ADVERTISEMENT

What would you do if you had no health insurance as of 1/1/14

passoverGator

Bull Gator
Sep 26, 2002
A. Enroll in obamacare.
B. Nothing and go without insurance and pay the fine of 1% of your salary.
C. Buy your own non-group plan.

Originally posted by Ghost of Spaceheater:
Don't get an Ocare policy unless you want all your personal info in the hands of the federal government.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
More importantly, keep it out of the hands of the conviceted felons working the exchanges.

Originally posted by passoverGator:
A. Enroll in obamacare.

I lost my insurance so I had these choices. My decision was based on the following:

B. The cheapest option but really dumb. Do you really want to be sitting in waiting rooms with the other noninsured? Also what happens in the event of a serios injury?
C. The best option if you are young and/or have no preexisting conditions. You may have to have a physical and will certainly have to answer a lot of questions about your medical history.
A. I agree you should avoid it if at all possible but it was the best choice for me because of preexisting conditions. They are only allowed to ask your age, income and zip code. No prior medical history is provided.
This post was edited on 12/26 1:43 PM by badselectioncommittee

That's what I thought but that only applies to the exchanges. Private plans can still still deny coverage or adjust their rates for preexisting conditions.

Originally posted by badselectioncommittee:

Originally posted by passoverGator:
A. Enroll in obamacare.

I lost my insurance so I had these choices. My decision was based on the following:

2. The cheapest option but really dumb. Do you really want to be sitting in waiting rooms with the other noninsured? Also what happens in the event of a serios injury?
3. The best option if you are young and/or have no preexisting conditions. You may have to have a physical and will certainly have to answer a lot of questions about your medical history.
1. I agree you should avoid it if at all possible but it was the best choice for me because of preexisting conditions. They are only allowed to ask your age, income and zip code. No prior medical history is provided.
Sorry to hear. That's rough to say the least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT