ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Basketball Primer

I watched the game tonight and was impressed by the effort. Great comeback win over a talented, well coached Iona team. Defense stepped up at the end. There are only 3 guys off this team I hope are still there next year, though - Reeves, Fleming & Lane. Castleton is great and will be missed. The rest of the guys would be better off elsewhere, IMO.

Reactions: PacoGator19
I watched the game tonight and was impressed by the effort. Great comeback win over a talented, well coached Iona team. Defense stepped up at the end. There are only 3 guys off this team I hope are still there next year, though - Reeves, Fleming & Lane. Castleton is great and will be missed. The rest of the guys would be better off elsewhere, IMO.
I'm not even sure whos eligible to return. Felder, Jit, Reeves, Kennedy and Insta's boy..

I'm not even sure whos eligible to return. Felder, Jit, Reeves, Kennedy and Insta's boy..
Fleming & McKissic are Grad Seniors, so they can't return. Castleton, Jones, Duruji, KJ and Appleby are Seniors who, I think, can come back if they choose. The rest of the team are all underclassmen. Castleton will almost assuredly go to the NBA, KJ participated in senior day and it's been posted and stated numerous places that his career at UF is over. Jones, Duruji & Appleby have decisions to make, along with the rest of the team. Like The Clash song, "Should I stay or should I go!"

Fleming & McKissic are Grad Seniors, so they can't return. Castleton, Jones, Duruji, KJ and Appleby are Seniors who, I think, can come back if they choose. The rest of the team are all underclassmen. Castleton will almost assuredly go to the NBA, KJ participated in senior day and it's been posted and stated numerous places that his career at UF is over. Jones, Duruji & Appleby have decisions to make, along with the rest of the team. Like The Clash song, "Should I stay or should I go!"
Even without a coaching change we would have transfers. Now with a change we will have 3-4 most likely...

UF Basketball Women ousted by UCF 69-52 in the first round of the NCAA tournament Saturday. The Gators were playing without 2 key starters - Kiki Smith & Jordyn Merritt - and were just outmanned by a better team. UCF is now 26-3 and won their first post season game in school history. Hopefully, the new coach can build on this year's team, bring in more quality players and get this program consistently competitive in the SEC. Congrats on a surprisingly good year!!

Reactions: gatordad3
The mighty SEC just got upset again in the NCAA tourney, as 3 seed Tennessee loses to 18-14, 11 seed Michigan. Only Auburn & Arkansas are left from this stronger then ever league.

Nate Oats may not last long in Bama. Personally I don't know if I want him as a coach. Wasn't too long ago I actually gushed over what he did at Bama last season.
The quote below is just a small sample.

Nate Oats even provided candid responses earlier this season about how his staff struggled to motivate his Alabama team. That inability eventually caught up to Alabama as the Crimson Tide lost its final four games and failed to win in March.

To make matters worse, two of the losses came against non-NCAA Tournament teams in the SEC. Alabama has not beaten an NCAA Tournament opponent since Feb. 12 against Arkansas and currently sits at 9-11 since the calendar turned to 2022.

Regular Season Rick strikes again. Wasn’t upset to see them go down. With that being said the SEC was overrated which makes UFs season look even worse than it already was.

Reactions: gatordad3
Regular Season Rick strikes again. Wasn’t upset to see them go down. With that being said the SEC was overrated which makes UFs season look even worse than it already was.
Agree - Arkansas is being given all they can handle by #12 seed New Mexico State.

Agree - Arkansas is being given all they can handle by #12 seed New Mexico State.
Guys, this ain’t your granddaddy’s NCAA tournament anymore. You damn well better be prepared. If don’t take your first round matchup seriously your a$$ is headed home.

Officially put a bow on the Mike White era. Not much energy today, probably just ran out of gas with the emotional roller coaster week. Golden has his work cut out for him as the program is in a downward trajectory. Let's see how he does in the portal.

They made a nice comeback to go into halftime tied 33-33. But the 2nd half was a disaster. Outscored 39-23. 33% shooting from the field, 20% shooting 3's, 11 assists & 15 turnovers. Now it's wait and see what all these guys decide to do. Maybe our new coach will sit down with each player, plug them into his analytics machine and see which ones fit his system. The summer and fall should be very interesting for the basketball program.

That was one ugly basketball game. NMSU had almost as many turnovers as points at halftime, and still came back to take the lead in the 2nd half. Arky was lucky to hold on.

The SEC had poor results. Didn't realize Miami was playing good enough this season to even get a spot. I wonder if Gonzaga finally wins it.

Now we need to dump all of the assistant coaches that MW hired because they were/are proven incompetents.

So, who does Todd hire to replace those incompetent chumps?

Why wouldn't Mike White take most of his staff with him?
And how many on his last UF roster, and the recruits???

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The first major blow to the Florida basketball program has landed, with five-star power forward Malik Reneau backing off his commitment to Florida.

And how many on his last UF roster, and the recruits???

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The first major blow to the Florida basketball program has landed, with five-star power forward Malik Reneau backing off his commitment to Florida.

Yep - Read that a while ago. White certainly is going to do what's best for his new school and will try to to take as many of 'his" guys with him as he can. Just like he should do.

Reactions: instaGATOR
It's time to let this thread die-out, and move on.

Someone can begin a new thread to feature the FNG....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT