ADVERTISEMENT

Football ** What we learned from Florida's 38-0 win over Towson

The O-line is still a work in progress and the defense gives up too many big plays on 3rd down. Auburn is really good and we're going to have to play extremely well to beat them, IMO.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Not to try and puff people up here, but you all do realize that Towson could probably beat a third of all FBS teams this year? That's how good they are in the FCS and they will be in the playoffs this year. This was a much better and complete win than say, UTMartin or even Tennessee. Yes I am saying that Towson is a better win than the one over Tennessee.

The sad fact here is, after 5 weeks in, next week being the halfway point of the season. If you haven't seen improvement or change at something by now, it's not going to happen. The run game is pretty much borked for this year because of the offensive line. All I can reliably hope for out of this offensive line this year is that they can protect the QB well enough that it doesn't make our passing game suffer unduly. SEC is a conference where teams win or lose in the trenches blah blah blah, but we are getting physically beat by scrub teams like Kentucky this year in the trenches. South Caroliny just strangled Kentucky tonight. Yes 1-3 (well 2-3) South Caroliny.

If we lose to the cow humpers next week, it's going to be lost at the line of scrimmage. We have the talent and the athletes to compete, and I firmly believe we are better than they are at the skill positions.

The O-line is still a work in progress and the defense gives up too many big plays on 3rd down. Auburn is really good and we're going to have to play extremely well to beat them, IMO.
We will have to play well. The O Line was going to be a work this year...everyone knows it.

Not to try and puff people up here, but you all do realize that Towson could probably beat a third of all FBS teams this year? That's how good they are in the FCS and they will be in the playoffs this year. This was a much better and complete win than say, UTMartin or even Tennessee. Yes I am saying that Towson is a better win than the one over Tennessee.

The sad fact here is, after 5 weeks in, next week being the halfway point of the season. If you haven't seen improvement or change at something by now, it's not going to happen. The run game is pretty much borked for this year because of the offensive line. All I can reliably hope for out of this offensive line this year is that they can protect the QB well enough that it doesn't make our passing game suffer unduly. SEC is a conference where teams win or lose in the trenches blah blah blah, but we are getting physically beat by scrub teams like Kentucky this year in the trenches. South Caroliny just strangled Kentucky tonight. Yes 1-3 (well 2-3) South Caroliny.

If we lose to the cow humpers next week, it's going to be lost at the line of scrimmage. We have the talent and the athletes to compete, and I firmly believe we are better than they are at the skill positions.

Crazy stuff - this Towson team gave up almost 300 yards of rushing to a "football" team called Villanova. Villanova actually could line up and run it down the middle with their RBs while we couldn't except for one play where Pierce ran through the attempted tackle by a safety I think. No excuse for that poor of run blocking when only one starter is young and its the 2nd year of the system.

Consecutive Pass Complitions UF Record:
1. 2019 - Trask with 18 vs Tenn (3) & Towson (15).

Best RB vs Towson - D.Pierce 6 for 84 yds, 14.0 ypc 1 TD, (L-31 & L-34)
Team Rushing Total = 160 yds.

Fewest Punts Made in the SEC - Florida / T.Townsend
Gators - 7 for 307 yds, 43.9 yds/punt
Opponents - 22 for 898 yds, 40.8 yds/punt

FG's Made
Opponents - 3 of 7
Gators - 6 of 7

Fewest Points allowed in FBS:
5. UF - 8.8 Pts/Gm (20-0-21-3-0 = 44/5)

Interceptions in FBS
1. UF - 9

Opp. Fumbles 8 - 4 recovered