ADVERTISEMENT

Football Thoughts on this Florida team......

In all seriousness, Mertz is not a joke. Mertz is one of the best things we have…and is totally under-appreciated. Kid is doing everything he can.

He tries hard I will give him that he just isn't a QB that can elevate a team. He can get a good completion % for you as long as he isn't worried about getting key first downs. We are in a bind as he is all we have really and Lagway definitely needs some experience to show his potential (wont see it much probably until next year if he doesn't bolt on us). I think the Miss State defense is so bad it might fool us into thinking we fixed the offense a little when we haven't.

In all seriousness, Mertz is not a joke. Mertz is one of the best things we have…and is totally under-appreciated. Kid is doing everything he can.
sad, it's not personal, for me at least. He seems like a decent fellow.
However, I could be there giving 1000% and doing EVERYTHING that I could for the team as it's QB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,, but I'd still SUCK at the job.

The OC Napier / QB Mertz combination is simply NOT getting the winning job done, so things need to change somewhere.
So far, apparently NOBODY has the correct answers for turning the football program around.

(well I do, but nobody would ever listen to me) 😉 --- 😁

sad, it's not personal, for me at least. He seems like a decent fellow.
However, I could be there giving 1000% and doing EVERYTHING that I could for the team as it's QB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,, but I'd still SUCK at the job.

The OC Napier / QB Mertz combination is simply NOT getting the winning job done, so things need to change somewhere.
So far, apparently NOBODY has the correct answers for turning the football program around.

(well I do, but nobody would ever listen to me) 😉 --- 😁
The Sock Lord has been screaming for an OC since August of last year.

In this game against the Bulldogs, the Gators rushed for 226 yards on just 36 attempts, which comes out to be 6.3 yards per carry. That’s definitely a good average to maintain.

Montrell Johnson - 15 for 68 yds, 4.5 ypc
Treyaun Webb ------ 8 for 41 yds, 5.1 ypc
Ja'Kobi Jackson ---- 3 for 18 yds, 6.0 ypc
Jadan Baugh -------- 4 for 53 yds, 13.3 ypc
MJ 15 for 68, 4.5 ypc.
Others - 15 for 112, 7.5 ypc

Season Rushing Numbers After 4 Games:

Montrell Johnson - 48 for 255 yds, loss 21, 234, 4.9 ypc, L-71, 3 TD's
Treyaun Webb ----- 21 for 98 yds, loss 5, 93, 4.4 ypc, L-14, 1 TD
Ja'kobi Jackson --- 11 for 70 yds, loss 2, 68, 6.2 ypc, L-11, 2 TD's
Jadan Baugh ------ 10 for 98 yds, loss 0, 98, 9.8 ypc - L 32, 0 TD
Johnson 48 carries, with a total of 42 for the other 3.
(and I like and respect what Montrell has given and done for the team since he and Napier arrived here)
Johnson/Webb - 69 for 327, 4.7 ypc
Baugh/Jackson - 21 for 166, 7.9 ypc
So, after looking at these numbers and seeing how things have panned out over recent weeks, is it time to reallocate the carries in this unit? It seems like a reasonable answer.
🤓

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT