ADVERTISEMENT

The store of how Jmac fired himself by telling will grier to transfer, this is a tough read.

Grier wouldn't have saved him. People got enamored with our 6-0 start but that was the easiest part of our schedule like it alaays is. Usually within our first six games we have our two cupcakes and then UT and UK. Look at the final records of those teams in 2015 and despite us not really playing any standout defenses our offense was still not very highly ranked. I'm working from memory here but we were around 80th in total offense or something like that and our rushing attack specifically was north of 100 at the time.

Grier was excellent against UT in the 4th and then against Ole Miss but the rest of the time it was a struggle. Hell even the Ole Miss game we only had like 350 yards of offense and ran for around 2 ypc which isn't good. That was a game that just snowballed on them with us getting some early turnovers and scoring early making them one dimensional. Definitely had huge potential but j got zero faith they'd even know how to fully develop him. Remember these geniuses wanted to start Del Rio that year too.

If grier is here this whole thing is different, I think you know this. One need only look at the limited time Del Rio was able to play the last two years and the 6 games Grier started to see what competent QB play means. It was a huge mistake not to retain this kid, and it appears to have been willful.

Reactions: Bay Gator
I'm not defending Mc for his mishaps. He has had plenty.

However he didn't force Will Grier to take roids. He didn't send Grier home crying like a baby after getting busted for roids.

Grier was never booted. Will can hell his side. Chad can tell his side. His vine, YouTube, Instagram brothers can even tell their side.

The dude took roids and quit the team.

If grier is here this whole thing is different, I think you know this. One need only look at the limited time Del Rio was able to play the last two years and the 6 games Grier started to see what competent QB play means. It was a huge mistake not to retain this kid, and it appears to have been willful.
The best thing that ever happened to Grier was getting booted from here.

Sure, if you like watching Florida flail, than it was a great thing.

Grier wouldn't have saved him. People got enamored with our 6-0 start but that was the easiest part of our schedule like it alaays is. Usually within our first six games we have our two cupcakes and then UT and UK. Look at the final records of those teams in 2015 and despite us not really playing any standout defenses our offense was still not very highly ranked. I'm working from memory here but we were around 80th in total offense or something like that and our rushing attack specifically was north of 100 at the time.

Grier was excellent against UT in the 4th and then against Ole Miss but the rest of the time it was a struggle. Hell even the Ole Miss game we only had like 350 yards of offense and ran for around 2 ypc which isn't good. That was a game that just snowballed on them with us getting some early turnovers and scoring early making them one dimensional. Definitely had huge potential but j got zero faith they'd even know how to fully develop him. Remember these geniuses wanted to start Del Rio that year too.
We wouldn't have beat FSU or Bama the past two years with Grier. Wouldn't have played right vs Arkansas last year with Grier. Same with Michigan this year. We probably would have beat LSU with him. That's about it.

Reactions: oozie7
Sure, if you like watching Florida flail, than it was a great thing.

I'd love to have Grier here but again people overestimate the impact he had here. His potential was thru the roof no doubt but not sure why people assume this staff would have helped him reach that? What have they shown that would make anybody believe that?

Do you think Franks is gonna be a stud? Because through their first 5 games Grier's and Franks' numbers are almost identical. And that isn't to say I think Franks is or will be as good as Grier, just highlighting that our problem ain't the QB. We've now played 5 different QB's under this staff and they've all gotten worse the longer they played.

The only consistent the past 3 years is the coaching. Everybody weve stuck under center has looked about the same. Im convinced mac and nuss would make tom brady look so so.

Will was the next best thing after Tebow left and it has shown past and present. What Mac did in telling him to transfer is in Mac not Will. The kid was already being disciplined by NCAA so why kick him deeper

Will was the next best thing after Tebow left and it has shown past and present. What Mac did in telling him to transfer is in Mac not Will. The kid was already being disciplined by NCAA so why kick him deeper

Easy, he wanted his game manager in LDR. If people cannot see by now that Mac wants to run the ball most of the time and have a QB throw screens and 3 yard outs to TEs they will never see it. If we had Aaron Freaking Rodgers he wouldn’t let him throw the ball. Foley ****ed up, plain and simple

Reactions: Bay Gator
We wouldn't have beat FSU or Bama the past two years with Grier. Wouldn't have played right vs Arkansas last year with Grier. Same with Michigan this year. We probably would have beat LSU with him. That's about it.

If that simplistic hopefulness dulls the pain for you, believe it.

We called plays differently with Grier, compared to now.

As far as I remember.

Grier wasn’t throwing screens every ****ing down.
We would be a LOT better on offense. We would have a QB that can throw the ball when it needs to be thrown, accurately and he can rope it too...it's also a threat with his legs. Losing Grier has been a big loss on offense. Not sure that he the savior of the program but we would be on another level IMO.

Grier threw balls over the middle on digs and quick drags... The two plays that scored TD's, the one to Powell on his biggest longest play ever for us in the first half, and whoever caught the other one on the drive before the end of the half...

and the one that won the UT game at the end to Calloway.. We don't use the middle of the field, and when we do, it works... magic

Grier didn't look good here either except for a couple of quarters. Our coaches are probably the main issue. He was very pedestrian under Nuss against KY and Missouri etc. Franks may be an extra detriment on top of Nuss however if he doesn't start picking things up better.

I am not going to blame Mac for letting him go hearing how his father could act etc. Their stunts with the ambulance chaser and the other stuff probably rubbed the administration the wrong way at UF also.

Grier would have been better than anyone we've had since, which is pretty faint praise. I agree with Tennessee that he might have flipped the LSU game, but that's about it. We've got bigger problems than his absence for sure.

I got up outta my chair to 'jump up and down' on this horse,,, and then I noticed that he was already long dead,,, :confused: so I just sat right back down. Those needing the exercise can continue without my input, no sweat (for me). :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT