ADVERTISEMENT

Why The future of Florida Football is bright starting in 2024

Latsko

Gator Great
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2004
In taking a look at the 2023 2 deep depth chart which I have posted below, There are 3 players in that depth chart that will definitely not be on the roster in 2024.

Those 3 players are
Pearsall
Teradja Mitchell
Lyntrell Hudson

There are 5 potential players in the two deep that could go pro. Those players are:
Montrell Johnson
Jason Marshall
Princely
CamRon Jackson
Mazzcuaa

So a max of 8 players in the 2 deep imo will go pro. There might be a few players who transfer but I suspect they would get replaced by either incoming transfers or younger players with more talent.

2 deep in 2023 imo

Qb: mertz, miller
Rb: Johnson, etienne
Wr: Douglas, kahleil jackson/fraziars
Wr: Burke, jean
Wr: pearsall, Wilson( love his hs film)
Te: Boardingham, Hanson/odom/lang
LT: barber, goodwin
Lg: Harris, mazzccua (starts if healthy)
C: eguakun, slaughter/kearney
Rg: leonard, farmer
Rt: Hudson, George

SDE: boone/sapp
DT: Camron Jackson, watson
Dt: banks/McClellan
Edge: princely, Pyburn/Searcy
LB: James, wingo/nunnery
Lb: williams, Mitchell
Nickel: Perkins, hill
DB: Marshall,jackson
Db: Moore, kimber/Dijon johnson
S: Mitchell, castell
S: moten, Wilson

2024 will have a ton of players in the 2 deep back in addition to more talent being brought in in the 2024 class and the winter transfer portal.

That’s a ton of experience coming back and will be the third year under Napier. I could see this team being good enough to make the 12 team playoff. If that happens, recruiting will get better under Napier. I suspect the 22 roster and 23 roster will be the 2 worst rosters under Napier. If we are patient, there are bright skies ahead imo. Talent will not hold this program back under Napier. If anything it will be offensive philosophy but I think that side of the ball has a bright future with Lagway as qb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News