ADVERTISEMENT

Urbans palpitations...

He had a health issue in 2009...truth.

Took an analyst job, but there is no proof he didn’t spend more time with family...plus, never said how long he would be out...truth.

The “broken” comment has been taken totally out of context and Urban has gone on record clarifying that. The “broken” comment was made in reference to the teams’ performance after the loss to FSU in 2010...no lie.

Urban might very-well be of questionable means and character, and people are free to hold whatever negative opinions of him that they want for a number of valid reasons.

But he never lied about leaving Florida. Not once. That is a myth.

Man...that's about as naive as it comes.

Come on. If coaching at a major program gives you heart problems, and it makes you supposedly want to get out of it so you can spend more time with your family, you don't immediately take another job (he didn't need an analyst position money) and then you certainly don't jump on the next big, high stress job that comes your way.

That's utterly ridiculous to believe any of that.

Either you believe that Meyer knew the program was broken and that he wanted to get out or you believe he didn't realize the state of the program was failing.

Which one do you think is true?

Btw, he told Muschampcthe program was broken AFTER he was out but still had an office there.

I don't understand defending him for blatantly trying to get out of the situation he built himself.

I threw it in so you would have something to respond to as we both know you couldn't handle the meat of that post.

If by “meat” you mean your own wild-ass speculation, stated as fact, there’s not a lot to respond to.

Your condemnation of Urban does raise a couple questions though:

First, have you forgotten that your own coach tucked his tail between his legs and lied his way out of his own loser when he got in over his head with the professionals?

Second, if you’re accusing Urb of fleeing the SEC to get to a situation where he could beat Bama, would you at least acknowledge that it worked, given his beatdown of Saban with a third string qb in 2015?

If by “meat” you mean your own wild-ass speculation, stated as fact, there’s not a lot to respond to.

Your condemnation of Urban does raise a couple questions though:

First, have you forgotten that your own coach tucked his tail between his legs and lied his way out of his own loser when he got in over his head with the professionals?

Second, if you’re accusing Urb of fleeing the SEC to get to a situation where he could beat Bama, would you at least acknowledge that it worked, given his beatdown of Saban with a third string qb in 2015?

I did forget the part about Saban, because that never happened.

Mal Moore went to Saban as soon as he fired Shula and offered him the Bama job. Saban said no, he wanted to stay in the NFL. Miami was in the hunt for the playoffs at the time.

Moore then went to Plan B, and started courting Rich Rod. Over the next couple of weeks, Miami's season went South, and that, coupled with being offered a top college job, got Saban to reconsider if he wanted to stay in the NFL.

Rich Rod ended up screwing Bama. Moore got back on a plane and flew to Miami to see Saban. He went to Saban's house and Miss Terry answered and told him that Nick wasn't there but he had already told him no so he was wasting his time. Moore asked Miss Terry if he could wait on Nick to get home, and added that "If I get on that plane without him, I'll lose my job". Mal got the meeting with Nick, and now that Miami's season was done, Nick was willing to listen to the same Bama offer that he wasn't, a month earlier.

As for your second point, do you realize that you're actually making MY point for me? If big games give Meyer heart attacks, why does he never seem to get them when he wins? And how is it that he got heart attacks going up against Saban every year in the SEC, but now that he's in the Big 10 with a much easier path to coaching and recruiting, suddenly the heart attacks are gone?

And yet.....he still loses games every year at Ohio State, usually he has one bad game a year, like he did yestiddy.

And miraculously....no heart attacks. I can freely admit that Meyer's plan to run away from Saban to save his own life worked if you can admit that Saban cures heart attacks because Meyer is suddenly in fabulous shape. LMAO!

Way back in 1999 I posted on another board that an 8 team playoff was needed. o_O

The Power-5 Conf. Champs, plus the next 3 highest ranked team, irregardless of conference or no Conf. independents. In that senerio, unlikely but possible, a single Conf. could have 4 teams make the playoffs.

And I said then, that the New Year's bowls should be used as the final playoff games, adjusted as needed. Nothing has happened since to change my mind on that.

100% - I'm even good with 16 teams...the other divisions in football do it (or at least use to lol)

Reactions: sadgator
100% - I'm even good with 16 teams...the other divisions in football do it (or at least use to lol)

I would be just fine with going back to the old bowl setup.

If you move to 16 teams, that means the 2 teams in the NC game will have to play 4 additional games. That means under the current system, they would play 17 games.

That's not going to happen. It means either the regular season will lose a couple of games, or the conference championship games will go away.

Which means we will have to make accommodations to have a 16-team playoffs. That probably means everyone loses a couple of SEC games a year. It could easily create a situation where Florida has to either start playing Georgia or Tennessee on a rotating basis, and not every year. Either scenario would suck. But the reality is that the academics would cry wolf and about abusement of STUDENT-athletes if we start playing the same schedule as the pros.

Like I said at the start, I actually preferred the old bowl setup. I liked the idea of having the #1 team vs the #4 team in one bowl and the #2 vs #3 in another. Every top bowl meant something and they all had a bearing on each other. If the #2 team and the #4 team wins, then every is left wondering who would be #1 the following day.

Now we have playoffs which are supposed to decide the matter. Well last year Bama beat Georgia, and what does UCF do? Claim a National Championship anyway.

I dunno, growing up, New Year's Day bowls meant something, it was the Super Bowl of college football. Now, it's not even worth watching unless your team is playing that day.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
I did forget the part about Saban, because that never happened.

Mal Moore went to Saban as soon as he fired Shula and offered him the Bama job. Saban said no, he wanted to stay in the NFL. Miami was in the hunt for the playoffs at the time.

Moore then went to Plan B, and started courting Rich Rod. Over the next couple of weeks, Miami's season went South, and that, coupled with being offered a top college job, got Saban to reconsider if he wanted to stay in the NFL.

Rich Rod ended up screwing Bama. Moore got back on a plane and flew to Miami to see Saban. He went to Saban's house and Miss Terry answered and told him that Nick wasn't there but he had already told him no so he was wasting his time. Moore asked Miss Terry if he could wait on Nick to get home, and added that "If I get on that plane without him, I'll lose my job". Mal got the meeting with Nick, and now that Miami's season was done, Nick was willing to listen to the same Bama offer that he wasn't, a month earlier.

As for your second point, do you realize that you're actually making MY point for me? If big games give Meyer heart attacks, why does he never seem to get them when he wins? And how is it that he got heart attacks going up against Saban every year in the SEC, but now that he's in the Big 10 with a much easier path to coaching and recruiting, suddenly the heart attacks are gone?

And yet.....he still loses games every year at Ohio State, usually he has one bad game a year, like he did yestiddy.

And miraculously....no heart attacks. I can freely admit that Meyer's plan to run away from Saban to save his own life worked if you can admit that Saban cures heart attacks because Meyer is suddenly in fabulous shape. LMAO!

So, even according to your version of events, which sounds like it was written by Saban’s personal pr stooge, and which has probably replaced To Kill A Mockingbird as required reading in Alabama high schools, Saban was committed to his NFL job when they were “in the hunt for a playoff spot” (and who isn’t in the NFL), but as soon as he finished steering his team into the ditch and realized he was out of his league, he jumped ship to the Bama job.

So, even according to your version of events, which sounds like it was written by Saban’s personal pr stooge, and which has probably replaced To Kill A Mockingbird as required reading in Alabama high schools, Saban was committed to his NFL job when they were “in the hunt for a playoff spot” (and who isn’t in the NFL), but as soon as he finished steering his team into the ditch and realized he was out of his league, he jumped ship to the Bama job.

Feel free to google it as the story of how Bama landed Saban is well documented.

And Saban was a terrible NFL coach. Glad he wised up and came back to where he was great. Saban made a dumb choice and it burned LSU and saved Bama. It happens, Spurrier made the same mistake, it burned Florida and saved South Carolina.

Right except for the two national titles we won, one of which we trampled ‘Bama on the way to with our best player watching on the sidelines.

And the Ron Zook years? You know....the years that happened only because Spurrier made the same mistake of thinking he could win in the NFL? How many NCs did you win in those years?

Answer: Fewer than you would have if Spurrier had stayed.

Urban didn’t leave because Florida was broke. Florida broke because Urban left. And contrary to what many believe, Urban “left” in 2009, not 2010.

Urban didn’t leave for any other reasons than those he publically stated....and those conspiracy theory Gator fans who think he did make insta and his alien theories seem rationale by comparison.

But the fact remains that he never lied about leaving...and if he did, it was only for Florida’s benefit...

Don’t care why Urban left that’s been best to death already. Bottom line is Foley ****ed the program, he’s to blame. Coming off Meyer we were the it school and he had a chance to build on that and decided to hire a first time HC. Then compounded that by letting facilities go to shit and holding on to that first time HC a season longer than he had to when it was obvious to everybody but him he needed a change. Then he ran out to Colorado and hired Mac without even interviewing anybody else because he’s the smartest guy in the room as per usual. Foley broke Florida’s program.

Urban didn’t leave because Florida was broke. Florida broke because Urban left. And contrary to what many believe, Urban “left” in 2009, not 2010.

Urban didn’t leave for any other reasons than those he publically stated....and those conspiracy theory Gator fans who think he did make insta and his alien theories seem rationale by comparison.

But the fact remains that he never lied about leaving...and if he did, it was only for Florida’s benefit...

Bro...love you...but what are you talking about?

He started star chasing and getting lax with his player development and LITERALLY told Muschamp when he got there, and Meyer still had an office down the hall, that the program was broken.

I mean...you may not like it...but it is what it is.

And it's not a conspiracy. Meyer knew exactly what he was going to have in 2010. Two TEs and a non-mobile QB that all played QB for him.

He knew what was coming. Guy hedges his bets on winning titles in 3-4 years and it didn't happen.

It's not sour grapes really, and not even conspiracy (mostly) its just looking at the events and the facts and coming to the most logical conclusion.

Pitiful little attention beggar, kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again.
Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.
BothTotally Clueless and Boring is any ugly combination.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Bro...love you...but what are you talking about?

He started star chasing and getting lax with his player development and LITERALLY told Muschamp when he got there, and Meyer still had an office down the hall, that the program was broken.

I mean...you may not like it...but it is what it is.

And it's not a conspiracy. Meyer knew exactly what he was going to have in 2010. Two TEs and a non-mobile QB that all played QB for him.

He knew what was coming. Guy hedges his bets on winning titles in 3-4 years and it didn't happen.

It's not sour grapes really, and not even conspiracy (mostly) its just looking at the events and the facts and coming to the most logical conclusion.
We’ll agree to disagree...

But Meyer gave us Mullen...

And we both agree that Mullen is doin’ good work...

That is all that matters now...

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Yikes...now who's the pathetic stalker?

No one was talking to your sweetie.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

sadgator loves the fact that Mullen comes from the bad ass edgy Urban coaching tree rather than the Saban tree...

We have always been a little different from the rest of the league in our program persona and style, and we were never going to beat Saban (or the rest of the league copycats) by trying to be him...

sadgator didn’t recognize Florida as “his” team under Mus or Mac...seven games into the Mullen era and it feels familiar again...

@Dannygator1989

Addressing your point where you said Urban left us with a pocket passer and two TE's at QB.

1. At least Burton and Reed were athletic enough to actually move to another position and pretty much excel at it. Having a Burton who could play TE, FB, RB, and WC QB was very valuable. Jordan Reed was basically our entire receiving game in 2012.

2. You forgot about Tyler Murphy. That guy actually overachieved and ended up in the NFL. He's going to be playing for Spurrier's Orlando team this season.

3. Jeff Driskel was a Urban recruit. I think Meyer and staff would have gotten Driskel serviceable like Mullen has done with Franks.

Back to point #1. The Meyer guys were at least serviceable at other positions. QB's like Morenwig, Applbee, Luke Del Rio, Max Staver, Clarabelle, and whatever other rag tag QB's Mc and Mus brought in were pretty much useless as QB's and anywhere else on the field.

Point #3. If Meyer or staff could not have developed him into a QB he could have went the same route as Cornelius Ingram, Jordan Reed, or Trey Burton. I always wondered why Muschamp didn't move Driskel to TE or RB.

I never understood the Brantley situation. Square peg, round hole. I guess it was a legacy scholarship situation.

@Dannygator1989

Addressing your point where you said Urban left us with a pocket passer and two TE's at QB.

1. At least Burton and Reed were athletic enough to actually move to another position and pretty much excel at it. Having a Burton who could play TE, FB, RB, and WC QB was very valuable. Jordan Reed was basically our entire receiving game in 2012.

2. You forgot about Tyler Murphy. That guy actually overachieved and ended up in the NFL. He's going to be playing for Spurrier's Orlando team this season.

3. Jeff Driskel was a Urban recruit. I think Meyer and staff would have gotten Driskel serviceable like Mullen has done with Franks.

Back to point #1. The Meyer guys were at least serviceable at other positions. QB's like Morenwig, Applbee, Luke Del Rio, Max Staver, Clarabelle, and whatever other rag tag QB's Mc and Mus brought in were pretty much useless as QB's and anywhere else on the field.

Point #3. If Meyer or staff could not have developed him into a QB he could have went the same route as Cornelius Ingram, Jordan Reed, or Trey Burton. I always wondered why Muschamp didn't move Driskel to TE or RB.

I never understood the Brantley situation. Square peg, round hole. I guess it was a legacy scholarship situation.

I'm sorry, I was making the point that when Urban had his heart scare at the end of 2009, he also knew that the next year he would be losing all of the remaining 06 guys, especially Tebow, leaving his QB position as Burton, Reed and Brantley for 2010.

I don't disagree with what you said though.

I'm not sure how many remember, but Meyer had claimed before hand that, basically, he was such an offensive genius, that he would completely retool and adapt the offense to suit Brantley.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I'm sorry, (and that's a given).

I'm not sure how many remember, but Meyer had claimed before hand that, basically, he was such an offensive genius, that he would completely retool and adapt the offense to suit Brantley.

While some 'know it all's' easily forget what they don't choose to acknowledge. :cool:

Alabama linebacker Courtney Upshaw took him down hard on a sack with 35 seconds left in the first half, and Brantley’s right knee bent forcefully at the end of the play. As two UF trainers helped him off the field, he was unable to put any weight on his right leg.

Brantley could not comeback to the sidelines, even as a spectator.

He completed his first four passes for 113 yards, and finished 11 of 16 (75.6%) for 190 yards with a TD and a FG.

John was never the same after that injury... o_O

Last edited:
While some that 'know it all's' easily forget what they don't choose to acknowledge. :cool:

Alabama linebacker Courtney Upshaw took him down hard on a sack with 35 seconds left in the first half, and Brantley’s right knee bent forcefully at the end of the play. As two UF trainers helped him off the field, he was unable to put any weight on his right leg.

Brantley could not comeback to the sidelines, even as a spectator.

He completed his first four passes for 113 yards, and finished 11 of 16 (75.6%) for 190 yards with a TD and a FG.

John was never the same after that injury... o_O
I do remember that very clearly. However that was in Weis's offense. Brantley just didn't fit well in Meyer'' offense. Some will say I'm crazy but I think a healthy Brantley in a Charlie Weis offense would have led us to a real good season.

Reactions: instaGATOR
In 100 years of football before Urban the Gators won 1 NC, in Urban's 6 years they won 2, the fact that you losers hate on him is ridiculous

And that doesn't change that he faked a medical issue because he knew he couldn't compete with Saban without massive material support increases from the university, which was never going to happen while Foley was the AD and Machen was the president. He should have just admitted that and moved along. Combine that lack of honesty with his handling of the wife beating situation and you get a guy with a very unattractive personality.

Do I appreciate the titles, you bet. Would I want Urban Meyer back here, not freaking ever, not in any capacity. The man is a dirtbag.

If you didn’t see this story on GameDay, you need to watch it...

Not to take away from the goofing on Urban, but man, if you don’t believe in a higher power, things like this just make you question everything...

As you said, it puts life into perspective. You never know. I wanted Purdue to win but, after seeing his story on GameDay it made me root even more for the BoilMakers.

I watch WWE, I know it’s fake. One of its performers Roman Reigns, whose real name is Joe Anoa’i, was the Universal Champion and came out to start Monday Night Raw Like it was a normal show until he got real serious and said that his real name is Joe and since he was 22 ( He’s 33 now ) he’s been battling Leukemia. It was in remission but, just came back. Here is this big strong man who is now in the fight of his life AGAIN. Just shows you can have fame, money and seem to be in good health and strong as a Bull and it all can change suddenly.

Life is to short. Kiss your love ones and never leave or go to bed angry.

Reactions: instaGATOR
And that doesn't change that he faked a medical issue because he knew he couldn't compete with Saban without massive material support increases from the university, which was never going to happen while Foley was the AD and Machen was the president. He should have just admitted that and moved along. Combine that lack of honesty with his handling of the wife beating situation and you get a guy with a very unattractive personality.

Do I appreciate the titles, you bet. Would I want Urban Meyer back here, not freaking ever, not in any capacity. The man is a dirtbag.

Wasn't Zach Smith's recent charges dropped yesterday Brett? :confused:

OJ was found not guilty of murder too, legal system isn't perfect.
Ah ya ya! But NBS mom never thought she was lying about domestic violence. Urban didn't do it, the assistant never got arrested until right near the end for "criminal trespassing" for dropping his children off. Urban should have immediately fired the dude because the wife sent Shelly some photos?

I never wanted to touch this story and really never did but I have to laugh at you baby dolls instantly jumping on the dude before hearing all sides. Captain Save a Hoe's.

Ah ya ya! But NBS mom never thought she was lying about domestic violence. Urban didn't do it, the assistant never got arrested until right near the end for "criminal trespassing" for dropping his children off. Urban should have immediately fired the dude because the wife sent Shelly some photos?

I never wanted to touch this story and really never did but I have to laugh at you baby dolls instantly jumping on the dude before hearing all sides. Captain Save a Hoe's.

Let's be fair here, some pics of here carrying an ass whoopin.

Let's be fair here, some pics of here carrying an ass whoopin.
Of stuff that didn't have the police make a report, that didn't convince her own mother, and nothing that made Shelly speak up.

Nowadays isn't like the old days. The police will haul anybody's ass into jail if they think it's warranted on a domestic violence situation.

You want to pin it all on Urban. Not Shelly, not the police, not her own mother...but Urban. I do think Urban is a shady guy but this isn't on him. This was a position coach, not anything irreplaceable. Not a coordinator. Not Dan Mullen, Charlie Strong, Tom Herman, etc.

sadgator will admit that after the whole Smith thing, sadgator’s opinion of Urban definitely took a serious hit...

He is not a good guy, he is shady, and he is a bit of a weirdo...

He 100% cover up stuff he should have addressed as an authority figure...

But as Florida’s coach, he was a total ass kicker...and he never did anything to our program other than help it...

And for that, sadgator will be forever grateful to him...

Saying that is just as silly as saying that he did nothing wrong.

Oh that's the point - it is ridiculous. The people that say Urban faked heart palpitations outnumber folks that say he did nothing wrong 20-1. It's really a commentary on the online fans.

That's where the jilted lover thing came in.

1. Spurrier didn't fail in the NFL, he left the NFL on his own because the 'Snake' Snyder was an arrogant failure as an NFL team owner. Very rich, but stupid about football. (see post-SOS outcome)

2. Zook was not a failure at UF, he was just not good enough to keep the job, (8-5, 8-5, 7-4 = 23-14) He then went to 2-10 ILL and took them to the Rose Bowl in 2007.

3. Meyer/Mullen took over after just 3 years of Zook and won 2 SEC-C's and 2 NC's.
Mullen left after 08, and Tebow after 09. 2010 Meyer without them went 8-5, then 7-6, then gonzo... And yes, Meyer left the program with internal team problems and the beginnings of a dumpster fire.
No amount of 'sad-mouthing' is going to change reality, nor make the UFO's cease to exist...:rolleyes:

4. Mullen is now back,,, and so are the Gators... :p
(while Meyer is again doing his school/team ruination thingy elsewhere)

Last edited:
Oh that's the point - it is ridiculous. The people that say Urban faked heart palpitations outnumber folks that say he did nothing wrong 20-1. It's really a commentary on the online fans.

That's where the jilted lover thing came in.

I don't doubt he had palpitations.

Hell, it's 3 hours before kickoff and my blood pressure is already through the roof...from sitting on the couch stressing and drinking a beer...

But I do think he used it as an excuse to get out of a situation he didn't want to be a part of anymore.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT