ADVERTISEMENT

Well now, we just might be able to....

Well, Robinson, Lemmons and Slaton are all on the bubble still to qualify. The university accepted their LOIs, but as Blake stated, all of them still have work to do and there is a lot of time between now and June. There are reasons all other schools cooled on them and UF ended up being the only real P5 option.

I think at least one will not be enrolled by fall camp.

I was trying to remember the name of the DL that FSU "signed" didn't qualify, "signed again" didn't qualify, and he was counted in the recruiting rankings for at least 2, maybe 3 years. Anybody remember?

Callahan Bright. I think he was in the same class as Rouse. I remember because Rouse was one of the first recruiting videos I ever watched I thought he was one of the best players I'd ever seen.

Callahan Bright. I think he was in the same class as Rouse. I remember because Rouse was one of the first recruiting videos I ever watched I thought he was one of the best players I'd ever seen.

I followed recruiting hardcore back then. Rouse could have been a great player.

Research the name Robert Timmons a Wr out of Texas. I was hoping bad UF would sign him...Another one of those what's ifs.

Yep Callahan Bright. Good memory

who was the Wideout that apologized to Urban for going to the wrong school after we smashed FSU his first year in 05 after the game?

Best videos I ever saw of a HS recruit were Noel Devine, Chris Rainey, and (gulp) AH

I followed recruiting hardcore back then. Rouse could have been a great player.

Research the name Robert Timmons a Wr out of Texas. I was hoping bad UF would sign him...Another one of those what's ifs.

BB was truly just reaching for any stars he could during his last several years. Red flags be damned. It showed with more than its fair share of attrition. It was a frustrating time to be a 'Nole watching that mess drag on for way too many years. UF was certainly a huge beneficiary of that ineptness.

Well, Robinson, Lemmons and Slaton are all on the bubble still to qualify. The university accepted their LOIs, but as Blake stated, all of them still have work to do and there is a lot of time between now and June. There are reasons all other schools cooled on them and UF ended up being the only real P5 option.

I think at least one will not be enrolled by fall camp.

If any of the three do not qualify, then it takes a bloom of the rose of this class. If two of the three do not, then the class is every bit as bad as many Gator fans feared a few days ago.

Finally watched some tape of Trask in high school and was surprised the passes he was completing to receivers that had good coverage on them. He may have been the backup due to their system and that other QBs running ability and them scoring a ton of points but you don't see many QBs in high school consistently dropping the ball in tight windows like that. Heck with all of Franks tapes he doesn't drop as many in there at all with tight coverage like that. I think this kid will be starting at some point next season even if its because another QB gets yanked. I see how he impressed them at FNL.

Starter is a gold star for the previous week at practice, so it means something to the players.

To me as a fan, playing 55+ in the games is what's important, not who the starters are.
And the fact that so many of them can play, and that the battles are so close, shows that Mc-staff can coach, and that they know what they are doing in recruiting, despite whatever stars a recruit was given by some recruit ranking service.... :cool:

We just have to hope we have a couple of 300 pounders on defense who can play at a high level. The good teams are going to try to pound the rock right down our throat this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT