ADVERTISEMENT

What's everyone doing the night of Monday, Jan. 8 when UGA and FSU play for title?

200w.gif

Dear Lawd I don't want that match-up. They'd run us out of the stadium. I like how we match up (over-all) with OSU, but Marvin Harrison scares the crap out of me. It'd be a who had the better night, Keon or Marvin, type night.

I don’t see FSU making it. I got Michigan, Oregon, OSU and Washington beating them. Bama too if they find a way in
If FSU goes undefeated and UGA beats Bama, it will be:

#1 - Georgia
#2 - OSU/Mich
#3 - FSU (IF UL is #10 in the ACCCG)*
#4 - Washington*

*Swap FSU and Wash if UL craps the bed vs scUM and/or Kentucky.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if FSU lost to UF or UL, they shouldn't, but it wouldn't shock me. Regardless, the CFP Committee will have FSU at #5 this week.

#1 - Georgia
#2 - OSU/Mich
#4 - Washington*

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if FSU lost to UF or UL, they shouldn't, but it wouldn't shock me. Regardless, the CFP Committee will have FSU at #5 this week.

FSU is a 100% lock undefeated even if Louisville lost a game before then. They wont let a 1 loss team in over an undefeated power 5 conference champion. I do think FSU will be out if they stumble and lose anywhere though.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
FSU is a 100% lock undefeated even if Louisville lost a game before then. They wont let a 1 loss team in over an undefeated power 5 conference champion. I do think FSU will be out if they stumble and lose anywhere though.
We're a very good and mature team, however, we are not elite. So that leaves me with the question, where do I want to be embarrassed? Regular season? Conference Championship game? Or the playoffs?

I'd rather be embarrassed in those situations than the way we were embarrassed under Willie Taggart any day, though.

We're a very good and mature team, however, we are not elite. So that leaves me with the question, where do I want to be embarrassed? Regular season? Conference Championship game? Or the playoffs?

I'd rather be embarrassed in those situations than the way we were embarrassed under Willie Taggart any day, though.

I actually think FSU could compete with most teams out there. This isn't the Georgia team of the last 2 years on defense and Bama's QB can struggle at times.

I actually think FSU could compete with most teams out there. This isn't the Georgia team of the last 2 years on defense and Bama's QB can struggle at times.
We play in very weird spurts. Just look at the Miami second half. Our defense completely dominated, but if you didn't watch the game you think it's close because of that really weird fluke touchdown pass. But then you look at us in the second quarter of that same game and we looked like Wake Forest.

Reactions: Gator Fever

#1 - Georgia
#2 - OSU/Mich
#4 - Washington*

Noles are a lock if they go unbeaten. If a 1 loss SEC team went in ahead of an unbeaten power 5 team then CFB needs to be shut down immediately. Nobody paying much attention to the teams on the west coast, but they are actually very good.

Noles are a lock if they go unbeaten. If a 1 loss SEC team went in ahead of an unbeaten power 5 team then CFB needs to be shut down immediately. Nobody paying much attention to the teams on the west coast, but they are actually very good.

If Bama beats GA and FSU loses a game with TX winning out its going to get very messy.

If Bama beats GA and FSU loses a game with TX winning out its going to get very messy.
Not saying I agree with this, but a 1 loss fsu team would get left out of the playoffs. If Texas wins out they would be the first 1 loss team to be considered. Their win at Tuscaloosa would be the difference.

Not saying I agree with this, but a 1 loss fsu team would get left out of the playoffs. If Texas wins out they would be the first 1 loss team to be considered. Their win at Tuscaloosa would be the difference.
Correct. We would have to lose to:

Northern Alabama = kicked out of college football
UF = not a good team (sorry...not trying to be inflammatory)
UL = not a conference champion if we lose

If we were going to have a loss, it needed to be a long time ago. We must run the table to get in. I certainly don't like playing UF when all they have left is to SCREW FSU!

Undefeated teams are a lock but imagine only the OSU/Michigan winner is undefeated and FSU. A 1 loss Bama beating undefeated GA in the SECCG is the only 100% 1 loss lock imo. 1 spot left out of a 1 loss Oregon that just beat an undefeated WA in a rematch, TX who beat Bama on the road but now has a weaker Big 12 resume, defending champ Georgia with just a close loss to Bama in the SECCG. Hard to think Oregon wouldn't be above TX but there would be a big uproar TX was left out.

Undefeated teams are a lock but imagine only the OSU/Michigan winner is undefeated and FSU. A 1 loss Bama beating undefeated GA in the SECCG is the only 100% 1 loss lock imo. 1 spot left out of a 1 loss Oregon that just beat an undefeated WA in a rematch, TX who beat Bama on the road but now has a weaker Big 12 resume, defending champ Georgia with just a close loss to Bama in the SECCG. Hard to think Oregon wouldn't be above TX but there would be a big uproar TX was left out.
SEC is down this year, but most folks are choosing to ignore it and think it's just dominance as usual. The conference doesn't really have a signature out of conference win. But we do have some losses. However, most likely scenario is only 2 unbeatens by seasons end, OSU/MICH and fsu. Nolies will be big double digit favorites in all remaining games.

SEC is down this year…
It’s funny how people keep saying this, and yet, every time UGA is challenged, they put the hammer down and destroy the team they are playing…

sadgator thinks they are a lock for 3 straight…

Then we can debate whether the odds favor them winning 4 straight or Florida having another losing season….

It’s funny how people keep saying this, and yet, every time UGA is challenged, they put the hammer down and destroy the team they are playing…

sadgator thinks they are a lock for 3 straight…

Then we can debate whether the odds favor them winning 4 straight or Florida having another losing season….
People forget that Ohio State was one missed 42 yard fg away from beating them last year. Dawgs not as good this year as last, their schedule was powder puff with the only real chance of a loss at UT....and we know how good the vols are. They will cruise into the playoff undefeated but will then be challenged.

People forget that Ohio State was one missed 42 yard fg away from beating them last year. Dawgs not as good this year as last, their schedule was powder puff with the only real chance of a loss at UT....and we know how good the vols are. They will cruise into the playoff undefeated but will then be challenged.
The question I have is how good is the SEC really? Are their 3-loss teams really better than the ACC 3-loss teams? So far the SEC is 1-4 vs the ACC with the only "good" match-ups being Miami/TAMU and FSU/LSU. ...no one cares about Wake and Vandy.

We still have:

UL vs Kentucky
FSU vs UF
Clemon vs USCjr
UGA vs GT

After those match-ups, my expectation is that ACC vs SEC will be 2-7.

The question I have is how good is the SEC really? Are their 3-loss teams really better than the ACC 3-loss teams? So far the SEC is 1-4 vs the ACC with the only "good" match-ups being Miami/TAMU and FSU/LSU. ...no one cares about Wake and Vandy.

We still have:

UL vs Kentucky
FSU vs UF
Clemon vs USCjr
UGA vs GT

Like I've said, I think the SEC is down this year. The conference has been dominant for the better part of 10 years and this year would be IMHO the weakest in the last 10. Bama got handled at home by Texas, FSU beat LSU on a neutral field, Miami beat AM, byu rolled into arky and won, utah beat Florida...Our best out of conference wins are Tenn over UVA, Ole Piss over GaTech and Auburn over California.

Like I've said, I think the SEC is down this year. The conference has been dominant for the better part of 10 years and this year would be IMHO the weakest in the last 10. Bama got handled at home by Texas, FSU beat LSU on a neutral field, Miami beat AM, byu rolled into arky and won, utah beat Florida...Our best out of conference wins are Tenn over UVA, Ole Piss over GaTech and Auburn over California.
And UVA is hot garbage and GT can only get up for big games--weird.

We still have:

UL vs Kentucky
FSU vs UF
Clemon vs USCjr
UGA vs GT

You’re gonna go 3-1 in those games

If f$u loses a game they should be given no consideration whatsoever. They basically played a MAC level of competition and their only marquee win was over a team that will finish with at least 4 losses and inexplicably played their worst two games of the last two years against them. If we had beaten lsu last week we would have a better resume than they did. They shouldn’t be given consideration even if they go undefeated. They should be given the same consideration Tulane or UCF gets when they go undefeated, since the resumes are essentially the same. And having watched them, there are 10 teams that could beat them on an average day. They’ve avoided losses to bad teams who missed FGs or XPs. They are the worst top 4 team that has ever existed. And I think it should be noted that they ONLY have success when everyone else sucks. They’ve only been given their tainted titles when all of college football is down, which makes sense, since cream rises and sh*t floats, and they’re floating to the top of the bowl. They would get rolled up by at least 7 teams in the top 10 and LSU would roll them if they got a shot. On their best day they’re a 3-4 loss team in a real conference. They have never been worthy and are even less so now.

If f$u loses a game they should be given no consideration whatsoever. They basically played a MAC level of competition and their only marquee win was over a team that will finish with at least 4 losses and inexplicably played their worst two games of the last two years against them. If we had beaten lsu last week we would have a better resume than they did. They shouldn’t be given consideration even if they go undefeated. They should be given the same consideration Tulane or UCF gets when they go undefeated, since the resumes are essentially the same. And having watched them, there are 10 teams that could beat them on an average day. They’ve avoided losses to bad teams who missed FGs or XPs. They are the worst top 4 team that has ever existed. And I think it should be noted that they ONLY have success when everyone else sucks. They’ve only been given their tainted titles when all of college football is down, which makes sense, since cream rises and sh*t floats, and they’re floating to the top of the bowl. They would get rolled up by at least 7 teams in the top 10 and LSU would roll them if they got a shot. On their best day they’re a 3-4 loss team in a real conference. They have never been worthy and are even less so now.
Korean Drama Crying GIF by Netflix K-Content

They are the worst top 4 team that has ever existed.
^ Forgets TCU
And I think it should be noted that they ONLY have success when everyone else sucks. They’ve only been given their tainted titles when all of college football is down.
A. You're an idiot.
B.

Also, you're still an idiot.

C. 1993 - FSU SOS

Nebraska - Ranked #1
*ND - Ranked #2
UF - Ranked #5
scUM - Ranked #15
UNC - Ranked #19
Clemson - Ranked #23

D-Y. Do you're own research.

Z.
Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

Reactions: goldmom
How many teeth do you have?

Yep if someone like OSU or WA gets that chance this year they need to make it happen.

OSU missed a 50 yd fg, not 42, and their kicker had never made a 50 yd fg in his career. Also, the Dawgs missed 2 fgs that game. Dawgs also outgained OSU in both rushing and passing despite having 1 turnover.

As far as this year goes, we're healthier now than we've been all season, and we're 5th in the country in total offense and 9th in total defense. We're also 2nd in the country in Net Yards per Play (NPP).

I'm loving where we are at the moment and the direction this team is headed. We just need to stay healthy and avoid committing turnovers and we'll be hard to beat. Of course it's easier said than done.

Last edited:
Reactions: GwinnettDawg
OSU missed a 50 yd fg, not 42, and their kicker had never made a 50 yd fg in his career. Also, the Dawgs missed 2 fgs that game. Dawgs also outgained OSU in both rushing and passing despite having 1 turnover.

As far as this year goes, we're healthier now than we've been all season, and we're 5th in the country in total offense and 9th in total defense. We're also 2nd in the country in Net Yards per Play (NPP).

I'm loving where we are at the moment and the direction this team is headed. We just need to stay healthy and avoid committing turnovers and we'll be hard to beat. Of course it's easier said than done.
Yep, you are correct it was 50 yards. Stats were misleading as the dawgs had a big 4th quarter rally to get the 1 point win. Ohio State was even with dawgs last year and game could have gone either way. Last year dawg team was better than this year, and yes your the schedule has been charmin soft so stats are meaningless at this juncture. Bama will give you your first real test as they can match you along the lines. But first time that the sec hasn't been the dominant conference in a few years.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT