ADVERTISEMENT

Football What does Napier do now with the Lagway situation?

Best gig in the world is to be the ex Florida football coach!

Well FSU's coach firing buyout would be 63 million if fired after this season so maybe not quite as bad as some other situations if things were an issue there more than just this year. He also got them to give him a really low buyout when he was being mentioned as a candidate for other jobs last season. They probably won't have to worry about that though.

Mike Greenberg rips Napier.
In fairness to Napier, sadgator thinks Greenberg blew that comment WAY out of proportion. Billy was just saying, “we can’t listen to negative commentary on social media.” He wasn’t really intending to disparage Florida fans by giving that specific reference.

It’s not at all what he intended. Framing the comment that way is sincerely unfair.

There are TONS of reasons to question Napier’s job performance; but getting all bent out of shape about that throw away comment is weak and hyper-sensitive.

In fairness to Napier, sadgator thinks Greenberg blew that comment WAY out of proportion. Billy was just saying, “we can’t listen to negative commentary on social media.” He wasn’t really intending to disparage Florida fans by giving that specific reference.

It’s not at all what he intended. Framing the comment that way is sincerely unfair.

There are TONS of reasons to question Napier’s job performance; but getting all bent out of shape about that throw away comment is weak and hyper-sensitive.

My view on it is you only can get away with saying crap like that if you are a winning coach that just had a bad game. I think Napier if the ship isn't righted pretty quick may turn into Mullen 2.0 with the press before we remove him. It's crazy how big that A&M game is going to be for him. If we won with Lagway starting things totally change for a week anyway but a loss and it's hard to see any way for him to survive. I think if we beat A&M with Mertz it would still take wins over Miss State and UCF also for people to get any chance of hope back.

It is blown out of proportion but CBN has it all coming to him. For him to gripe even the slightest about fan commentary is ridiculous. He’s 11-15. What does he expect. He probably thought he was being funny, but putting the “rural central Florida part” in there was dumb beyond belief, which is pretty on brand for Napier.

Our S&C left UF and Slingblade for Bill O'Brien, now at BC. BC sure didn't look like schitt against FSU.

They seem to be at least playing to their strengths even though they aren't that talented of a team.
He left before he got booted whenever Napier does. Our season is fuched. I'd feel better if Napier was gone after the Miami game. Who knows, Charlie Pell got canned after his 2nd game un 1984.

He left before he got booted whenever Napier does. Our season is fuched. I'd feel better if Napier was gone after the Miami game. Who knows, Charlie Pell got canned after his 2nd game un 1984.

I think unless we turn it around he may get fired before the bye week prior to Georgia.

Season is done, so play the Freshman Lagway. Not saying he is better option than Mertz, but he's the future so let's get him out there and hope he's not injured.

GWpsdmCWcAANO4W

Correct - fans and others just want to burn it down lol at this point.

In his HS senior season, DJ threw for over 4,600 yards with 58 touchdowns while completing just over 72% of his passes. Then he added 957 yards and 16 touchdowns on the ground. (note: those HS senior numbers are better than Tebow's, and he's physically bigger and faster than Tim was)

This is the iG's WTF quote for the week....

"I think it's huge that he (Lagway) actually got to play a little bit Week 1 and just relative to what he's taking on now,” Napier said.

This from the HC/OC in charge of who plays and how much, and who doesn't.

Napier talked 'packages' for Lagway all off season, then left him on the bench until his 'adopted son' went down injured yet again at the end of the 3rd quarter. Billy's 'stupidity index' is running off the scale it seems to me....

https://www.si.com/college/florida/breaking-qb-dj-lagway-to-start-florida-gators-01j6zkw7vecx

Contrary to what some sports writers are saying,,, the Gators don't need to RUTS vs FCS Stanford. What they need to do is to use the game as a 'glorified scrimmage' to try and correct the many problems on both sides of the ball. That is what is needed, to prepare for the game next week vs aTm....

BN is supposedly in charge of the 'HOOK' when someone is under-preforming.
Where was that infamous HC's hook last Saturday??? Searcy - Castell - Waites - etc.
Rotate the players more often, use more of the roster at every position on both O & D...
If I hear BN say 'We need to coach better" one more time....
😫
I'm beginning to think that it's a 'you can't fix stupid' kind of thing.

Contrary to what some sports writers are saying,,, the Gators don't need to RUTS vs FCS Stanford. What they need to do is to use the game as a 'glorified scrimmage' to try and correct the many problems on both sides of the ball. That is what is needed, to prepare for the game next week vs aTm....

Where was that infamous HC's hook last Saturday??? Searcy - Castell - Waites - etc.
Rotate the players more often, use more of the roster at every position on both O & D...
😫

Reminds me when Zook use to say things like "that's correctable" 100x every press conference. Drove me nuts.

😫

"Scrimmage"? Sanford dropped 52 points on us the last time they came to town and their QB just had about 400 yards of offense himself in their last game. So we have like 4 starters out on defense and that QB coming in here.

I think I will buy one of the shirts and sew a big gator on the back. I live in Rural Central Florida and if I tried to dig a basement I would end up with a lake under my house. My property backs up to a "Wildlife Preserve" which we called a Swamp growing up. No chance for a basement in that environment.

Over here the Florida Gators are the dominant college team by far so dissing us is just plain dumb, Billy Napier.

I agree with his earlier tweet asking was it an April Fools joke when seeing George listed as a team captain this week. How does Napier do that when he showed no effort after that interception. Don't care if he exceeded expectations in pass blocking at Guard against Miami.

Reactions: gatordad3
I read Mertz suffered a displaced collar bone during the game. No one is talking about that, what is the recovery time for that?

I read Mertz suffered a displaced collar bone during the game. No one is talking about that, what is the recovery time for that?

I haven't heard that but one article said 4 to 6 weeks or more. I think probably shorter for a football player. If he is in a sling now we won't see him in the A&M game I would think.

"Scrimmage"? Sanford dropped 52 points on us the last time they came to town and their QB just had about 400 yards of offense himself in their last game. So we have like 4 starters out on defense and that QB coming in here.
Napier said on Monday that Florida's offensive game plan would be tailored to highlight Lagway's diverse skill set. (believe it when i SEE IT)
He's raw but there's something "different" about Lagway when he enters a game according to his teammates.

Likely injured OUT for Samford:

QB Graham Mertz
WR Kahleil Jackson
WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars - preseason injury
WR Andy Jean - preseason injury

CB Devin Moore
SS Asa Turner
SS Bryce Thornton
FS Sharif Denson
DL Joey Slackman

5 on Defense and 4 on offense....

Reactions: gatordad3
Napier said on Monday that Florida's offensive game plan would be tailored to highlight Lagway's diverse skill set. (believe it when i SEE IT)
He's raw but there's something "different" about Lagway when he enters a game according to his teammates.

Likely injured OUT for Samford:

QB Graham Mertz
WR Kahleil Jackson
WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars - preseason injury
WR Andy Jean - preseason injury

CB Devin Moore
SS Asa Turner
SS Bryce Thornton
FS Sharif Denson
DL Joey Slackman

5 on Defense and 4 on offense....

WR Jackson may be out for the season after his surgery..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT