ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Baseball & Softball Thread

This has been like an 8 year old baseball game. Hit by pitch, walks, wild pitches, etc. I don’t understand how a division one player can’t throw strikes.

Sully got caught asleep at the switch. Plenty of innings left. Everybody on this board knew this could happen. Inexplicable that sully would let it happen.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
As far as the criticism of cags, the guy hit 32 home runs and went 6-3 in the sec. We’re not here without him. He’s a year off Tommy John surgery and he’s probably the no 1 pick in the draft next year. You dudes need to get a grip.

Reactions: PacoGator19
This has been like an 8 year old baseball game. Hit by pitch, walks, wild pitches, etc. I don’t understand how a division one player can’t throw strikes.

At this point its like, dude.....put me in. Yeah lsu will make contact, but there's a better chance for it result in less runs.

As far as the criticism of cags, the guy hit 32 home runs and went 6-3 in the sec. We’re not here without him. He’s a year off Tommy John surgery and he’s probably the no 1 pick in the draft next year. You dudes need to get a grip.

The point is that you have to keep him on a much tighter leash....ESPECIALLY in this game. That's not unreasonable. That's called being responsible.

Which is why I said its on Sully. You don't put a relief in after giving up three runs and bases loaded against a team like lsu and think it will turn out well.....aka more runs not being scored.

You dont get fooled about yesterday's batting practice game and think it will carry over due to "motivation". The first game was more reflective of our hitting. Don't take leads against lsu for granted......and now it was wasted away when the damage could have been lessened.

Last edited:
Fisher is better, he throws strikes, Cags never knows where it's going

I don't think anyone should be surprised that this could happen. Cags is a great player and very happy he's a Gator. But he's been a wild card at best his last 4 starts except for FAMU game. Sully should've had the pen up much sooner. Let's see if we can hold them and come back.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
I don’t have an issue w starting Cags but you have to have the bullpen warming up the second he hit the lead off batter in one pitch.

Yep, and once Milazzo got walked, essentially 2 1/2 walks to start the inning.....that should have been the limit. Nope. Sully let him hit another batter and walk another.

This is also a baseball problem. They talked about it yesterday. It’s all about how fast you throw. Not hitting spots and working the zone. If you throw 95 in a simulation or at some showcase you are elevated to great. Yet you walk batters and hit batters in actual competition so the speed really does zero.

Reactions: g8rpaul1
Yeah disappointing effort. We’ve done a good job of keeping the game under control even with sketchy pitching, but tonight it just ran away from us.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Who would have thought our starting pitching would be our downfall in the championship series?

Really other than Langford, none of our stars showed up in the CWS, other than game 2. And sully was just very sketchy throughout the tournament. Bottom of the lineup carried us and we had to overcome our starting pitching every game.

Disappointing. Still a great season. But definitely feel like we didn’t play our best game in the final. On the other hand, we were fortunate to win three straight the way we were playing.

Reactions: gatordad3
Look great season. We are national runner up. No shame in finishing 2nd in the country. Candidly we were a flawed team. Our bullpen started the year shaky as hell, so out bats carried us. Then in the CWS our pitching was solid up until the championship series and for some reason it fell apart. So the fact we made it this far is impressive. A credit to Sully. He got the most out of this team. Next year we need to replace some major pieces, so the portal will be important. Need another arm and outfielder.

Look great season. We are national runner up. No shame in finishing 2nd in the country. Candidly we were a flawed team. Our bullpen started the year shaky as hell, so out bats carried us. Then in the CWS our pitching was solid up until the championship series and for some reason it fell apart. So the fact we made it this far is impressive. A credit to Sully. He got the most out of this team. Next year we need to replace some major pieces, so the portal will be important. Need another arm and outfielder.
Need to replace Wyatt and a Sunday starter

Yeah I will never complain about a CWS appearance and definitely not a finals appearance. I agree on one hand that we were lucky to get as far as we did. We didn’t play great early but just made plays. On the other hand, i do think we were the most physically talented team in the country, but there’s more to it than that. As we just saw. I thought sully was really sketchy in the CWS, but you take the bad with the good because he’s obviously one of the top 5 program runners in the sport.

We’ll be loaded again next year and preseason top 5.

Reactions: gatordad3
Disappointing. Still a great season. But definitely feel like we didn’t play our best game in the final. On the other hand, we were fortunate to win three straight the way we were playing.
I know this is a woulda coulda shoulda but if only their LF failed to make that game saving catch in the bottom of the 9th two days ago.

Reactions: KingofHedgehogs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT