ADVERTISEMENT

Y’all be safe!

All you guys on here who actually live in Florida please be safe and make storm preps if you’re in the path/cone.
Things seem more complicated than when yours truly was growing up and Mom just filled up the tub 😛
We are out of the cone, thank God. I used to LOVE when hurricane came my way as a kid...now having a home on the water with a huge dock and 2 boats...HELL NO. I have lived on the water for 6 decades, and have been through so many of these things. Direct, or almost direct hits are HORRIBLE. Being without power for days is the worst. I have a generator and 2 window unit AC's...not enough in this super hot weather.

We are out of the cone, thank God. I used to LOVE when hurricane came my way as a kid...now having a home on the water with a huge dock and 2 boats...HELL NO. I have lived on the water for 6 decades, and have been through so many of these things. Direct, or almost direct hits are HORRIBLE. Being without power for days is the worst. I have a generator and 2 window unit AC's...not enough in this super hot weather.

Do you live in the panhandle ?

Things seem more complicated than when yours truly was growing up and Mom just filled up the tub 😛

Ain't that the truth.

When I was in high school, we got pelted with hail during football practice as the edge of a hurricane passed over us. The coaches were kind enough not to yell at us while we took a few moments to watch in awe and then practice was back on...with hail ice all over the field.

Yep, in hindsight, that was pretty stupid.

As of right now in the eye of the tiger. Moved boats to higher ground today. Probably bugging out inland sometime tomorrow. Amazing how "science" can tell us we're doomed to global warming but can't predict a forecast two days out. :rolleyes: 😂

I figured you were...and that area is really susceptible to storm surge, no?

Good luck man and be safe.

Soft as charmin. Be a man and learn to rough it.

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
We'll be fine. This isn't Gay Bay where you couldn't hack it. We know how to handle adversity.
200w.gif

All you guys on here who actually live in Florida please be safe and make storm preps if you’re in the path/cone.
I was living in Homestead when Andrew came through. Never again. The first hurricane I recall was Camille in 68 where we lost our Summer beach home in Gulf Shores Alabama.

We'll be fine. This isn't Gay Bay where you couldn't hack it. We know how to handle adversity.
200w.gif
You people sure do bitch a lot about a ****ing thunderstorm. Grow a set. First it was the shutdown over a sore throat now it’s the panic over a rain shower. Pathetic

You people sure do bitch a lot about a ****ing thunderstorm. Grow a set. First it was the shutdown over a sore throat now it’s the panic over a rain shower. Pathetic
You, with your second-grade level sentence structure sure do bring a bunch of useless stuff here, son. I am pretty sure there is not one SINGLE person that reads your posts for advice on how to get on with life. Start acting the way one should that writes on a second-grade level, and who's main source of income comes from Uncle Sugar..paid for by the people right here on this board.

LOLOL Comic GOLD!! A little lib sissy gubment entitlement professional saying this garbage. I love to banter...but this is not a great subject for me. We have people we enjoy going back and forth with right here that are going to REALLY suffer from this. I find it not a subject to joke about. But the kind of person you are...I get it. btw...I have not actually counted...but am pretty sure I have been through about 25 of these things since I lived in Florida. Have actually chased a few and went through their eye. (not a major hurricane...Cat ones) Had to deal with a 40 ft boat for 20 years during these. I just do not find anything funny about a hurricane.

I was living in Homestead when Andrew came through. Never again. The first hurricane I recall was Camille in 68 where we lost our Summer beach home in Gulf Shores Alabama.
Homestead AFB is where I learned cars rust. Almost every time I stopped to gas my 1956 southwest Oklahoma Plymouth Belvidere 2-door hardtop, someone offered to buy it.

You, with your second-grade level sentence structure sure do bring a bunch of useless stuff here, son. I am pretty sure there is not one SINGLE person that reads your posts for advice on how to get on with life. Start acting the way one should that writes on a second-grade level, and who's main source of income comes from Uncle Sugar..paid for by the people right here on this board.
You’re still a little sissy. Toughen up

LOLOL Comic GOLD!! A little lib sissy gubment entitlement professional saying this garbage. I love to banter...but this is not a great subject for me. We have people we enjoy going back and forth with right here that are going to REALLY suffer from this. I find it not a subject to joke about. But the kind of person you are...I get it. btw...I have not actually counted...but am pretty sure I have been through about 25 of these things since I lived in Florida. Have actually chased a few and went through their eye. (not a major hurricane...Cat ones) Had to deal with a 40 ft boat for 20 years during these. I just do not find anything funny about a hurricane.
If they don’t live in a trailer they will be fine good lord you people love drama

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT