ADVERTISEMENT

UF - LSU game thread

LB Johnson shook off the block and grabbed the RB's left leg, while DE Sherit grabbed his right leg. Between them they kept him from plunging over the goal line, along with the DL's great penetration.

A GREAT ENTIRE TEAM EFFORT has paid off for the SWEETEST Gator win in a while. GGooooooooooooooooooooGATORS! :)

I know some may disagree....but we've got some serious young talent on this roster. Not many blue-chippers as far as rankings go; but it's obvious they are being coached up!

And/or the recruiting services are not as dependable as the coaches are at assessing the talent that will work well at UF. ;)

Very impressed with the effort today. Hope they have enough in the tank to beat the Noles.

Most awesome display of defense in long time! Hats off!
Linda_Ronstadt_Blue_Bayou_single_cover.jpg

If I'd had to choose between a win and a loss, I'd take a win over LSU by 1,000%, over a win vs reFSUcks any day, any time. The SEC is important, while reFSUcks is not, or not much anyway... :rolleyes:

But this win doesn't prevent them from also puttin' a whoopin' on the crinimoles out on Ron Zook field at joke-shambles stadium, for a little regular season icing on that SECe-C cake... :cool:

Reactions: 46885
I'm sure the wonderful LSU fans who visited the board in September will be coming back to congratulate the Gators on the upset win.

Reactions: instaGATOR
LB Johnson shook off the block and grabbed the RB's left leg, while DE Sherit grabbed his right leg. Between them they kept him from plunging over the goal line, along with the DL's great penetration.

A GREAT ENTIRE TEAM EFFORT has paid off for the SWEETEST Gator win in a while. GGooooooooooooooooooooGATORS! :)

It was FS Marcell Harris, not LB Kylan Johnson that was in on that final play leg tackle. My mistake Marcell, :oops: and another great game for you! Ole Mud's certainly proud of the way you've played, and I'm pretty happy about it myself. :) (26 and 28 can be mixed up pretty easy and both have been making a lot of great plays) :cool:
==============

The Gator's win over the bayou pussy cats came on 16 points from guys that wll be back.
K Eddy Pineiro rsSo 10 pts - Miami
WR Tyrie Cleveland Fr 6 pts - Jacksonville/Houston.
Pineiro for 2 more years and Cleveland for 3, barring either leaving early for the NFL.

And speaking of young guys that wll be back, 2nd year Gator head coach Jim McElwain became the first coach in conference history to lead his team to the league championship game in his first two seasons. :p (just another terrible Foley hire for sure...) :rolleyes:

Marcell made an unbelievable anticipation tackle on that final play, giving Sherit time to help out to stop the RB's momentum. I'm a huge Marcus Maye fan, but he would not have had the speed to make that tackle.

Great game young defense!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT