ADVERTISEMENT

Why Become a Gator:Trey Dean Article

PlutoDroid

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 16, 2015
I just hope he's better in college than he was in high school

Yeah, because he was obviously not very good in HS, and that's why he's in Orlando right now and will be playing in the UA-AA game on Tues... :rolleyes:

#21 FS (CB) Trey Dean 6-3 184 4.5/40 ****
Hampton, GA
Originally a Tenn commit, then de-committed with the coaching change.
His New 'Interested List' included: TN--UGA-UA-SCa-UCLA-Ore-TX
UF entered late, after Mullen arrived. UA-AA, 3.7 GPA
In the end, he'd narrowed it down to UA and UF.

Cousin - SS Ahmad Black - UF/NFL - talked, but no pressure applied
Cousin - WR Amari Cooper - UA/NFL - talked, pressured to go Bama
Signed with UF on Early Signing Day and will Early Enroll Jan 8th.

~ Trey has been doing quite well at (CB) UA-AA practices against the other UA-AA's. He will be yet another UF DB that can play anywhere in the secondary, FS/CB/Nic/Dime.
“Would I have landed at Florida without Coach Mullen? No sir.” -- Dean

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4236557/trey-dean
==============

Another de-commit CB is also a possibility for Mullen.
#4 CB Olaijah Griffen 6-0 179 **** Mission Viejo, CA - UA-AA
He de-committed from UCLA/cow-Chip Kelly.
Interest List: TN-UA-UF with a few others still in consideration.
He got a UF offer and Trey is workin' him at the UA-AA practices... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
He looks the part. But he didn't play like an SEC type player. He looked better at wr than he did db. Maybe we are gonna pla him at safety. Wasn't real impressed with him at corner

Florida DB signee Trey Dean was the top performer Monday among the future Gators. He has been the most physical cornerback in Orlando this week and his cover skills are elite. Dean had an interception and was aggressive in the secondary all day. He drove 5-star wide receiver Devon Williams out of bounds on one play and also got into a scuffle with top-100 WR Jalen Preston (see below). “They told me he was too big and strong, so I had to find out,” Dean said of the fight. “It’s a dog-eat-dog mentality and the bigger dog is going to win. That’s what I came here for.” :cool:
======================

Dean wasn’t the only cornerback who impressed Monday. Top-50 overall recruit Olaijah Griffin also had a stellar performance, finishing with an interception and a few pass breakups. He received an offer from the Gators on Sunday night and said he will officially visit Florida on Feb. 2. Griffin spoke with new UF defensive backs coach Charlton Warren and said he was “shocked” by the offer. The former UCLA commit is from Mission Viejo, Calif., and has Southern California in his top 5. However, Griffin said proximity to home doesn’t matter to him and he’s willing to leave the West Coast for an SEC school. Tennessee currently leads for him and Auburn is also one of his finalists. “After going to Tennessee and seeing what it’s like out there, I was like, ‘Man, SEC is way different than California.’ I was feeling it.” (both Choke-la-homo and Clemp's-son found that out yesterday) :D
======================

There has been early recruiting success in Georgia for UF coach Dan Mullen and his staff. Alabama linebacker commit Quay Walker, a good friend of UF QB commit Jones is considering a potential flip to the Gators. Walker is rated the No. 3 OLB in the Class of 2018 and the No. 65 prospect overall, according to the 247Sports composite. (iG crosses his fingers) :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: PlutoDroid
Don't know much about this kid other than his cousin Black played for Florida in 2008 I believe. Big believer in Mullen as a coach though.

He looked pretty good at the UA game.I didn't know what number he was but after I watched just a few plays I saw a guy blow up a reciever cleanly and I was like this guy has intensity for a exhibition game. Found out it was Dean and was even more impressed.

He looked pretty good at the UA game.I didn't know what number he was but after I watched just a few plays I saw a guy blow up a reciever cleanly and I was like this guy has intensity for a exhibition game. Found out it was Dean and was even more impressed.
Very physical and not afraid to mix it up. Think he will be a very good safety.

He might be a FS at the NFL level, but I'm seeing him as a CB for the Gators.
His man-2-man close cover skills, along with his height and speed, are just to good to be wasted as a safety, unless that's where the team needs him to play. He can go 1-on-1 against the opponents 6-4 and taller WR's with ease.

With his size, speed, and skill set, Trey can play anywhere in the secondary that the coaches need him to play. Put 20-30 more pounds on him and he could probably also play OLB. He's a very talented and aggressive player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT