ADVERTISEMENT

VH3- Enjoy this kid this year

diddy gator

Bull Gator
Nov 28, 2005
I posted this link for you guys to go ahead and start the discussion we've had 100 times, but now we've seen him for two full years I feel it's been enough time to speculate if VH3 is the best corner we've ever had. At UF, especially in the last 2 decades, we've had some insanely talented corners come through. He has a lot of seriously bad ass players to be considered against and honestly with my relative youth there are some players that I may not know much about. But here are the guys I would stack him up with based on what I've seen.

Lito Sheppard
Janoris Jenkins
Joe Haden
Keiwan Ratliff
Insert whoever I'm forgetting that's also awesome, but these guys will do

Keiwan and Lito were both great corners, but I still associate them more with the return game than I do just totally shutting somebody down. Joe Haden was as physically gifted a guy as you'll see, but he didn't have half of VH3's skills while here. Janoris wasn't nearly as physically gifted as VH3, but had COMPARABLE skills.

In short, when speaking just in terms of being a shutdown corner, VH3 blends the skills of Janoris and the freakshow athletic ability of Joe. He is IMO, the best we've seen come through here and this year will most certainly be a top 3-5 pick. When watching the video, look closely at what he's doing when the ball is getting to the WR. That over/under the shoulder without touching the WR until the ball gets there without fail move is straight up high level NFL. He's doing this shit as a SOPH.

Edit: Sorry the music sucks balls in the video. Turn it down to protect your ears if you value them and can't take whatever it is these kids pass off for music these days.
This post was edited on 3/5 11:28 AM by diddy gator

VH3 is incredible

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News