ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas seems to think we are a much better team than Tennessee

It means nothing...and technically sadgator thinks the line opened at 6 and dropped to 4.5, for whatever that is worth...

This is going to be a bitch of a game...

And if we lose, you’ll likely jump all over Mullen’s shit for losing a game he “should” have won.

If we win, you’ll likely blow it off because we are “supposed” to be better than UT...

And the reality is, if they can somehow find a way to get this win, it will be a good one.

It means nothing...and technically sadgator thinks the line opened at 6 and dropped to 4.5, for whatever that is worth...

And if we lose, you’ll likely jump all over Mullen’s shit for losing a game he “should” have won.

If we win, you’ll likely blow it off because we are “supposed” to be better than UT...

And the reality is, if they can somehow find a way to get this win, it will be a good one.

Not going to give Mullen too much grief if its because of Franks etc. we were to lose this game. I kind of see it as home field could possibly be the difference when 2 train wrecks play each other.

I don't think we will truly know a lot (good stuff anyway) about this team until we play @ MSU.

I would have guessed they would have been favored by a point or so being at home.

Me too, but I disagree that winning this game would not be impressive. An SEC road win in a rivalry game would be a very good win for this group. They are bad offensively, but you know they have athletes on defense, and you know this is probably going to be a close, low-scoring game, played in front of 110,000 juiced up hillbillies. CSU and Charleston Southern were scrimmages. Completely meaningless. But this would be a good win.

In Vegas' view;

Florida's football program:
7942fe4fcbc5c051f7f7373b880a54fe.jpg

Tennessee's football program:
dumpster_fire_cropped_400x400.jpeg

We have lost 7 straight games to power 5 conference teams.

Tenn has lost 9 straight games to power 5 conference teams.

My major hope is that Dan has been sand-baggin' for tennis-sea so far, on who he has been playing in the 1st 3 games. IF not, then this could get UGLY real quick for my Gators... o_O

Frank's is completing 53 % of his passes this year. Sad to think he is our best option right now, hopefully our line can open up some holes in the running game.

My major hope is that Dan has been sand-baggin' for tennis-sea so far, on who he has been playing in the 1st 3 games. IF not, then this could get UGLY real quick for my Gators... o_O

Coach Pruitt said he was really impressed with Coach Mullen and the rest of the staff like Grantham and said they had our program ahead of where he thought it would be at this point.

Coach Pruitt said he was really impressed with Coach Mullen and the rest of the staff like Grantham and said they had our program ahead of where he thought it would be at this point.

Pruitt ain't no Lane Kiffrat for sure,.

He's had nothing but Praise for Ole Coach Dan and the Florida Football team and staff all week.

What what what?!!???

In your mind..... Florida sand-bagged the UK game.....for the UT game......

.......!!

No further comment....

Reactions: nail1988
Vegas oddsmakers are usually pretty accurate, as millions of dollars ride on their numbers. I only saw the Tennessee/West Virginia game and they looked awful. They were 0-8 in the SEC last year, but had us beat. I'm sure they'll be fired up with a big & loud home crowd. Tough game for the Gators, but we'll see how they stack up on the road against a below average SEC team.

Vegas 'odds' are to balance the bets, nothing else matters to them.
They make money with the balance, not on who wins or loses the game. :cool:

Those vegas odds mean squat on Saturday night... o_O

Vegas 'odds' are to balance the bets, nothing else matters to them.
They make money with the balance, not on who wins or loses the game. :cool:

Those vegas odds mean squat on Saturday night... o_O

So you are saying Vegas knows most people will be thinking Florida takes this road game with points to spare.

So you are saying Vegas knows most people will be thinking Florida takes this road game with points to spare.

The first spread I saw was UF by 8, another site had it by 6.
Someone else later posted a site that had it at UF by 4.5. The odds will change right up until betting closes to maintain the $$ balance as close to 50/50 as they can get it.

So it seems that most 'betting people' (not most people) think that it's UF by about a TD, close game but a UF win. Looking at both recent past and the last 2.5 decades, that's a reasonable bet/spread.

I won't be betting on it. I've seen games like these settled by a late score, or by 2-3 TD's. A bet on a college game like this is about as sure of a thing as a roll of the dice imo....

Las Vegas,,, AKA Lost Wages... for a reason. :cool:

Last edited:
Vegas oddsmakers are usually pretty accurate, as millions of dollars ride on their numbers.

This is a misnomer. Vegas sets lines to attract equal money on each side. The line then moves in relation to the money being bet. When a game ends up very close to the final Vegas spread, what is accurate is the collective intelligence of the betting public.

This is a misnomer. Vegas sets lines to attract equal money on each side. The line then moves in relation to the money being bet. When a game ends up very close to the final Vegas spread, what is accurate is the collective intelligence of the betting public.

Not entirely imo. Vegas definitely puts out lines the public initially thinks is crazy sometimes and it seems in most cases even after they adjust some because of the money flowing mostly one way they were right about the initial line more than the public was. I think I read those are the games Vegas cleans house on the most even though they get burned occasionally on them.

If anybody does this I will jump right back on their arses also. It only shows they know nothing about this game. It takes a few years to build a program that will last, not the Urban Meyer way of building, fast and quick then falling a long way and hitting very hard...

If anybody does this I will jump right back on their arses also. It only shows they know nothing about this game. It takes a few years to build a program that will last, not the Urban Meyer way of building, fast and quick then falling a long way and hitting very hard...

I will definitely be complaining with 90% of Gator fans if we are losing to teams we have no business losing to while hoping the mess gets corrected. Upsets happen but you don't want things becoming a trend like they did previously.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando

That's why he mentioned the point spread, if Florida wins by less then 5, he can still find fault. Always giving himself an out.

Our rushing defense has been really, really bad. And now with all the injuries in the secondary, a good passing team is going to give us fits as well. However, the defensive focus and intensity was way better against Colorado State and if it comes out at that level or even higher we could be OK. The O-line is still my biggest concern.

Missing CeCe DE/OLB Sr TFL leader, and Reese MLB Jr 102 Tkls leader is no joke.
Then losing Marco early in the UK game, already being injury depleted in the secondary sure didn't help.

While keeping Ivey at LT (move to LG, and Fred Johnson and Tyler Jordan at the OG spots amazes me??? :confused: Heggie's early truf-toe didn't help anything either.

Depending on who lines up Sat. night, they could improve greatly, or stink on ice. We shall see who plays and how it goes soon enough... o_O

The home team has the advantage, without a doubt.
Whichever team that can consistently run the ball, wins this game about 80% of the time.

IF, and I say IF,,, Franks sucks yet again and they don't at least try Trask and/or Jones, then I'm gonna go fishing every Saturday for the rest of the season... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT