ADVERTISEMENT

Another Transfer

djegators

Bull Gator
Dec 6, 2008
Kinda surprised by this one, esp considering he was an early enrollee and this has been a position of need.

Before the entire class has even arrived, it appears Jim McElwain’s first class at Florida will be getting smaller. Sources at Florida have told us that freshman tight end Daniel Imatorbhebhe will be leaving school and looking for a transfer.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgJnh

WTH? So the guy comes in early, competes in spring practice, then transfers? Has that ever happened anywhere? Guy was here for a few months LOL.

WTH? So the guy comes in early, competes in spring practice, then transfers? Has that ever happened anywhere? Guy was here for a few months LOL.

His younger, more talented, brother always coveted a USC offer. Once he got it, he immediately accepted and it's widely expected that Daniel will follow him out to Westwood.

This was a pretty damn good deal for Daniel. He got to practice, live, train, eat, and study at UF for a semester on our tab and now gets to bail and go to his school of choice with 4 years to play. Sure, he will need to redshirt, but he would have had to do that anyways most likely as it will take him a little bit of time to grow into a TE.

Yea that's what it seems like. I found it odd that his brother says Daniel was telling him all these great things about UF but yet he still chose to go elsewhere. No hard feelings, but definitely the weirdest transfer I've ever seen. Looking at it from you're POV just makes it even weirder. It's kinda like we got used to train him up for his next destination.

I read where his parents are moving to the west coast. I am sure that had something to do with it.

We had a couple of OLs a few years back that did something similar. Jordan Prestwood, OL, enrolled in the Spring then transferred to Notre Dame a couple/few years back. He has since gone to a juco and now I think he is at Auburn or maybe UCF? I cannot keep up with his 'decisions'. I believe John Prior, another OL, was also an EE a few years back as well, but he got homesick and left shortly after enrolling. I guess it happens from time to time when reality sets in. It is probably good for the program for this to be 'figured out' so quickly. It enables the program to move on instead of carrying an unhappy scholarship player for multiple years.

any idea who the other players are who discussed a transfer with Coach?

“As of right now, (Mornhinweg) is the one that has come to me and gotten that part of it,” McElwain said. “We still should be pretty solid. I'll know more. There's been a couple of guys who have come in and visited about it. They haven't done anything yet. When that happens, I'll come to it. But nothing earth shattering.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT