ADVERTISEMENT

Football Thoughts on this Florida team......

I'm a Mertz fan, but am glad Lagway is getting the start.
Call sadgator crazy, but sadgator thinks Mertz gives us the best chance to win. Florida needs to do whatever it can to win now. sadgator is pretty sure Lagway will have a big game against Samford, but Mertz should assume his starting role as soon as he is able. You cannot replace his experience, and you cannot let Lagway get the absolute sh!t beat out of him by teams like Texas and UGA in the hopes that he will learn from it just because we are going to lose anyway. That isn’t fair and it isn’t in anybody’s best interest long-term, ISO.

Napier said they look good in practice this week. They just have to execute it better in the games.
giphy.gif

Call sadgator crazy, but sadgator thinks Mertz gives us the best chance to win. Florida needs to do whatever it can to win now. sadgator is pretty sure Lagway will have a big game against Samford, but Mertz should assume his starting role as soon as he is able. You cannot replace his experience, and you cannot let Lagway get the absolute sh!t beat out of him by teams like Texas and UGA in the hopes that he will learn from it just because we are going to lose anyway. That isn’t fair and it isn’t in anybody’s best interest long-term, ISO.
You are right, but a few out there (maybe just one) think Max Brown was our savior and that Mertz is just a chump with no ability. This year is already lost, IMO, but I think that if the program is going to be turned around, DJ Lagway is the guy to lead it.

I think now is the best time to try it and if Mertz needs to take over again so be it. Mertz even if he plays like last season won't be elevating this team much. That style he played might get you a win over someone like A&M somewhere in the season but I doubt it leads to hardly any wins after the KY game. Having the FCS game and then another home game against a team with their own offensive problems followed by the 2 least talented teams left isn't that bad of a setup. A&Ms defense is pretty good though. If he gets thrown back in there starting @TN or with something like GA he will be in a situation where it's more likely he is really overwhelmed.

The A&M fans seem to be more worried about him getting this FCS game in and then the start against them than Mertz being able to start. I guess the word in TX is he won't let the moment get to him and should be able to play at a high level even as a true freshman.

Mertz played very well last year in spite of bad oline and middle school play calling. Mertz gives us our best chance to win, but at this point my opinion is you roll with DJ and hope he doesn't get murdered. Napier has to shake some things up, and he's clearly not going to do that with his play calling so make the change at qb. On a side note, this should not be of any shock. Almost everyone predicted Napier wouldn't survive the season.

Yeah I like Mertz. He might be the right choice for this team if the rest of it was competent, but it isn’t. Best chance to win is probably Lagway running around playing sandlot football and trying to win games by himself.

Doesn’t really matter because we’re not going to win with either probably, so I’d rather watch Lagway.

For CBN it’s a no-brainer (which is perfect for him). The team appears to be garbage once again, so his only shot at keeping his job is to put Lagway in and hope he shows enough to give fans some hope.

My guess is Lagway will play pretty good against Samford and we’ll win like 48-45. CBN will talk it up like we just beat Bama. Then Mertz will start against aTm but will have a very short leash if the team starts out slow, which we will because aTm has a competent coach and we don’t.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
It sounds like they are just waiting for another bad looking loss to fire Napier unless he was to put together some early wins. Stricklin probably survives.

• Sad
Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT