ADVERTISEMENT

What does he do now?

Illegal-shift

Gator Great
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2021
Trump has a rare and historic opportunity with the RNC perfectly timed for this week. He is the position that no former president or candidate has ever been in. Will he rise above the fray and deliver a unifying, magnanimous speech? Biden has said all the traditional things you would expect in this situation, but its what Trump has to say that will matter. He has a big lead with Biden taking on water every day.......the country NEEDS Trump to show he can put away the petty politics and sacrifice any payback rhetoric and be the bigger man here. He would score a lot of points with a lot of people if he can rise to this occasion. Don't blame the democrats......frame it as a random act by one sick individual....and ask his people to refrain from any kind of retribution. Winning the election should be all the payback they need.

This is uncharted territory......as much as I dislike Trump, I hope he pulls it off. The country needs him to lower the temperature............Trump is really the only person who can do it. If he can be that close to losing his life and come back with a very positive, forward looking hopeful message it could be a good day for America.

What a nice idea, but you know as well as the rest of us that it matters not what Trump does or says, his speech could be straight out of the Mother Teresa playbook, but it will be bastardized in plain sight like CNN and NBC and the NYT did with their headlines yesterday implying that Trump was less than heroic when he heard popping sounds, failing to address the assassination attempt as such or that he got shot. He will be painted as awful and divisive - which ironically describes the MSM to a T.

And that was exactly what happened during the entirety of his presidency. You expect the tone of the media to change now?

Biden's speech lacked one very important phrase "and it starts with me". Biden acts like he is not at all responsible for turning up the temperature with his own rhetoric, such as existential threat and threat to democracy. Just the day before the shooting, Jill Biden called Trump "evil". Illegal shift makes it seem like Biden got shot, not Trump. Biden has an historic chance for healing by actions, not just words in a teleprompter, BECAUSE BIDEN IS THE PRESIDENT.

Last edited:
What a nice idea, but you know as well as the rest of us that it matters not what Trump does or says, his speech could be straight out of the Mother Teresa playbook, but it will be bastardized in plain sight like CNN and NBC and the NYT did with their headlines yesterday implying that Trump was less than heroic when he heard popping sounds, failing to address the assassination attempt as such or that he got shot. He will be painted as awful and divisive - which ironically describes the MSM to a T.

And that was exactly what happened during the entirety of his presidency. You expect the tone of the media to change now?
You are exactly right. Some of the headlines from left wing rags were sickening. If Donald Trump cured cancer, the headline would be that thousands of jobs lost at cancer clinics.
And for millions of people, no matter what Donald Trump says in a speech, it won't matter because there are millions who are sad that he ain't dead.

Dems blind hatred for Donald Trump is no different than Hamas's blind hatred for Israel. How do you reason with people like this that have been indoctrinate since they could walk that Republicans/Israeli's are evil? Answer- You can't. If you are Trump and Republicans, forget about those on the Democrat side that the Dems constantly vicitmize to keep loyal. Go for the Independents and 10% of the Dems who are not bat guano crazy.

Democrats cannot talk about accomplishments. Nothing is better than it was before they took over. What else can they do to win! VILIFY. I expect Trump to turn the volume down because HE is smart, AND he just went through a life changing experience. He knows God saved him. He knows he has a greater purpose. He may have thought that a bit before, but after how close he came, and from that close he should not be here today. I hope he does and he becomes a great unifier. But if anyone thinks the left will allow for the volume becomes down yiu are naive. It is all they have. It is all they know. Remember, they for the most part do NOT love America, they love power.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolgtr
Their assault won't stop with the media. The 3 letter agencies might be a little more hesitant to try some Russian Collusion type hoax again if he takes office though. He needs to appoint an AG that will go after those crooks.

most of the violent rhetoric comes from the left side of the isle and since they are losing I do not see it slowing down
They really have never stopped. How many of them are truly upset the guy missed? Many are already saying as much. VILE people. And I would rather not have to post this. But I do not sugar coat. What I am posting is reality

Reactions: BillytheC
Trump is in a good position. If he could remain disciplined, he could run away with it.

I don't think he can. It's going to be close.

There are a bunch of voters who desperately want a capable adult President. Trump could get them if he'd just play the part.

I like how, after years and years of calling him a facist and Hitler, someone trys to kill him and the media and your ilk try and place the burden of bringing the temperature down on HIM. The ole, if she wouldnt have worn those short shorts he wouldnt have raped her trick. He should put all these journos in Gitmo

Trump is in a good position. If he could remain disciplined, he could run away with it.

There are a bunch of voters who desperately want a capable adult President. Trump could get them if he'd just play the part.
I think you mean.....moderate pansies want a limp dick wet noodle as a president

Dem activists will not change. They are paid to be outraged. Dem pols are resigned to 4 years of Pres Trump. They are working to cut their losses in House, Senate, state houses. Most other than in deep blue, bat shit crazy states and cities, will not want to appear with Biden or Harris. It is about personal political survival. Keep in mind, for most House Dems, the job they have is the highest paying job they've ever had or will have if they get beat.

At last count 35 of 208 House Dems cannot get a credit card in their own name.

I like how, after years and years of calling him a facist and Hitler, someone trys to kill him and the media and your ilk try and place the burden of bringing the temperature down on HIM. The ole, if she wouldnt have worn those short shorts he wouldnt have raped her trick. He should put all these journos in Gitmo
You hit the nail on the head. Instead of putting the emphasis on Biden and Dems, he puts it on the one who is being persecuted AND WHO GOT SHOT. Amazing.

Think you are a victim of exactly what you are addressing. I have watched a fair amount of CNN the last few days and your assessment above does not come close to the overall tone I have witnessed. Its the right wing picking out the worst pieces of the lefts coverage and feeding it to you and you just accepting it as "their position". Its what both sides do to the detriment of all of us.

But my post wasn't meant to insinuate that any of the far left will change at all. The 25% or so on both sides are so dug in they deserve each other. Neither side will ever change.

But there is a whole spectrum of people out there. Trump's positive message could certainly have an impact on 3-5% of independents or moderate democrats who will listen. That could change the whole equation quite a lot. If he has, say 57% support instead of 52% everything becomes a lot easier and the messages going forward can change.

Its about taking this opportunity to try and save this country instead of letting it continue down the path to destruction like a lot of the knuckleheads on this board seem to want. Maybe in the end it can't be done........but this is the best opportunity Trump has ever had to sell that message and change the tone. I hope he does it.

I don't think he can.
It's going to be close.

You never do.

Just sit back and watch.

You might be very surprised what's about to happen.

Dems blind hatred for Donald Trump is no different than Hamas's blind hatred for Israel. How do you reason with people like this that have been indoctrinate since they could walk that Republicans/Israeli's are evil? Answer- You can't. If you are Trump and Republicans, forget about those on the Democrat side that the Dems constantly vicitmize to keep loyal. Go for the Independents and 10% of the Dems who are not bat guano crazy.
That's exactly the element I was taking about. The crazy ****s on both sides won't ever change their opinions on anything. I am not talking about Trump getting 80% support........but something closer to 60% might be possible and would change everything.

Exactly and well put. I don't know if Trump can do it either..........but I think he sees it. And its the right move politically, which his advisors won't miss.

You have such limited powers of perception, its really sad.

Not me or any damn person are placing any burden on Trump or even have the ability to do so. The situation has simply unfolded this way. History is placing the burden on Trump, not men. Biden has already come out and used the exact words of "lowering the temperature".....but his words don't move the needle at all. Especially since most view him as a lame duck at this point and he wasn't the one who was almost killed.

The is a massive opportunity for Trump. But I do understand a lot of his extreme supporters won't get it. No surprise there.

Reactions: gatorspeed

Not me or any damn person are placing any burden on Trump or even have the ability to do so. The situation has simply unfolded this way. History is placing the burden on Trump, not men. Biden has already come out and used the exact words of "lowering the temperature".....but his words don't move the needle at all. Especially since most view him as a lame duck at this point and he wasn't the one who was almost killed.

The is a massive opportunity for Trump. But I do understand a lot of his extreme supporters won't get it. No surprise there.
The left is on the run and in disarray. Its funny how they always wanna lower the temperature, you know, cool of the rhetocric when they are on their heels. We should not afford them any quarter. No mercy. Boot on throat. Total victory. When the opposition is a bunch of commie thugs, thats the only way. When the left says we need to lower the temperature, it means they are on the run and they would like the Mitt Romney types to afford them the opportunity to huddle in the corner and lick their wounds and reload. We should do no such thing, we should attach bayonets

Exactly and well put. I don't know if Trump can do it either..........but I think he sees it. And its the right move politically, which his advisors won't miss.
I don't know if he will listen to his advisors. I'm they used to suggest cooling it with the tweets.

Extremists don't think clearly.

The left is on the run and in disarray. Its funny how they always wanna lower the temperature, you know, cool of the rhetocric when they are on their heels. We should not afford them any quarter. No mercy. Boot on throat. Total victory. When the opposition is a bunch of commie thugs, thats the only way. When the left says we need to lower the temperature, it means they are on the run and they would like the Mitt Romney types to afford them the opportunity to huddle in the corner and lick their wounds and reload. We should do no such thing, we should attach bayonets
LOL. Have a good time at group therapy today.

LOLOLOLOL Trump HAS been diciplined..it is the idiot on the other side that is slinging all of the chit. May I remind you WHO had the attempt on their life? It was NOT JB...it was Trump. And the media lies and FJB and other dimwits calling him a threat to democracy is why. Wake the F up, son....pay attention.

Reactions: gatordad3

Biden and the MSM are 100% responsible for the temperature BEING up. Notice democrats are not on the receiving end of the bullets...WE ARE. Congressional baseball game...SAMJE THING. So quit being the arson and calling in the GD fire!!! Because THAT IS WHAT THIS BS IS.

Reactions: Coolgtr
Are you suggesting he's going to be disciplined? I will definitely be pleasantly surprised.
No...NOT suggesting......TELLING YOU OUTRIGHT that he will. May I bring up a VERY important FACT to you and others that are blaming Trump for this kind of BS?? WHO IS GETTING SHAT AT??? WHO IS DOING THE SHOOTING??? CASE CLOSED.

I PROMISE it will be YOUR SIDE that cannot do it. WHY?? Because they CANNOT talk accomplishments. NAME 3 things that are better today than when Trump was in office? YOU CANNOT...so personal attacks....like "end of democracy" it is!!

Smart people will ignore knuckleheads in the media Fres, I for one thinks Trump comes out tonite and hits a home run, who cares what the media says at this point the OP Is spot on, I work my butt off 24/7 and listen too a bunch a dummies run their mouths about Civil War and garbage, I think Trumps A self aware man, I for one think we all will see a New Man moving forward

Sane posting

Smart people will ignore knuckleheads in the media Fres, I for one thinks Trump comes out tonite and hits a home run, who cares what the media says at this point the OP Is spot on, I work my butt off 24/7 and listen too a bunch a dummies run their mouths about Civil War and garbage, I think Trumps A self aware man, I for one think we all will see a New Man moving forward
Good post Speed. I hope your right. But you can see the challenge he has from some of the posting on here already. Some Trump supporters simply don't want unity. They see the left as something that needs to be exterminated. Its the mindset that has gotten us in the fix we are in.

Good post Speed. I hope your right. But you can see the challenge he has from some of the posting on here already. Some Trump supporters simply don't want unity. They see the left as something that needs to be exterminated. Its the mindset that has gotten us in the fix we are in.
Yeppppppp! Gotta know how to love your brother or you’ll end up In deep doo doo, it’s easier to get along than too constantly disagree and attack, it’s rough on the soul Amigo, Trump comes out like he says he is , I can get behind that

It's crazy! It's like they don't like the idea of Trump leading the entire nation. He must keep owning the libs!

Reactions: Illegal-shift
I have no problem with unity it is just that with dims the only way they move is to not move and wait for the pubs to come their way

Reactions: gatorspeed
I have no problem with unity it is just that with dims the only way they move is to not move and wait for the pubs to come their way
Billy not all feel that way man, whether you stand on either side, sometimes you gotta be the stronger cat to pull the other ones along, brow beating won’t accomplish anything

Reactions: jhgator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT