ADVERTISEMENT

TN in the Sugar Bowl?

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Many TN fans seem to think they are almost assured to get the Sugar Bowl bid if we lose our last 2 games and Bama isn't upset by Auburn. I saw this mentioned in another thread here also.

That just sounds crazy to me. Could that actually happen?

Don't know the specific rules on it, but usually, if the SEC-C goes to the NC game, and it's not being played in the Sugar Bowl that year, then the SEC-C game loser gets the Sugar.
That's how UF ended up vs #3 Cincy in the 2009 Sugar.

Yes. Pretty sure that the Sugar Bowl has to take the highest ranked SEC team that is not in the playoffs. If we lose the last two, they would likely be ranked higher.

I guess they might be the highest ranked team after Bama in that scenario due to not losing late but maybe A&M would pass them if they beat LSU.

So it goes by the 'ranking vote' of a pack of media-morons? -- Marvelous....

I'm amazed that the SEC would put the Sugar bowl selection in the hands of idiots that almost never even pick the correct teams playing for the SEC-C, much less it's winner. :confused:

So it goes by the 'ranking vote' of a pack of media-morons? -- Marvelous....

I'm amazed that the SEC would put the Sugar bowl selection in the hands of idiots that almost never even pick the correct teams playing for the SEC-C, much less it's winner. :confused:

It may go by the CFP rankings.

Tennessee deserves NOTHING! Even when they had their chance and beat UF they flailed the division and still lost control. To hell with the Sherbs!!!!!

It seems its only the CFP committee that has TN ranked so high not the coaches and media. They have A&M over them.

Thinks its highest ranked SEC team not in the playoffs like Gray mentioned. That's how Ole Miss ended up there last year.

They gave up 700 something yards, they will probably lose to vandy anyway... Just enough bad defense to give up points and vandy defense good enough to stop them

They gave up 700 something yards, they will probably lose to vandy anyway... Just enough bad defense to give up points and vandy defense good enough to stop them

We don't "hope" for others to do things for us, we're Gators, we take what we win by ourselves. While it would be hilarious to think that Vandy could actually beat these sherbert colored child molesters, what we have to focus on is what's in front of us. Lose to FSU, it's all over anyways. There is a slight chance that if we beat FSU, that's two ranked teams we went to in back to back weeks just PRIOR to The SEC championship and beat them in their own houses. That with a close loss to Alabama should still keep us ahead of the flaming dumpster fire known as Knoxvile. If we lose to FSU though, it doesn't matter about anything else, we'd be 9-3 and so would UcheaT and they (somehow) have the heads up victory over us still and we will have to live that shame the rest of our lives. Make it right. Beat FSU and destroy UcheaT next year in The Swamp. Kill them on the recruiting trail this year too. That HAS to happen. The kids in the next several class cycles need to realize that UF is the one and ONLY big dog in the SEC East and if you go play for Captain Caveman, you will not see the SEC title game nor will you get into the NFL. You'll just look ridiculous on television for 4 years in your vomit colored orange uniforms.

I still think A&M should go over them if they beat LSU.

Hopefully we beat FSU to guarantee Tenn isnt going to the Sugar Bowl.

kids aren't wanting to go to UT, that program is in trouble in many places.

Whatever allows the Vol fans to sleep well at night.

Maybe Peyton manning will be their HC next year? That could happen, too.

Their biggest year ever since 98 and pre season expectations means at least 4 losses and no SEC title game appearance even when they finally beat us since before my puberty... And it's only gonna get worse, they lose a lot and have a coach that shouldn't be around but I hope he is, meanwhile on a down year we are complaining and done more than they have in a decade. It says everything about the difference of our football programs where they are and where both are going... They should have 3 more losses too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT