ADVERTISEMENT

TN vs The Mighty Gators

Defense doesn't look much better than last year really. Crowd noise and bad snaps have been saving it from getting crazy.

If not for the gift of the dropped pass, Grantham would be guilty of yet ANOTHER 4th and 5 conversion.

It just goes to show you how little teams respect the defense. If it were UGA? They would have kicked a fg or punted.

I firmly believe it could have been 4th and 7 and they would have taken a chance to convert it.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Well, to give some positivity, I'm really digging the dline. They may not be the best in the nation, but they sure get after it each play.

No taking plays off and almost seem to take it personal if a big or crucial run is done on them.

Reactions: Gator Fever
It's gonna feel hard to continue the yearly tradition of making fun of the Vols if this continues and we earn a "struggle win" from FunnyMaine on YouTube come Monday.
Strongly disagree with this statement. Just beating UT by 1 point and continuing the ownership of UT will always feel good.

Reactions: Blue/Orange
I’m no Grantham fan but the defensive play call wasn’t the problem on that 75 TD Pass. I have no idea what McDaniel was doing on that play. He wasn’t even watching the WR he was supposed to be covering.

Emory Jones was very impressive tonight. Getting better with his reads, decision-making and accuracy. Our secondary is still atrocious, but the front 6 is pretty good. Overall a nice win. At Kentucky is going to be tough. They have a solid defense and a more balanced offense than they've had in several years.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Emory Jones was very impressive tonight. Getting better with his reads, decision-making and accuracy. Our secondary is still atrocious, but the front 6 is pretty good. Overall a nice win. At Kentucky is going to be tough. They have a solid defense and a more balanced offense than they've had in several years.
Jones appears to be improving or maybe it is the fact that when he knows it is his game and not looking over his shoulder he plays better. I also think Mullen is starting to figure out what passing plays Emory can execute a little better than maybe some others.

Let's all be honest with ourselves, who at halftime thought we had any chance of covering the spread? I didn't think we'd cover the spread even before the game, but I thought it'd be because Dan would take his foot off of the gas in the 4th quarter and let UT score garbage time points as he is known for.

What I am seeing now is that we are definitely a 2nd half team. That's what we want, a coaching staff that can make adjustments at halftime and fix what's not working. We're doing that. For as great a talent as UGLY is, Kirby Smart doesn't even know how to spell the word adjustment let alone be able to tell you when halftime occurs in a football game.

Sitting in the stands at halftime, I wasn't concerned with covering the spread, I was seriously wondering if another completely undefended pass or blown run coverage would end up having us lose this game. Luckily we shut down the meth-heads from Knoxville yet again.

16 out of 17 baby, it's now 'Tucky week! Get better each week. Improve. Fix what's not working and continue to fight as a team. Our schedule doesn't set us up well in this, a rebuilding year, but even with the #1 and #2 teams on our regular season schedule, we still own our destiny at this point and we're getting better.

Let's all be honest with ourselves, who at halftime thought we had any chance of covering the spread? I didn't think we'd cover the spread even before the game, but I thought it'd be because Dan would take his foot off of the gas in the 4th quarter and let UT score garbage time points as he is known for.

What I am seeing now is that we are definitely a 2nd half team. That's what we want, a coaching staff that can make adjustments at halftime and fix what's not working. We're doing that. For as great a talent as UGLY is, Kirby Smart doesn't even know how to spell the word adjustment let alone be able to tell you when halftime occurs in a football game.

Sitting in the stands at halftime, I wasn't concerned with covering the spread, I was seriously wondering if another completely undefended pass or blown run coverage would end up having us lose this game. Luckily we shut down the meth-heads from Knoxville yet again.

16 out of 17 baby, it's now 'Tucky week! Get better each week. Improve. Fix what's not working and continue to fight as a team. Our schedule doesn't set us up well in this, a rebuilding year, but even with the #1 and #2 teams on our regular season schedule, we still own our destiny at this point and we're getting better.
I figured we would win but I didn’t think we would cover the spread. I’m glad to be wrong about covering the spread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT