ADVERTISEMENT

UK Depth Chart

KellKat

Baby Gator
Sep 11, 2017
Here is our depth chart as of Monday, September 18th. You guys have any predictions for this game?
florida-depth.jpg

I have watched you guys play some. I was impressed how good you seemed to be at stopping the run and the defense looked pretty good overall. On offense you just seemed to be a pretty conservative team compared to last season but with our offense looking so poor that might not be a bad thing for this game. Not sure if it was the uniforms or not but the LBs seemed like they were a little on the light side.

As of right now I think this is a 50/50 game with it being on the road.

The defense has surprised a lot of people, and its really because the new DC has simplified the defense and the schemes. The offense is playing a bit conservative this year, and I think its because they want long-sustained drives that keeps the opposing offense off the field. Gran isn't calling any flashy plays, and it has limited turnovers and keeps the TOP in our favor. The linebackers are a bit small, but they're very quick and somewhat shifty.

The defense has surprised a lot of people, and its really because the new DC has simplified the defense and the schemes. The offense is playing a bit conservative this year, and I think its because they want long-sustained drives that keeps the opposing offense off the field. Gran isn't calling any flashy plays, and it has limited turnovers and keeps the TOP in our favor. The linebackers are a bit small, but they're very quick and somewhat shifty.

How do you see this game going?

How do you see this game going?
Its hard to say. I'm confident in the team's ability to win, but that's troublesome because we haven't played as tough of an opponent as you guys yet. I feel like our offense could either be completely ineffective against a good defense, or perfect enough that we win by a small margin. History has our number, and it seems like when we get confident, our team decides to "Kentucky Football" themselves and ends up getting blown out. It would be fantastic to win because this streak is older than I am (and I was born a Georgia fan but went to UK for undergrad, so there's also that coming into play). But, I'll keep holding my breath until that clock reads 0:00.

This depth chart tells me Jordan Jones is out? If so, I know Eli Brown played well against USC but he's UK arguably UK best defensive player and a big loss for the 2nd week.

This depth chart tells me Jordan Jones is out? If so, I know Eli Brown played well against USC but he's UK arguably UK best defensive player and a big loss for the 2nd week.
He is doubtful to play. Eli did well, so we shall see if he can repeat what he did last week.

Im sure their defense surprised some people, against Southern Miss, EASTERN kentucky, and Muschamps offense minus their only threat... I'd bet that's gonna "surprise" a lot of people against those teams units

UK's QB is very limited in his passing ability, if our Defense can play fast and rush the passer with some of those blitzes, and stay fresh and quick downhill to get after the QB on speed rushes that likes to get twinkle toes and take off before staying with it and going through all his progressions before being triggered to pull it down and his head down from the WR's in the coverages, we can have success against him... USC was doing it for a long time too before the blow of losing the best no their team by FAR and with speed and only one to stretch the field for them, or un flip field position from his special teams touchdowns... He's had 2 or 3 already and scored on the very first play of the game against UK before their only threat of pushing the ball down on teams to respect vertically... Once he was gone, USC looked and went right back to a usual bone dry anemic zero imagination or having a plan for how or what they want to use to attack a defense

I see Muschamp allowing them to win again and letting Stoops have his only winning record against another SEC opponent at like 3 or 4 wins and one loss against them now vs USC since his time at UK for (four?) years... This has caused their ticket prices to jump up from last week when I was gonna wait and assume that at home in an all Sand Storm home Blackout home season opener, especially after winning their first two games on the road against NC STate better than them and somehow won, and then @ Mizzou in a conference game, which looks like nothing now after just how AWFUL mizzou is getting about shut out by Purdue... Muschamp could take care of them and not have them undefeated coming in as a huge night game and now it's selling out making the tickets more than I could have had last week since they are so interested in going now, finally wanna show up and have record breaking sell out for night games... This has happened at every UF game iv'e gone to over the last 6 years...

Im sure their defense surprised some people, against Southern Miss, EASTERN kentucky, and Muschamps offense minus their only threat... I'd bet that's gonna "surprise" a lot of people against those teams units

UK's QB is very limited in his passing ability, if our Defense can play fast and rush the passer with some of those blitzes, and stay fresh and quick downhill to get after the QB on speed rushes that likes to get twinkle toes and take off before staying with it and going through all his progressions before being triggered to pull it down and his head down from the WR's in the coverages, we can have success against him... USC was doing it for a long time too before the blow of losing the best no their team by FAR and with speed and only one to stretch the field for them, or un flip field position from his special teams touchdowns... He's had 2 or 3 already and scored on the very first play of the game against UK before their only threat of pushing the ball down on teams to respect vertically... Once he was gone, USC looked and went right back to a usual bone dry anemic zero imagination or having a plan for how or what they want to use to attack a defense

I see Muschamp allowing them to win again and letting Stoops have his only winning record against another SEC opponent at like 3 or 4 wins and one loss against them now vs USC since his time at UK for (four?) years... This has caused their ticket prices to jump up from last week when I was gonna wait and assume that at home in an all Sand Storm home Blackout home season opener, especially after winning their first two games on the road against NC STate better than them and somehow won, and then @ Mizzou in a conference game, which looks like nothing now after just how AWFUL mizzou is getting about shut out by Purdue... Muschamp could take care of them and not have them undefeated coming in as a huge night game and now it's selling out making the tickets more than I could have had last week since they are so interested in going now, finally wanna show up and have record breaking sell out for night games... This has happened at every UF game iv'e gone to over the last 6 years...
I'm not trying to be a prick, but I can't understand what you're saying sir.

1) Muschamps best player only missed half of the fourth quarter.
2) the entire last run on paragraph reads like pizzagate turning the frogs gay.

I'm trying to figure out his conspiracy though. Why would Muschamp allow Kentucky to win just to increase Kentucky ticket sales. I mean I'm sure Champ is a swell guy but someone with his job security isn't just gonna help Kentucky sell more hotdogs.

But I want to believe.

No conspiracy is so easily mapped out, they gave up too many points and barely beat Southern miss, won by one score against Eastern kentucky, and another bad South Carolina team obviously.. or else it just wouldn't have happened

UK defense is still nothing special, nor is their QB or offense...

Not sure about KY but I think this Gator team is not a lock against hardly anyone now that the defense has dropped off it appears. If we don't have a turnover advantage I think a team like KY could pull the upset.

No conspiracy is so easily mapped out, they gave up too many points and barely beat Southern miss, won by one score against Eastern kentucky, and another bad South Carolina team obviously.. or else it just wouldn't have happened

UK defense is still nothing special, nor is their QB or offense...
That defense has better stats than your defense sir. And SJ isn't spectacular, but he's been getting the job done. The offense isn't designed to be flashy; its extremely conservative and it uses runs and dink-and-dunk passing to chew clock. The goals for this team are to grind it out, keep opposing offenses off the field, take away big gains from the opposing offense, limit turnovers, and chew clock. Thats why those wins weren't pretty wins.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I would assume UF will win this game just like always. Isn't it like a 30 game win streak?

Umm, you guys have played Sothern Miss, Eastern Kentucky, and South Muschamplina, excuse me if I'm not impressed

Umm, you guys have played Sothern Miss, Eastern Kentucky, and South Muschamplina, excuse me if I'm not impressed
Well it has indeed surprised a couple of national experts, and the stats would back that up. I respect your opinion, and we shall see what they can do this Saturday. I'm hoping for a great game :)

@46885 UK was dominating USC long before deebo left the game. In fact, their only real sustained drive came after he was injured when uk played off the wrs and let them have 3-5 yard passes every down.

UK is 10-4 since johnson took over as starter at qb. Not elite by any means, but definitely showing the kind of progress that us UK fans would like to see. I also think johnson is a very underrated qb. 15 td to 7 int in his career (again, not elite but solid) who has enough escapability to make defenses have to honor his running ability (7+ yards per carry).

I think Florida's defense has looked below average to poor this season so far. Same thing for the offense. I think if both teams play like they did last Saturday UK wins by 4-7 points. But 30 out of my 34 years on this earth, UK has lost to Florida, so I will believe it when I see it.

I am curious to see if KY's defense plays back some again like they did with SC since those were the only types of passes we threw against Tenn until that last second bomb or if they will be more aggressive against us. Not sure how KY played defense against the pass in their first 2 games.

I am curious to see if KY's defense plays back some again like they did with SC since those were the only types of passes we threw against Tenn until that last second bomb or if they will be more aggressive against us. Not sure how KY played defense against the pass in their first 2 games.
USM and Southern Miss was mostly man coverage, a lot of press coverage. The focus was on stopping the run. For some reason we went zone heavy against South Carolina.

USM and Southern Miss was mostly man coverage, a lot of press coverage. The focus was on stopping the run. For some reason we went zone heavy against South Carolina.

Thanks. Maybe the defense will mix and match this game knowing we have a new QB playing on the road. I would doubt you give us as much cushion as you gave South Carolina.

All I know is that U.K. sucked in their first 2 games of the season. They were losing to Eastern Kentucky for most of the game and even got lucky as EKU fumbled inside the 5-10 yard line once when they were already ahead.

Lots of boos during that game but now they are great again so all is good.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
All I know is that U.K. sucked in their first 2 games of the season. They were losing to Eastern Kentucky for most of the game and even got lucky as EKU fumbled inside the 5-10 yard line once when they were already ahead.

Hopefully their luck doesn't return against us Saturday night.

EKU actually gave it to them twice down there

So does controlling the game completely against a 2-0 USC team on the road not negate struggling against eku at home?

So does controlling the game completely against a 2-0 USC team on the road not negate struggling against eku at home?
Really not sure what you're looking for here Crazy. The obvious answer from Florida posters is going to be no because South Carolina sucks and South Carolina hasn't beaten anyone either. Now you and I both watched us come out flat against EKU and play emotionless football for a half, it is what it is. Its something we certainly cant afford to do against an SEC opponent like Florida.

Reactions: ukalum1988
You mean the same USC team you guys have actually beaten 4 times in a row? USCjr should be flat out embarrassed that they have lost 4 in a row to UK

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT