ADVERTISEMENT

What kind of books (or subject matter) do you want your kids/grandkids subjected to?

Again, you agree there is a line. You have no problem with that line. Other lines bother you.

Of course I also mentioned general erotica and the Manson murders.

But the fact that you'll admit that there is a line somewhere proves that you were FOS in post #32.
Like I said, you go to unrealistic stuff. Every argument/debate can be won with unrealistic stuff.

Because that is in a school curriculum...🙄

And the only books in school libraries are those directly related to school curriculum?

I just can't with you man. Pig headed just doesn't cover it with you. South end of a north bound mule perhaps. You seem to get off on being obstinate.

From the link in the OP...

The largest teachers union in America recommended educators include ‘Gender Queer’ in their summer reading
'Gender Queer' has courted major controversy among parents for its depictions and descriptions of oral sex, masturbation

This is what we're discussing. Probably time to deflect, no?

So basically, you don't want to risk your children developing any thoughts or ideas that you don't agree with. So you just want conservative indoctrination led by conservative parents. Gotcha
ONCE AGAIN, you purposely miss the point. But, your dam straight when they were young kids. Once they got to high school, IF THEY chose to, then I would not like it, but okay. BUT THE POINT WE ARE MAKING, the DEMS are PUSHING/FORCING this crap on the kids when they are young and not allowing them to "opt" out.

And the only books in school libraries are those directly related to school curriculum?

I just can't with you man. Pig headed just doesn't cover it with you. South end of a north bound mule perhaps. You seem to get off on being obstinate.

From the link in the OP...

The largest teachers union in America recommended educators include ‘Gender Queer’ in their summer reading
'Gender Queer' has courted major controversy among parents for its depictions and descriptions of oral sex, masturbation

This is what we're discussing. Probably time to deflect, no?

I'm good with the school not teaching my kids about oral sex or manual stimulation.

As a father, these are topics I handled with my son. My wife did the same with my daughter's. It was uncomfortable at first but after we broached the subject, they came to us with questions.

That seems like a better idea for my kids than some gender fluid, pink haired, overly pierced they/them stranger. But if you prefer them, opt in. I opted out.

Reactions: goldmom and BCSpell
I'm good with the school not teaching my kids about oral sex or manual stimulation.

As a father, these are topics I handled with my son. My wife did the same with my daughter's. It was uncomfortable at first but after we broached the subject, they came to us with questions.

That seems like a better idea for my kids than some gender fluid, pink haired, overly pierced they/them stranger. But if you prefer them, opt in. I opted out.
we agree on that. although i have no issues at all discussing gender and homosexuality,

we agree on that. although i have no issues at all discussing gender and homosexuality,

We discussed that with our children as well. I'm glad that came from us rather than a virtual stranger.

Our children aren't carbon copies of their parents but they first learned about it from people who love them unconditionally. We thought that was important. Their opinions on the matter evolve as their understanding of such things evolve which is natural, of course.

They had questions about the family member of mine who is gay so we discussed it. They love that family member the same way they love the others so it seems to have worked.

we agree on that. although i have no issues at all eco, my discussing gender and homosexuality,
Not until a certain age. I have a grandnephew who’s four. He’s not going to be ready in K-3 for these discussions.
Heck, my 9 year old granddaughter is really not ready for it either. She’s busy with soccer and the giant slip and slide her Daddy just put in the backyard.
Let kids be kids.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Not until a certain age. I have a grandnephew who’s four. He’s not going to be ready in K-3 for these discussions.
Heck, my 9 year old granddaughter is really not ready for it either. She’s busy with soccer and the giant slip and slide her Daddy just put in the backyard.
Let kids be kids.
Agree

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT