ADVERTISEMENT

Will the stadium be half empty?

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
Really curious about it. We know that Michigan fans will dwarf us...and we know that we do not travel well out of region...and given our reasonably low expectations, sadgator really wonders how many fans will show up for this.

ISO, we are just not a good pick for a non-regional OOC match-up game of this type. We'll do much better in the Citrus Bowl against Miami in 2019.

That said, the tv ratings are always high for
Florida, so we got that goin' for us. As long as we aren't getting blown out, those numbers should be good.

Good bit of Gator fans in Texas.

With it being a holiday weekend I think it will be better than most bowl games that are during the week on a work night.

I think the standard capacity there is about 80k when it isn't set up for a big rivalry game or playoff game so it should be filled up about to that capacity I would think. Michigan fans will probably outnumber Gator fans a little bit however.

yes....that stadium is an albatross by NFL standards. 100,000 seats? There are few if any college teams having to travel more than 500 miles that would fill that stadium.

Agreed. It's a silly assumption that we'll be outnumbered, let alone by a large margin.

Well Michigan does have one of the largest fan bases in the country, and they're spread all over maybe a little bit more than UF would be.

The first game of the season in a venue we never play in, in a big opening game we haven't had in my lifetime.. with a long time to prepare tickets and travel, we should have fans on both ends turn out like a championship game...

I think the stadium was nowhere near full when FSU played OK State in the same stadium. I know UM has a huge fanbase, but I wouldn´t be surprised if the attendance wasn´t great. Florida schools don´t seem to travel well, in general.

Some Gator fans are claiming they see more Gator fans around Dallas than Michigan fans today. Hopefully we outnumber them in that stadium tomorrow.

Some Gator fans are claiming they see more Gator fans around Dallas than Michigan fans today. Hopefully we outnumber them in that stadium tomorrow.

Why are people shocked by this?

Dallas is a huge Gator market. Tons of alumni.

Negativity gets in the way though I guess

if we are playing a big game, our fans come as well as anyone.. not a shit tier bowl game

Anyone arguing with you hasn't been to a neutral site UF game outside of Jacksonville. It will be 2-1 Michigan fans for sure.
Based on what is being said that doesn't appear to be the case at all. I guess we will see tomorrow.

I think the standard capacity there is about 80k when it isn't set up for a big rivalry game or playoff game so it should be filled up about to that capacity I would think. Michigan fans will probably outnumber Gator fans a little bit however.
I would say 70% mich 30% Gators. Michigan fans have nothing else to do....its michigan

Ww
I am thinking its going to be around 50/50 now after hearing what people there are saying.

That would be surprising. It was about 70 30 in our bowl game with them. Maybe 60 40 but seemed more 70 30 to me. I was assuming it woukd be the same for u guys. If its 50 50 thats impressive for you guys

Ww

That would be surprising. It was about 70 30 in our bowl game with them. Maybe 60 40 but seemed more 70 30 to me. I was assuming it woukd be the same for u guys. If its 50 50 thats impressive for you guys

Bowl games are a bad one to judge because in January, a trip to a bowl city makes a good vacation for us stuck up here in Michigan winter. That said, Michigan has a huge national following and will travel anywhere for their boy Jimmy. But I think it was Danny who said we have a huge group in Dallas, so hopefully we can even it out.

Bowl games are a bad one to judge because in January, a trip to a bowl city makes a good vacation for us stuck up here in Michigan winter. That said, Michigan has a huge national following and will travel anywhere for their boy Jimmy. But I think it was Danny who said we have a huge group in Dallas, so hopefully we can even it out.

By "we" u mean u and the other michigan fans?

Yep. The data is a little older but last I checked, Dallas has the second largest Gator alumni population outside of the state of Florida (ATL being number one).

My dad is part of the Gator Club there in Plano I think and they're expecting a large Gator presence.

Yep. The data is a little older but last I checked, Dallas has the second largest Gator alumni population outside of the state of Florida (ATL being number one).

My dad is part of the Gator Club there in Plano I think and they're expecting a large Gator presence.

Well by the sounds of it we are going to have a large crowd, which is awesome

Massachusetts prisons have a smaller Gator presence as of recently.

Really curious about it. We know that Michigan fans will dwarf us...and we know that we do not travel well out of region...and given our reasonably low expectations, sadgator really wonders how many fans will show up for this.

ISO, we are just not a good pick for a non-regional OOC match-up game of this type. We'll do much better in the Citrus Bowl against Miami in 2019.

Florida, so we got that goin' for us. As long as we aren't getting blown out, those numbers should be good.

For our first home game?

It was full.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT