asks you whatever....

Jelly Belly Kelly lol.

Mac is a big guy too, so when he's gone or officially out of your good graces, should we expect a similar nickname?

Like Slim Jims Snack-n-Weenies?

Reactions: oozie7
Jelly Belly Kelly lol.

Mac is a big guy too, so when he's gone or officially out of your good graces, should we expect a similar nickname?

Like Slim Jims Snack-n-Weenies?

LOL

There'll for sure be a circle jerk reference or something more homoerotic.

Well one thing is for sure, Brian Kelly's playbook is one of the best and most depth made for the passing game NFL style from a spreadish pro style passing attack in college, he would easily be able to learn what we would want to do with him and Toney this fall in no time, because it would be a lot of spread shotgun, and run based out of gun for them both with Toney being more percy type jet sweep stuff if they wanted to line him up some at the Z, especially since we are gonna be replacing Calloway for a few games it appears...

Yea Kelly's route tree is pretty advanced, for college anyway. They have a lot of option routes and sight adjustments which most schools don't. Usually all that gets called in from the sidelines these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT