ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting What I'm hearing on grad-transfer OL Parker Braun

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018
I reconnected with Parker Braun's father last night in hopes of getting a feel for how Saturday's visit went, and I'm told it was "great."

John Hevesy loves versatile players who can either play all three positions, or OT/OG and OG/OC. The family believes center is probably the way to go long-term, but understands there is opportunity at both guard spots with center being a possibility as well.

His father noted that the biggest challenge would probably be the new language and learning all the verbiage, but Braun made the All-ACC academic team each year he was at Georgia Tech and is a bright kid. I don't see that being a problem.

I've said this before, but this is a detailed family who is treating this like a business decision. They are not looking for promises to be made and simply just want Parker to control what he can with their best scenario hopefully being the outcome, which is obviously starting and making an impact.

Mr. Braun also mentioned how some might view Parker's transition from G-Tech's style of blocking to the SEC as a concern. He said you are either tackling someone or preventing someone from tackling your teammate, basically saying the schematical part of the equation is receiving a little too much attention.

They are comparing it to the job interview process. If an appealing option surfaces, they will do their research and attack it as they go, but there is not a true timeline for his decision here.

The family views the OL and strength and conditioning coaches as crucial pieces to the puzzle and both Hevesy and Savage made a strong impression. For this past weekend, Mr. Braun told me the timing simply worked out great. They were already planning to bring Parker's younger brother and four-star OL, Joshua Braun, so Parker decided to come along for the trip as well.

Meaning, Parker is expected back on campus with an official visit still at his disposal. Nothing has been scheduled, but his father says that could maybe take place around Parker's spring break.

That would provide him with the opportunity to see more of the ins and outs of the program while spring practice is in full effect as well.

With Florida and Texas, those are the two schools who really came forward and labeled Parker as a priotity, resulting in visits being scheduled. Those two schools wanted to get the process going fairly quickly.

Other schools, including ones in-state, have also made contact with Braun family, but those conversations are more of a wait-and-see with some schools looking to bring him for a visit down the line. Ohio State recently reached out to the family as well.

I've known the family for a handful of years now, but when we first spoke about Parker's grad-transfer process, proximity and the term "Florida boy" was thrown around a few times. That stuck with me and I still like the Gators here, but we will see how the trip to Texas goes. He finished out his high school career in the Lone Star State, so there is familiarity there.

We were on the phone as I was in the car, so I'm sure a few more details will surface once I post this, but that's the chunk of it right there.

The comfort level with UF is high here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News