ADVERTISEMENT

What this offense needs

Insta how do you reconcile the belief that Nuss is an idiot while at the same time believing his scouting report that Trask was better than any QB he saw? Something ain't right with that reasoning.

First, try and get it right occasionally
. They said that he was as good as any 5 star that they'd scouted, not that he was better.

I'm not here to clear up what you fail to reconcile in your own twisted belief system.
But here you go anyway. Even smart guys can still screw the pooch occasionally. :oops:

The bigger question is how does Mc-Nuss reconcile claiming he's as good as any 5 Star that they scouted, and talking up Eason who is playing as a tFr, and then not even playing Trask for a single series against the preseason patsy opponents?

So how about you and your brain-dead side-kick dunny-goater addressing that for a change... o_O
(I'm guessing it's easier to just lay in the high weeds and snipe at whatwcwe I post) :rolleyes:

To long, DON'T READ.... (so you won't have to whine some more afterwards about it's length) ;)

I keep waiting for a head coach that can effectively use ALL of the talent that's on a 100+ man football team, but it looks to me like I'm going to have to keep on waiting... :oops:

Is it the coach, or is it a pack of moneyed alums (like the NFL's Dan Snyder) and/or UAA political interference with the head coach that keeps him/them from best using the entire roster?
Not being an 'insider' I have no real idea about where the problem originates, but I can still see that there is a problem. o_O

=======

Bud Wilkinson 145-29-4. With a 47 game win streak and 3 NC's along with 14 Conference Titles.
“At the end of each season, he had interviews with his entire team. He (Wilkinson) would point out to the players that he invited back for fall practice, which was about 65 to 70, to work on their weaknesses during the summer. Back then, new freshmen were not eligible for the varsity team. Bud knew through injuries, flunkouts, dropouts and normal matriculation that number would drop down to about 55 to 60 sophomores, juniors and seniors after two-a-day practices. Out this group he would put together five teams capable of playing offense, defense and special teams being five deep at all positions. That meant five deep at right end, right tackle, right guard, center, left guard, left tackle, left end, quarterback, right halfback, left halfback and fullback.

“Then Coach Wilkinson put together two entire teams of fairly equal ability of both offense and defense to keep fresh teams on the field. He routinely played a larger portion of his entire roster than anyone else in D1 history. Other teams tried to beat you with their best 11 players and not substitute as often as Bud did.

And that's how Wilkinson won 47 games in a row.”

* BTW, Bud's Split-T offense in a lot like today's Spread offenses.

Necessity, mother of invention, etc. So many of football's greatest innovations stemmed from "Well, we lost [Player A]," or "We have 3 good players who do these unique things pretty well." Some of our opponents admittedly outmanned us. We needed the deception of the "Split T" (or Spread) together with its promise of more offensive punch to offset the superior manpower mustered by our opponents. If we couldn't beat them down to size, then we might bewilder them and out-smart them!

So, why use the Split-T or Spread offense anyway?
1. It requires only average personnel.
2. It averages more yards per play.
3. It springs the (committee) backs into the open field more often.
4. It puts greater pressure on standard defenses.

In the offensive line, the essentials of one-on-one blocking can be taught easily. Because of the wider line spacing, the lineman need not overpower his opponent to "make the hole." It already exists; he must merely maintain it. this offense is much harder to stop with a standard defense when played in a normal fashion. The offense can still be very successful against the basic five, six, or seven-man D-lines. If you force the defense to adapt to you instead of playing its own game, and you are adept in your play-calling and knowledge of constraints, you can stay a step ahead of the defense all game long. College football has long been a sport based on either pushing over the guy in front of you, or getting the ball to your best players with space to run. :cool:

Agree with the second part of this. As far as having five complete teams ready to go, scholarship restrictions make that impossible now. I remember watching Nebraska/Oklahoma in the 80s, and it looked like a convention on the sidelines. Now, a coach really needs to know how to manage a roster, if he's going to have any depth (as our adventures on the offensive line have shown).

Agree with the second part of this. As far as having five complete teams ready to go, scholarship restrictions make that impossible now. I remember watching Nebraska/Oklahoma in the 80s, and it looked like a convention on the sidelines. Now, a coach really needs to know how to manage a roster, if he's going to have any depth (as our adventures on the offensive line have shown).

brad, I think you missed what it's saying, so here, let me help.

Back then, new freshmen were not eligible for the varsity team. Bud knew through injuries, flunkouts, dropouts and normal matriculation that number would drop down to about 55 to 60 sophomores, juniors and seniors after two-a-day practices. Out this group he would put together five teams capable of playing offense, defense and special teams being five deep at all positions. That meant five deep at right end, right tackle, right guard, center, left guard, left tackle, left end, quarterback, right halfback, left halfback and fullback.

What that's saying is that his players were 'cross-trained' to play more than just one position.
His mix & match of player groups is what's giving him the 5 teams.

“Then Coach Wilkinson put together two entire teams of fairly equal ability of both offense and defense to keep fresh teams on the field.'

So, instead of running in 1-2 players at a time in rotations during a game, he'd run in an entire 2nd team of players that were used to playing and practicing together. Continuity is maintained that way.

BillyD did that a few times when he was unhappy with the starters performance and wanted to talk to them as a group. Funny thing is, that the 2nd team often out-scored and out-played the starters.
That seemed to WAKE-UP the starters once they were returned to the floor.... ;)

First, try and get it right occasionally. They said that he was as good as any 5 star that they'd scouted, not that he was better.

I'm not here to clear up what you fail to reconcile in your own twisted belief system.
But here you go anyway. Even smart guys can still screw the pooch occasionally. :oops:

The bigger question is how does Mc-Nuss reconcile claiming he's as good as any 5 Star that they scouted, and talking up Eason who is playing as a tFr, and then not even playing Trask for a single series against the preseason patsy opponents?

So how about you and your brain-dead side-kick dunny-goater addressing that for a change... o_O
(I'm guessing it's easier to just lay in the high weeds and snipe at whatwcwe I post) :rolleyes:

Speaking of braindead.

If you think Nuss is bad as you've articulated many times, then I don't know why you'd trust his evaluation of any QB. Especially since you believe he's not picking the right one out of the ones on campus now. In other words, Trask isn't the god he talked him up to be or he's so dumb he has this 5-star QB sitting on the bench. Either way, you wouldn't have a reason to rely on his insight. But I see thinking isn't a strength of yours.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
Speaking of braindead.

If you think Nuss is bad as you've articulated many times
, then I don't know why you'd trust his evaluation of any QB. Especially since you believe he's not picking the right one out of the ones on campus now. In other words, Trask isn't the god he talked him up to be or he's so dumb he has this 5-star QB sitting on the bench. Either way, you wouldn't have a reason to rely on his insight. But I see thinking isn't a strength of yours.

Feel free to provide a link to all of my many bad atriculations of Nuss that you claim I've posted here.

While I see that you are great at running your idiot mouth, but not so much at answering the question that I put to yiou. Same ole - same-ole... :rolleyes:

If we win the division, even if it's on the back of our defense, I think he's going to be pretty tough to get out of there.
It might be a competition between one QB understanding the offense vs another that is more physically talented.

Feel free to provide a link to all of my many bad atriculations of Nuss that you claim I've posted here.

While I see that you are great at running your idiot mouth, but not so much at answering the question that I put to yiou. Same ole - same-ole... :rolleyes:

You've claimed in multiple threads that the QB competition is 'rigged' for LDR while bitching about playcalls and how they don't know what they're doing on offense. You deny this?

You've claimed in multiple threads that the QB competition is 'rigged' for LDR while bitching about playcalls and how they don't know what they're doing on offense. You deny this?

Links please, otherwise you just running your mouth and wasting time.
But you demand answers from me while constantly dodging my questions. You deny this?
BTW, as a poster, you're as boring as old rags... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So you're once again lying on these message boards. How honorable.

A slug like yourself wouldn't know anything about Honor, much less be able to judge anyone else on it. And your idiot claims are just as valid as they have always been, a legend in your own mind... :rolleyes:

Just because I'm bored.

https://florida.forums.rivals.com/threads/gator-offense-this-year-compared-to-last-year.51140/

This is you bitching about the "Claribel's" and taking a backhanded shot of the coaches while asking why any QB would come here because they won't play your savior Trask.

"Austin Appleby, ie Happy-by. The much celebrated 2-9 loser from P-U. He was named the backup instead of what 'they' called 'as good as any 5 star (Eason) that we've scouted... (wink-wink) ;)
Lately, much has been made on 2 QB's not coming to UF... Why in the world would Eason or the UL QB come to UF, just to sit on the bench behind a couple of experienced Claribel's? Not likely imo. And the 2 freshmen that did early enroll might also have gone elsewhere if they could have foreseen their outcomes... o_O

Having a coach like SOS on campus while this kind of QB crap continues is just aggravating and embarrassing for this long time Gator fan. :oops:

I'm pretty sick of hearing about Jack (as a fired loser with the Jags), and LDR's ties to a stadium that is no longer there, (it was replaced too). Just like I'm about sick of hearing about Mc's long history with LDR, or that he has 3 years in the Nuss system. LDR would have likely been a pretty good QB for a school like ColoSt, and for that conference... :rolleyes:

So since both Franks and Trask are such useless bench chumps, I'm sure hoping that Jake Allen can come in next year and really light it up at QB.... :confused:"

https://florida.forums.rivals.com/threads/geckos-rest-of-season-prognostication.51181/

More bitching about their choice at QB:

"They win out, but lose the SEC-C and another over-matched bowl game.
LDR is annointed the starter for the next 2 years.
Both Trask and Franks transfer before Sept, leaving tFr Allen as LDR's backup.
But since Allen is a tFr, they put rsSo Gronto V as the backup to LDR...
Doom,,, Dispair,,, Pain and Agg-Go-Kneeee! :("

"JMOHO's of course:
IF they win out it will be due to the play of the D and the RB's.
IF they suck and lose, it will be due to coaching and/or QB play."

https://florida.forums.rivals.com/t...ke-it-we-have-a-huge-game-this-weekend.51132/

"HAVE NO FEAR! ~~~ WONDER-DOG IS HERE. :D

(or at least the 2 Claribel's & their dog-trick trainers are here) :rolleyes: (crosses all his finger that the arthritis allows)"

And I only had to look in 3 threads on the front page. You've been on like a 4-week bitch fest about the "Claribels" and how the QB competition is rigged and the QB isn't performing and all but called our coaches idiots for not playing your god Trask. So I'll ask again to give you a chance to save face...you deny that you've said any of that?

I guess you missed all the times that I've supported Mc-staff, while you were sniveling about their recruiting, or whatever else you don't like on any given day. o_O

I've already said multiple times that my one cravat' on Mc-Nuss's Great coaching is their choice and coaching up of the QB's. This is not new, but it is a SINGLE issue, which I have supported with the game performances of each of them.

Just as I've supported their 'committee' use of the RB, by using the game stats instead of just my own opinions about what works best. (unlike what you deebs do constantly) :rolleyes:

And your butt-buddie harping at me over not saying that Cronkrite should be thrown off the team, as if he had the same multiple much worse incidents that TH had. But you are wanting Cronkrite thrown off the team, but dunny-goater makes no comment on that. Cheesy-azzed hypocrites you are. :confused:

Now guess what. I have the most solid of proofs that I'm kickin' your idiot azzes.
You can always tell when you're on target, because that's when you're taking the most flak.

I already knew it, but thanks for that solid confirmation... :cool:

Of course you do. Annoying, idiotic, wannabee little brothers always do. In fact, it's a wonder that you're not a criminole fan, cause that's where your type really belongs.

It's odd that my presence demeans you, rather than boosting your ego.

Actually, I take that back, let's go ahead and see. I'll make a special thread just for you.

I'm sorry but Del Rio should be holding a clipboard while we're on offense, not under center.

Can we keep the Danny-Insta battle in one thread?

Nope, that dunny-goater jock-swinger has to follow me everywhere and stink up the place, it's just who and what he is, and has always been. Get used to it.
He's a worse wannabee than any criminole constantly posting here...

Notice how this jock swinger wants you to name your starter, instead of him saying who he'd start and why. So typical of his dipwad type...

I am perfectly fine with Del Rio for now and I think there's potential for Franks...hell, even Trask. I just wouldn't start them while we're in a division title race.

Michi doesn't like Luke and doesn't seem to like anybody else either, so it seems he's just complaining to complain.

Would you like to share your QB thoughts?

I believe right now, LDR is the best choice. He may have some limitations but with our D, if we don't turn it over, we stay in the game. I would still like changes in tempo which he rarely does, but that's not his call.

And you would start...?

That' what you all said last season too.

Coming into this season it was "now we have options, blah blah blah".

Now its back to "we have on other options". Well, who's fault is that?

When will there be options? Next season when we have 2 RS FR QBs who have never taken a snap? Doubt it. It will be LDR again taking sacks and throwing ducks into triple coverage.

I believe right now, LDR is the best choice. He may have some limitations but with our D, if we don't turn it over, we stay in the game. I would still like changes in tempo which he rarely does, but that's not his call.

How's he the best choice when he has almost as many turnovers as TD and only completing 50% of his passes.

We'll see how he does in Fayetteville and Baton Rouge. Hopefully the offense can win in spite of him.

He kinda is the only choice atm.

Same was true last year too once Grier got suspended. The only other option was a guy who was so bad he got benched at Vandy. That's why it irritated me when the coaches said they weren't changing the offense for Treon. Not because he's some stud QB who demands it, but because by not changing it you were basically saying wins now weren't important since that was your only option.

Maybe if we had played some of the other guys early in the year to get them experience it would be different. But we never really got that chance because we let teams hang around. What I'd like to see us do is give one of them a series a game and start preparing them to take over. That's the best of both worlds...we play to win now and get them experience at the same time. Idk how you outright make a change now though even if LDR ain't playing all that well.

Every time I watch the Gators I see Wr's wide open all game.

Nuss is calling good plays,the Qb is either short,late,or missing his reads.

And Mac is HBC so I'd direct blames solely on the guy making 4 mill a year.

This is night and day from Muschamps offense.He got little out of some highly ranked guys.

25,22,81,89,80,30 these can all make plays,big plays.

That was never the case with Muschamp.

Mac is making good decisions.

He's coaching for his job,if he thought one of the freshman were better than Luke I'm sure he'd play that guy.

It's not a conspiracy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT