ADVERTISEMENT

What's everyone doing the night of Monday, Jan. 8 when UGA and FSU play for title?

Yep, you are correct it was 50 yards. Stats were misleading as the dawgs had a big 4th quarter rally to get the 1 point win. Ohio State was even with dawgs last year and game could have gone either way. Last year dawg team was better than this year, and yes your the schedule has been charmin soft so stats are meaningless at this juncture. Bama will give you your first real test as they can match you along the lines. But first time that the sec hasn't been the dominant conference in a few years.
Bama will be our first real test? Which Bama? Bama vs Arky or TN? Tell me what you think of Mizzou after Saturday. Mizzou will end up a top 8 team this year. That team can play with anyone. Ole Miss was 9 in CFP when we handled them.

Stats were misleading against OSU? So don't count all the stats of the whole game? There's nothing misleading. OSU rarely stopped us. We punted twice (both in 3rd qtr). OSU punted 5 times. We threw a pick that set up 1 of their tds in the first half. We earned everything we got and it was enough.

Also, we don't have to be as good as last year, although statistically we're better offensively. We don't have to beat 2022 UGA. We just have to beat 2023 teams, and I wouldn't trade teams/circumstances with any of them...

What conference is dominant this year? I'd say there's not one. If you do a deep dive into Big 10 offenses, you may agree. They're in for a rude awakening when they play in the CFP imo.

Bama will be our first real test? Which Bama? Bama vs Arky or TN? Tell me what you think of Mizzou after Saturday. Mizzou will end up a top 8 team this year. That team can play with anyone. Ole Miss was 9 in CFP when we handled them.

Stats were misleading against OSU? So don't count all the stats of the whole game? There's nothing misleading. OSU rarely stopped us. We punted twice (both in 3rd qtr). OSU punted 5 times. We threw a pick that set up 1 of their tds in the first half. We earned everything we got and it was enough.

Also, we don't have to be as good as last year, although statistically we're better offensively. We don't have to beat 2022 UGA. We just have to beat 2023 teams, and I wouldn't trade teams/circumstances with any of them...

What conference is dominant this year? I'd say there's not one. If you do a deep dive into Big 10 offenses, you may agree. They're in for a rude awakening when they play in the CFP imo.
My point exactly, when Missouri and ole miss are your measuring sticks then it's clearly a down year. Goodness. And yes, you needed a 4th quarter rally to beat ohio state last year and also had to rely on them to miss a game winning field goal The game could have gone either way and to suggest otherwise is silly. As to this year, give me one signature win by any team in the conference. Just one.

My point exactly, when Missouri and ole miss are your measuring sticks then it's clearly a down year. Goodness. And yes, you needed a 4th quarter rally to beat ohio state last year and also had to rely on them to miss a game winning field goal The game could have gone either way and to suggest otherwise is silly. As to this year, give me one signature win by any team in the conference. Just one.
I didn't suggest the Peach Bowl couldn't have gone either way. I just said we actually had more offense than they did... and missed 2 fgs. We gave them several chances and we left more points on the field than they did.

Only 3 teams have a better win than our win against #9 Mizzou (currently) and we're the only team with 2 wins against top 13 teams. We're not exactly untested.

We can't help it if Bama and LSU crapped the bed against the Big 12 and ACC. Like I said, there doesn't seem to be a dominant conference, although the SEC does have 3 of the top 9 teams in the CFP and 6 of the top 18... better than any other conference at the moment. Lots of football yet to be played. We'll see how the SEC does in the end.

Reactions: gatordad3
I didn't suggest the Peach Bowl couldn't have gone either way. I just said we actually had more offense than they did... and missed 2 fgs. We gave them several chances and we left more points on the field than they did.

Only 3 teams have a better win than our win against #9 Mizzou (currently) and we're the only team with 2 wins against top 13 teams. We're not exactly untested.

We can't help it if Bama and LSU crapped the bed against the Big 12 and ACC. Like I said, there doesn't seem to be a dominant conference, although the SEC does have 3 of the top 9 teams in the CFP and 6 of the top 18... better than any other conference at the moment. Lots of football yet to be played. We'll see how the SEC does in the end.
In my very humble opinion, the SEC is down this year. The ACC handled us, and candidly the ACC is not very good. I think Washington, Oregon and Michigan are very good. Texas, Ohio State and FSU are the next 3 (not counting the SEC). I know that we aren't playing 2023 vs 2022, but last years dawg team would beat this years by 14+ points. And I agree, bama has not been impressive. Their 2nd half against the vols and their game with lsu after Daniels went down the best they've played. Texas rolled into tuscaloosa and handled them. However, they are the 2nd best team in the conference. Which is another reason I think the conference is down.

You will get Bama's best shot. If that QB doesn't turn the ball over and makes a few big runs I think that game will go down to the wire.

Reactions: LordofallSocks
It would be the first time in history I wanted Georgia to win a football game probably. Too many FSU fans around my area to have to hear about them winning.

This is worst case scenario for me, I'd want us to lose normally in the title game because I can't stand when we win and I have to listen to fsu fans but at the same time uga is probably the team that I hate more than our fans...lose lose for me

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Gator Fever
11 and 2 are my favorite seasons, keeps the crazies away but also get some satisfaction out of winning. Have you ever been around fsu fans when we won it all?? Unbearable.
Yes. I live in southern Alabama a few miles from the panhandle. Lots of Seminoles have infested the area (no offense).

Reactions: fsu939913

With the 29 game winning streak, I'm surprised it didn't matter if the Dwags lost to Bama.

Oh, and it would be nice to see your sorry Dwag ass around here more often. Mainly in The Parking Lot. Same thing goes for @fsu939913.

since the football gods hate us so much, you know this is happening, right
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

They play but, no title but, they do get a participation trophy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT