ADVERTISEMENT

Turning the page to DJ.....

3timeHeisman

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2007
A month ago, I commented on here about how I just don't see how DJ isn't our QB next year. The point made back to me by several was that would be insanity to do because he is just a freshman, and we have such a daunting schedule. I know there is so much time and circumstance between now and our opener. Heck he might get here and just look awful or can't pick up the offense in the Spring. I will be shocked because I think the kid was built for this and beyond special.

I watch these athletic, mobile, and still accurate passers throughout both college and pro football. They take these plays that aren't only designed to take advantage of their skill set, but when the play breaks down ever so slightly they turn it into either a big play or a positive play. There were so many drive stalling/killing plays this year that our QB was just not able to produce a positive play due to our struggles up front.

I love Mertz and was blown away by just how well he did this year. I just don't see how BN cannot go out at least swinging. I don't even like the idea of platooning them like we did with Leak and Tebow. Many believe that if he loses this year he might not have another shot. Many also believe that as we are constructed Vegas will project us a 4 win team in 2024.

I'm not stupid, I know they will have to compete in the Spring and DJ will have to show the accuracy and control that he did at the high school level. If we get to that point and it's a close race I just don't see BN not taking his best/final shot with the kid.

Reactions: g8rhoo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News