ADVERTISEMENT

UF Baseball embarrassing act

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
Refusing to take the field becuz they were down. Promoting quitting to the young kids attending the games is not a good look. UF, you better than that

Reactions: Dr. Nole
Refusing to take the field becuz they were down. Promoting quitting to the young kids attending the games is not a good look. UF, you better than that
You've got to be this guy...it is the only explanation...

Abe+Froman.jpg

Reactions: nail1988
Just admit that it was a mistake. Take the high road. I admit when we are wrong. Im not sure if we ever quit a game. Is there any logical explanation/spin that u would like to give me?

Did no one learn anything from LSU and all the ignorant american fans?

Do we really need to finish the game with them pissing us off so we can have the first 8 run rally deficit of the season? lol

because that's probably what would happen the more they piss and moan about making this meaningless game up

Apparently, no one learned a thing from the LSU situation because people are looking at this to cry about that and continue it again.. Funny i didn't hear a WORD from any of the fans after we took it to LSU playing a home game IN TIGER STADIUM.. And it wasn't just lsu fans, it was EVERY fanbase in the SEC And around the country, I saw everyone from Buckeye fans to Vandy fans talking shit about us during that few weeks. Never heard a thing after it plugging them at the one to take them out.

Just admit that it was a mistake. Take the high road. I admit when we are wrong. Im not sure if we ever quit a game. Is there any logical explanation/spin that u would like to give me?

Admit what was a mistake? Not wanting to come back after midnight to play 5 innings? On a weeknight? Not wanting to screw up the rotation for the SEC Tourney?

If UF had been ahead by 10, they would not have done one thing differently, and you know it.

Did no one learn anything from LSU and all the ignorant american fans?

Do we really need to finish the game with them pissing us off so we can have the first 8 run rally deficit of the season? lol

because that's probably what would happen the more they piss and moan about making this meaningless game up

Apparently, no one learned a thing from the LSU situation because people are looking at this to cry about that and continue it again.. Funny i didn't hear a WORD from any of the fans after we took it to LSU playing a home game IN TIGER STADIUM.. And it wasn't just lsu fans, it was EVERY fanbase in the SEC And around the country, I saw everyone from Buckeye fans to Vandy fans talking shit about us during that few weeks. Never heard a thing after it plugging them at the one to take them out.

Its sad that u claim to play ball and then think its okay to quit becuz u havent come back b4. If only the cavs had that mentality last year. Or the red sox when they were down 3-0. Its pathetic. Its not a gator thing, its a quit becuz ur losing thing. It pisses me off becuz all it does it teach kids to quit when they are not winning. As far as the LSU thing, i was proud of the gators for not only playing the game but playin it IN tiger stadium. Now granted they did this becuz they realize that season is over so they are setting up for the future but still mad props for doing that. Quitting becuz ur down? Pathetic. Coach should be fired/suspended/fined or whatever

Let me guess....everyone gets a trophy tho right?

Admit what was a mistake? Not wanting to come back after midnight to play 5 innings? On a weeknight? Not wanting to screw up the rotation for the SEC Tourney?

If UF had been ahead by 10, they would not have done one thing differently, and you know it.

They would 100 percent have come back on the field. Take the name off the front of the jersey and u agree with me and u know it. Its pathetic and disgraceful. U know it and i know it. Its not about gates vs noles on this one. Its about the most basic understanding of competition.

you getting way too brave on a Gator board with how you are approaching everyone now, you've called the Gators pussies and me a liar all in a span of two posts.

you getting way too brave on a Gator board with how you are approaching everyone now, you've called the Gators pussies and me a liar all in a span of two posts.

This is a sad world where BONG gets banned, but fsu939913 gets to fart up the board, for months on end, with his witless trolling.

What? Im saying take the name off the front of the jersey. Idc who it is, u dont quit in the middle of a game. Had fsu done this i would have ripped them too. Im fair across the board. You call me a liar on a day to day basis. But im not allowed to question whether u outran cj spiller NFL combine time while u were in high school? Lol jesus u have some ego i will give u that. Just because you dont like something doesnt mean its wrong. You might need a "safe space" ;)

This is a sad world where BONG gets banned, but fsu939913 gets to fart up the board, for months on end, with his witless trolling.

Im not trolling at all. Name one thing i posted in here that is not a fact. Just one. You may not like the facts but they are facts.

They would 100 percent have come back on the field. Take the name off the front of the jersey and u agree with me and u know it. Its pathetic and disgraceful. U know it and i know it. Its not about gates vs noles on this one. Its about the most basic understanding of competition.

They would not have come back after midnight to play 5 more innings and been done after 2 AM. I don't know what things are like for athletes at FSU, but at UF, they ATTEND CLASSES.

Game was stopped because of lightening, not rain. All people were called off the field, so the tarp was not applied immediately, especially with lightening striking.

Then the downpour came and the tarp was finally applied.

When it stopped raining, the lightening was still in the area, causing another 25 minute delay each time it struck inside the danger circle, per the rules. o_O

BOTH coaches agreed to not continue the game into the early hours of the morning.

Not rescheduling a totally meaningless game in May was the correct decision imo.

Mad-Hatters or others can kiss our butts if they don't like how it went down. In fact, I'd have been fine with giving them the 'default' win, instead of continuing that game or rescheduling it.

Another BIG 2-Do about nuttin'.... :rolleyes:

They would not have come back after midnight to play 5 more innings and been done after 2 AM. I don't know what things are like for athletes at FSU, but at UF, they ATTEND CLASSES.

I know that is always not the case tho. Some athletes dont attend all their classes and it is an excused absence. The other team had class the next day and they didnt refuse. I get that it wasnt a conference game, not a playoff game but the other team wanted to take the field. I agree there should be some ncaa rule that if a game gets delayed they cant restart after a certain time. I would agree to that. I dont agree with not taking the field when the umpires and other team is tho. If this was fsu, u would blast us for it. I get what ur saying and i understand ur reasons but the o ly thing i dont like is that the other team and umpires were ready and UF said no. I think they said no becuz they didnt think they would come back and its not worth it if they cant. When we were getting bum raped by Oregon in the cfp. I felt like fsu laid down and wuit and i was pissed about it. Yeah we still walked out there but jus gave up. It inferiates me when i see this at a pro or college level. I will concede that the ncaa should have a rule precluding delayed games starting later but as of right now i dont think a rule exists. If one does, i am ignorant to it and will apologize and change the name of the thread to fsu numbers went full potato in here, come take a look

Game was stopped because of lightening, not rain. All people were called off the field, so the tarp was not applied immediately, especially with lightening striking.

Then the downpour came and the tarp was finally applied.

When it stopped raining, the lightening was still in the area, causing another 25 minute delay each time it struck inside the danger circle, per the rules. o_O

BOTH coaches agreed to not continue the game into the early hours of the morning.

Not rescheduling a totally meaningless game in May was the correct decision imo.

Mad-Hatters or others can kiss our butts if they don't like how it went down. In fact, I'd have been fine with giving them the 'default' win, instead of continuing that game or rescheduling it.

Another BIG 2-Do about nuttin'.... :rolleyes:

From everything i have heard the other coaches wanted to continue

From everything i have heard the other coaches wanted to continue

im sure stetsons or whoever it was managers would have stayed out there with the bishop in a tropical storm from caddyshack because they actually had a lead on a big name school.

I know that is always not the case tho. Some athletes dont attend all their classes and it is an excused absence. The other team had class the next day and they didnt refuse. I get that it wasnt a conference game, not a playoff game but the other team wanted to take the field. I agree there should be some ncaa rule that if a game gets delayed they cant restart after a certain time. I would agree to that. I dont agree with not taking the field when the umpires and other team is tho. If this was fsu, u would blast us for it. I get what ur saying and i understand ur reasons but the o ly thing i dont like is that the other team and umpires were ready and UF said no. I think they said no becuz they didnt think they would come back and its not worth it if they cant. When we were getting bum raped by Oregon in the cfp. I felt like fsu laid down and wuit and i was pissed about it. Yeah we still walked out there but jus gave up. It inferiates me when i see this at a pro or college level. I will concede that the ncaa should have a rule precluding delayed games starting later but as of right now i dont think a rule exists. If one does, i am ignorant to it and will apologize and change the name of the thread to fsu numbers went full potato in here, come take a look

UF cancelled the game because "the rain and lightning was supposed to continue through the night". The game was in LIGHTNING delay, not rain delay. The rain stopping was not relevant. It doesn't matter if Stetson coaches wanted to continue, there was no way to continue.

As for the other, UF isn't going to screw up the rotation going into tournament time for a game that means less than nothing. Note that Stetson didn't ask to come in at an earlier time, it's not like teams play games every day. We could have probably squeezed them in on a Tuesday, but the only days THEY wanted were too close to the tourney. So don't tell me about how desperately they wanted this game to be complete, I don't see it.

Actually, JD locked things up pretty tight after the BONG incident, then disappeared with the keys.
I think that is what I said, save for the part where JD took the keys.

I am not sad to see JD or Homer go. Both were way, way too anal about things. But one thing they did do well was banning the crap out of FSU fans whose sole purpose was to annoy Florida fans with their repeated passive, aggressive behavior.

The new mod, along with passover, seems to let a lot of things go. Which has been by-in-large welcome.

Reactions: instaGATOR
I think that is what I said, save for the part where JD took the keys.

I am not sad to see JD or Homer go. Both were way, way too anal about things. But one thing they did do well was banning the crap out of FSU fans whose sole purpose was to annoy Florida fans with their repeated passive, aggressive behavior.

The new mod, along with passover, seems to let a lot of things go. Which has been by-in-large welcome.

I have no passive aggressive behavior towards florida. I actually want florida to do well. Im not one of the crazies where i want to see my rivals go 0 and 50 every year. I want u guys to win every game except against fsu in football. The rest i hope u guys do well. No "hate" from me.

One of my fav non fsu games was when u blew ohio state out of the water. Work with a guy who is an ohio state fan and he is unbearable. Was so glad to see that long face for awhile lol

I have no passive aggressive behavior towards florida. I actually want florida to do well. Im not one of the crazies where i want to see my rivals go 0 and 50 every year.

Most people think you area a troll. At first, I thought you were Gecko, as he has done this kind of thing in the past. But your behavior is too crude and superficial for him

I am beginning to think you are a Cane troll.

Most people think you area a troll. At first, I thought you were Gecko, as he has done this kind of thing in the past. But your behavior is too crude and superficial for him

Well, how many times do you want to be wrong? I told u from day one. Its actually in my name lol Why cant i just be an fsu fan? What makes you think otherwise? Have you been duped that many times that you always think someone is out to get you. I just never understood the, your someone else thing. Its mind bottling. I would meet u in real life at a game if u wanted

Most people are not that smart. The funny thing is, i actually agree with all of u a lot and put down fsu and its fans and u still think im out to get u. Its hilarious. THe paranoia is real. We are not playing survivor here. If i was a cane fan, why wouldnt i jus make a cane account? THink about it

nothing worse than being mind bottled

I bet i could walk up to him at the fsu/uf game in all fsu attire and he would want to check my trunk for cane gear lol I like usf more than the canes lol

The turd is definitely a troll. Whether is is a FSU fan or not remains to be seen. I do not think he is, if for no other reason he agrees with me about FSU and FSU fans.

I think he is a Miami fan

The turd is definitely a troll. Whether is is a FSU fan or not remains to be seen. I do not think he is, if for no other reason he agrees with me about FSU and FSU fans.

"Remains to be seen" Lmao. I cant even name 5 canes players lol i can name the entire 2 deep for fsu.

Your the one trolling here ....not me

He is a Cane fan.

Tellng us you can't name 5 cane players is further proof you're a cane fan. :)

Haha i guess that one backfired. I mean, at least pick a fan base with more than 5 fans. I would rather people call me a ucla fan or something. I dont "hate" miami, jus like i dont "hate" florida. Im flying in for all the fsu games this yr. Even the uf one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT