ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 Head Coach wish list....

Nov 8, 2016
Here is my wish list. Feel free to share yours as well!

1. Chris Leak (former HC, Edgewater High School) - Leak would be a home run hire! Gator legend (all-time leader in passing yards, National Champion), knows the program as well as anyone, offensive mind, and he could improve recruiting through his central Florida connections and relationships he built there.

2. Joker Phillips (Quality Control Assistant, Ohio State) - Most of us remember him for his year at UF in 2013, but don’t forget he was the OC for Kentucky in the mid-2000s where they put up big numbers and even spent a year as WR coach for the Browns. Many believe he is an offensive genius. I must say, I agree.

3. Glen Elarbee (OL coach, Missouri) - Yes Mizzou is having a down year, but it’s not the OL’s fault. The Tigers have a top 25 offense, and they’ve allowed just 9 sacks on the year. This guy knows how to line them up in the SEC, and he would be a great fit at UF.

3. Bob Diaco (HC, Connecticut) - This is a current head coach I would love to have. He’s young, vibrant, and can coach his butt off! The Huskies are having a down year this year, but he did take them from 2-10 his first year to 6-7 in year two. Diaco would inject some much needed energy into our program.

5. Derrick Jackson (WR coach, Wake Forest) - Wake hasn’t been great in recent years, but the secondary has been a team strength. In 2014 they finished 12th in passing yards allowed. You can thank Jackson for that!

6. John Bunting (former HC North Carolina) - Last coached in 2006, but he’d come back if asked. No one will forget the Tar Heels ‘01 season and Peach Bowl win, and before that he went an amazing 38-14-2 at Glassboro State, getting to the DIII SemiFinals in 1992. The guy can flat out coach.

7. Jim Walden (former HC Iowa State) - He’s been out of coaching for a while now, but no one will ever forget what he did at Iowa State, giving them a rare winning season in 1989. Just look at how bad Iowa State has been the last few years, and yeah, you’ll see what I mean. Losing season after losing season. Going 6-5 there (like Walden did in 1989) is a darn near miracle.

8. Sherrone Moore (TE coach, Central Michigan) - He’s in his 3rd season as TE coach for the Chippewas, and many feel he is one of the hotter assistants in the MAC. Last year his TE Ben McCord hauled in 39 catches for 612 yards and led the team with a 15.7-yard-per-catch average while earning Second Team All-Mid-American Conference honors!

9. Bobby Bowden (former HC, Florida State) - I'll admit this is a bit of a long shot, but it's worth exploring. While some of us might not want a former FSU head coach leading the Gator program, if you have an opportunity to get a Bobby Bowden, you take it! What he did to build the FSU program from where it was in the 70s is astounding. He's also a great recruiter, something we desperately need.

10. Joe Paterno (former HC, Penn State) - Yes he's dead, but that shouldn't be held against him. Just like the child rape scandal shouldn't be held against him (It was all Sandusky). The fact is, Paterno didn't become the all-time wins leader for nothing. He’s a phenomenal head coach, and a legend. You give a guy like that a second chance, every day of the week!

There are some others I would be happy with too, but I felt 10 was enough for now. Feel free to post your own wish list!

Reactions: bradleygator
Now this is a powerful list.....any chance we can get them all in some capacity? Has any program ever had 10 Co-Head Coaches?

In all seriousness, I think it's worth keeping an eye on the following

-Larry Fedora
-Justin Fuente
-Chip Kelly (Does he still have a show clause?)
-DJ Durkin (Maryland looks much improved)
-PJ Fleck

I hope Mac turns it around, but if he doesn't, these are the coaches I'd like to see considered.

In all seriousness, I think it's worth keeping an eye on the following

-Larry Fedora
-Justin Fuente
-Chip Kelly (Does he still have a show clause?)
-DJ Durkin (Maryland looks much improved)
-PJ Fleck

I hope Mac turns it around, but if he doesn't, these are the coaches I'd like to see considered.

Chip's show clause was over two years ago, it was a short one

No thanks, I'll just keep Mc on for now. I do admit to some worries on his claims and choices. :rolleyes:

Not sure about Nuss though, it depends on who is responsible for choosing LDR to start, and for keeping him as the starter for this long, and then making an injury excuse for his poor playing.
There has been an 'odor' in the air since way back in the Spring, imoho. I just don't know exactly where it's coming from. o_O

Nothing personal against LDR, he seems like a good kid, but he's just not good enough as our QB.
If I could see that, then the millionaire coaches should be able to see it if they are not wearing some kind of blinders. The same goes for Appleby (3-10) as the starter.
Franks and Trask remain unknowns, and that's the fault of the coaching staff, one or all of them, for not giving them some time in those first 2-3 games of the season. :confused:

It seemed obvious to me that the coaches (?) didn't want LDR to have any 'real' competition for the starting job. Just like 'they set it up' in the Spring game. o_O
So now, they-we are paying the price for those coaching choices-decisions.... :mad:

And what does Mc always say about making your choices??? :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT