ADVERTISEMENT

The Milk Challenge...and not one thread...

I think we’ve got a pretty interesting mix of players. We need two guys to play big and the freshmen to handle the ball so Hudson and Allen can just get the ball on the wing and score. If that happens I would bet we’ll make the tourney.

We sucked the first half. 24% from the field and down 31-20 heading to the 2nd half. Can't hit the broad side of a barn and missed a few layups.

We are terrible and I’m not a fan of Mike White. His offensive system is awful. No ball movement. No posting up. No inside-outside game. It’s just shoot 3s.

Same as last year. He doesn’t know how to use a big man and Allen has regressed under his watch.

We are getting the shit kicked out of us...

Been a great sports week..
It’s because Mike White is not a good coach at all.

His offensive system is terrible, his perimeter defense is terrible and it’s his 4th year and he still hasn’t recruited or developed a big man.

He’s not a good coach. There is a reason why I said we should have let Ole Miss take him.

Not a good night for the Gators or the Cats....

Really didn’t see the butt-kicking coming for both teams.

UK down 17 at the half and might surprise, but not likely.
Your coach isn’t any good either. He’s much better than Mike White but Cal has never been a good game day coach. He can recruit lights out. Mike White is really bad.

Can’t really argue that point. Cal is a great recruiter, really good at motivating, but simply average at best regarding X’s and O’s.
It is what it is. Mike White is destroying our once great basketball program that Billy D built.

Can’t really argue that point. Cal is a great recruiter, really good at motivating, but simply average at best regarding X’s and O’s.
I agree and would like to add that Cal is also very good at whining to the refs.

We were embarrassed by FSU. Final score 81-60, but it was actually worse than that. Pathetic opening for this team, which has a lot of talent.

Man that was ugly. We have a lot of new pieces to work in and FSU aid pretty rugged defensively, but that was an ugly offensive effort. What were we trying to do, offensively, drive the ball, post guys up, get open threes? It seems like we’re just kind of running around. And Paco is right that our perimeter defense is bad way too often. How often do we see really good shooters repeatedly shooting open threes? That shouldn’t happen.

Whitechamp? MacElWhite?

You know your coach is bad when he gets outcoached by Ham.

Ham even gave Donovan coached teams fits. They nearly beat the Gators’ 2013-14 Final Four team that went 36-3 and won 30 games in a row and DID beat the 2007 national champion Gators team. The Noles always get up for the Gators in hoops.

Hopefully that changes next year with all the talent White has coming in.

Last edited:
CBB is all about point guard play...

We just lost one of our best ever...

Gonna be a while kids...

Good pg is helpful, but it's really just about having players. Who's Duke's pg? I don't know. I was distracted by all of their wings flying around dunking from everywhere and throwing in 3s.

I thought both of our freshmen pgs looked pretty good. I think our problem is going to be finding people to score. You would think we would feature Hudson and Allen, attacking from the wings and go from there, but that didn't appear to be the case. I don't know what we were doing. We have some good shooters, but it doesn't look like we know how to get them open shots. Seems like most of our threes come of the dribble and stepbacks. At the other end, we give up open threes all the time.

Hayes should not start. He is a spaz.

It is what it is. Mike White is destroying our once great basketball program that Billy D built.

That's about as big of a FoS post as I've seen here lately. o_O

Mike White - 170-77 (.688) Overall, UF - 69-37 (.651)

He took over BillyD's last 16 win team and has produced 3 consecutive 20+ win seasons.
NIT - E-8 - 32

2017-18 - Even lacking the Big Men, UF’s 6 wins vs. top-25 teams during the regular season tied for most in the country, and its 10 RPI Quadrant 1 victories ranked 2nd nationally.
The Gators’ 34 regular season SEC wins over the past 3 seasons rank 2nd most in the league.

He left LaTech after producing (4 yrs) their #1 PG in assists (858) in their history.
After 3 years with Mike, the Cheese just left UF as the #1 PG in assists (571) in UF history.
BTW, Mike was a PG himself at Ole Miss.

In off-season he hired a great 'Big-Man' coach in Al Pinkins, but it will take a little time.
All of the players, not just the Bigs, already like and respect Al.
https://floridagators.com/coaches.aspx?rc=856&path=basketball-men

What BillyD left Mike was a 16 win team with these for Big's:
C John Egbunu 6-11 255 Jr - He was injured out in 16/17, never came back in 17/18.
C/PF Rimmer 6-10 249 - Grad-Sr-xfer Walk-On - Gave him limited min's with 1 start.
C/PF Hayes 6-9 218 So - Energetic but under sized
Gak 6-11 231 Fr - played limited back-up minutes in 15 games.
BillyD was not real successful getting quality Big's in his last few years at UF. :cool:

Now, Egbunu and Rimmer are long gone.
Gak 6-11 254 Jr - In 17/18 he battled through knee soreness and swelling all season, limiting his practice opportunities and minutes. Had off-season surgery and he is still rehabbing and not available yet.

What passes for Big's now:
C/PF Hayes 6-9 227 Sr
C Gak 6-11 254 Jr (not yet available)
SF/PF Stone 6-8 253 Jr
PF/C Bassett 6-9 237 So (improving quickly)
PF Johnson 6-9 214 rsFr
PF Stokes 6-8 270 rsFr
(Stokes needs to give Johnson about 25 Lbs) :rolleyes:

Mike's overall recruiting has taken off, and with Al Pinkins now at UF, they should be able to recruit some higher quality Bigs in the near future.

A 2019 HS Sr from Chandler Parson's team has committed to Mike:
#9 C Omar Payne 6-9 215 **** - Montverde, FL (42/50 Natl.)

Mike also has a 5 star wing and a 5 star PG in that class, along with a 6-4 CG walkon.

To claim that Mike is destroying UF's Basketball program is just FoS nonsense... o_O

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with Insta this time. I watched the game and point guard play was pretty good. FSU is so much bigger than us, but only outrebounded us 33-30. Both teams had 16 turnovers. Nembhard, Stone and Hayes had 4 each. We had 22 points off turnovers, FSU had 18. We had 28 points in the paint, FSU only 20. We had 9 assists, FSU 10. We had 10 second chance points, FSU had 7. We were called for 26 fouls, FSU 22. Looks like an even game until you look at shooting, both from the field and from the foul line. We were 14/21 from the foul line, FSU was 24/34. We shot 37% from the field, 25% from the 3-point line. FSU was 48% from the field, 48% shooting 3's. They simply shot the ball better than us. All other stats for the game were pretty even. We took more shots than FSU, 54 to 48, but they made more. 24 of our 54 shots were from the 3-point line, but we only made 6. 23 of FSU shots were for 3 and they made 11. They outscored us by 10 at the free throw line and outshot us from the field. We missed open shot after open shot and really got blown out. Were down by 30+ until FSU emptied their bench at the end and we scored the last 11 points of the game. This isn't Mike White's fault. Allen had ZERO points and he's supposed to be All-SEC and a leader. Ballard looked much improved and more confident, we have more depth than last year, but the team just has to make open shots. Last night we were miserable at the one thing that matters most - putting the ball in the basket.

Last edited:
Reactions: instaGATOR
Yeah I agree with Insta this time. I watched the game and point guard play was pretty good. FSU is so much bigger than us, but only outrebounded us 33-30. Both teams had 16 turnovers. Nembhard, Stone and Hayes had 4 each. We had 22 points off turnovers, FSU had 18. We had 28 points in the paint, FSU only 20. We had 9 assists, FSU 10. We had 10 second chance points, FSU had 7. We were called for 26 fouls, FSU 22. Looks like an even game until you look at shooting, both from the field and from the foul line. We were 14/21 from the foul line, FSU was 24/34. We shot 37% from the field, 25% from the 3-point line. FSU was 48% from the field, 48% shooting 3's. They simply shot the ball better than us. All other stats for the game were pretty even. We took more shots than FSU, 54 to 48, but they made more. 24 of our 54 shots were from the 3-point line, but we only made 6. 23 of FSU shots were for 3 and they made 11. They outscored us by 10 at the free throw line and outshot us from the field. We missed open shot after open shot and really got blown out. Were down by 30+ until FSU emptied their bench at the end and we scored the last 11 points of the game. This isn't Mike White's fault. Allen had ZERO points and he's supposed to be All-SEC and a leader. Ballard looked much improved and more confident, we have more depth than last year, but they team just has to make open shots. Last night we were miserable at the one thing that matters most - putting the ball in the basket.

I agree with most of this, but it is on Mike White to get these guys the ball where they can attack. Allen had what, 4 shots last night? This guy scored 35 in the sweet 16 two years ago. Allen, Hudson and Stone are the guys that can break down a defender on the wing and get to the basket. It seems like it only happens on accident though.

I'll add to that, the game officials were BS again.
They let FSU climb all over the Gator players without calling fouls.
This allowed the FSU players to butt right up against the Gators all over the court and all the way out to the half court line. The Gators played off the FSU players until they made a move towards the basket, but if they touched a nole, they were called for a foul.

The officials made a mockery of the foul rules. :mad:

I am a radical when it comes to this kind of chit. As a coach (not and never will be) I'd have had 10 guys slapping and swatting noles until the 10 had fouled out. Then I'd have the other 5 (3 ship + 2 WO's) just play lackadaisical the rest of the way. Just taking the rebs that came to them without fighting for one, and shooting the ball as soon as they crossed the half court line.

If the officials want to make a mockery of the game, instead of fighting them (by screaming) I'd just help them along the way.

In post game interviews my answers would be 'They won' and if asked anything specific about how my team played, I'd calmly refer them to the game officials to get those answers...

Change and accountability of the officials would then happen, or the games would go in the toilet. And yeah, I'm pretty sick of chitty officiating with no repercussions for the chitty...

Ham even haven Donovan coaches teams fits. They nearly beat the Gators’ 2013-14 Final Four team that went 36-3 and won 30 games in a row and DID beat the 2007 national champion Gators team. The Noles always get up for Florida coach basketball teams.

Hopefully that changes next year with all the talent White has coming in.

That's true, we have played you tough on the court through the years. Ham's trouble has always been inconsistency - both over the course of a season and during a particular game. Way too often his teams have a stretch of playing just awful.

I'll add to that, the game officials were BS again.
They let FSU climb all over the Gator players without calling fouls.
This allowed the FSU players to butt right up against the Gators all over the court and all the way out to the half court line. The Gators played off the FSU players until they made a move towards the basket, but if they touched a nole, they were called for a foul.

The officials made a mockery of the foul rules. :mad:

I am a radical when it comes to this kind of chit. As a coach (not and never will be) I'd have had 10 guys slapping and swatting noles until the 10 had fouled out. Then I'd have the other 5 (3 ship + 2 WO's) just play lackadaisical the rest of the way. Just taking the rebs that came to them without fighting for one, and shooting the ball as soon as they crossed the half court line.

If the officials want to make a mockery of the game, instead of fighting them (by screaming) I'd just help them along the way.

In post game interviews my answers would be 'They won' and if asked anything specific about how my team played, I'd calmly refer them to the game officials to get those answers...

Change and accountability of the officials would then happen, or the games would go in the toilet. And yeah, I'm pretty sick of chitty officiating with no repercussions for the chitty...

Refs were bad. They were letting FSU play and defend very physically, which I’m fine with, but then they’re calling absolute touch fouls on the other end on defense and in particular, rebounding.

Notwithstanding that, your plan for dealing with the refs is extremely crazy. You would be (correctly) labeled as the biggest crybaby in coaching history and likely fired before the weekend for all the shame and humiliation you brought on your team and university.

But the refs were bad.

Good God.

What an asskicking.

Maybe OKC will auger in and we can hire Billy back.

Ok Brad, what do you suggest to improve the refs? What's your plan, of should they just accept whatever the officials do and move on? o_O

I'm a crybaby, but those that are whining about Mike as a coach are just giving their honest opinions I guess? :rolleyes:

I hear a lot of complaining, but I don't hear what those crybabies would do instead, if they were the coach. :cool:

Last edited:
Now you’re sounding like a Kentucky fan.....

;)
giphy.gif

Reactions: ukalum1988
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT