ADVERTISEMENT

The Key to the Florida Gators' Future?

Honestly; we’ve been so bamboozled for the past decade or more, sadgator just thinks that everybody has grown kind of apathetic and indifferent about it.

sadgator spoke to one on the the most pollyanna Gator fans he knows this past weekend and the friend said, “I won’t believe anything anymore until I see it. I have no faith in believing anything that is promoted by UF until it happens.”

That’s where we’re at.

And under that umbrella of massive uncertainty and a feeling of distrust and disbelief among the majority of its fan base, UF has the nerve to charge fans $355 a piece for regular west stand single game tickets to the opener against Miami to see Florida play in the wicked heat at 3:30 p.m. on Aug 31…

Good luck with that.

2009 was the last season we were a true national contender in football. Since the 2009 season we have 3 sec east titles, that's it. Our football program has become an also ran. We are mid pack...in the east. We've made bad hires, didn't invest in facilities when we should have, then finally invested in facilities when we should have invested in NIL, just a comedy of errors. To these young recruits we are not of any consequence. The hiring of Muschamp was the catalyst. Why in the hell would you hire a dawg to lead your program. Pure stupidity. Not being a drama queen at all, but I candidly don't believe the football program will ever rise to national prominence again. There will be one off seasons,

Simply put…Gator Football has pretty much become the equivalent to National politics to sadgator.

sadgator isn’t happy about the state of affairs, he pretty much knows what the unsatisfying outcomes are going to be before they happen, and it honestly turns his stomach to actually watch it all play out in real time…

At one point in time in his life, Gator Football was a very important and pleasant diversion for sadgator. You’re talking about somebody who would gladly pass on major family life events to attend games in person and would not miss a big game for anything. That seems like it was a long….long…long time ago. sadgator hasn’t been back to Gainesville since before the pandemic and has no plans to change that anytime soon.

sadgator’s diversions now are basically just reruns of The Making of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders (seasons 1-16) and puzzles…

Last edited:
Simply put…Gator Football has pretty much become the equivalent to National politics to sadgator.

sadgator isn’t happy about the state of affairs, he pretty much knows what the unsatisfying outcomes are going to be before they happen, and it honestly turns his stomach to actually watch it all play out in real time…

At one point in time in his life, Gator Football was a very important and pleasant diversion for sadgator. You’re talking about somebody who would gladly pass on major family life events to attend games in person and would not miss a big game for anything. That seems like it was a long….long…long time ago. sadgator hasn’t been back to Gainesville since before the pandemic and has no plans to change that anytime soon.

sadgator’s diversions now are basically just reruns of The Making of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders (seasons 1-16) and puzzles…
I recommend getting into Gator baseball. It is the one prominently televised sport (softball also, but I can’t get into that as much) where the Gators are still performing up to the ‘90s/2000s standards. Great coach, bunch of fun players, legit conference rivalries, great recruiting, getting a bunch of guys drafted. Just fun stuff.

Football, I think back to what a lunatic I used to be and it’s just unrecognizable.

It is crazy right after we built the great football facilities that NIL became the main thing for these players. That was a Foley special letting the facilities get behind. Recruiting now seems to be about the same top teams it was just before NIL because they were the ones paying the most then also whether it followed the rules or not. If you can't compete with those top teams with the high school recruits you better do a real good job with your NIL money with the transfers. Hearing about some of our really big boosters views on NIL it scares me we could become a team where 10-2 or better seasons are hard to come by.

You see it in the pros as well. If you’ve got an organization that accepts losing, then that’s what you’re going to get. If you’re good with winning a few games, selling most of your tickets and suites, drumming up a bunch of contributions for facilities, then you look at the current situation and think it’s all good.

When you consider what they are charging for those seats and figure in booze, food, a two night minimum, gas, etc., it’s like approaching a $4,000 weekend just to go to one big one. Now, sadgator’s no tightwad when it comes to spending on fun sports adventure weekends, and there is always some element of exciting risk in that…

But can you imagine dropping that kind of scratch to watch Miami Donkey Punch us in the Swamp?!?!?!?…honestly…sadgator seriously wouldn’t be able to handle it…sadgator still hasn’t (and won’t ever) forgive Muschamp for the “wonderful” time sadgator had in Miami Gardens on September 7, 2013…that sucked so bad…one of the worst ever…

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
And can we change gears and talk about the BEST ever DCC…

The hottest and most adorable of them all…Savvy…she seriously looks like the real human version of a Disney Princess…she’s that hot…

43431214f507f6dbe3ee403bf628233b.jpg

EMa7zspXUAAKZ5T.jpg

That said…the DCC with the most pure dance talent ever is seriously Maddie…

Kelly and Judy clearly blew it when they cut her in her first training camp…sadgator loves that she came back and eventually took the point…brings a tear to sadgator’s eye every time…sweet girl…

49e0ea040af715adb4a0b9c2102a72f7.png

When you consider what they are charging for those seats and figure in booze, food, a two night minimum, gas, etc., it’s like approaching a $4,000 weekend just to go to one big one. Now, sadgator’s no tightwad when it comes to spending on fun sports adventure weekends, and there is always some element of exciting risk in that…

But can you imagine dropping that kind of scratch to watch Miami Donkey Punch us in the Swamp?!?!?!?…honestly…sadgator seriously wouldn’t be able to handle it…sadgator still hasn’t (and won’t ever) forgive Muschamp for the “wonderful” time sadgator had in Miami Gardens on September 7, 2013…that sucked so bad…one of the worst ever…

Yep the money is crazy now. If Napier blows that Miami game things will get bad very fast probably. If we are at even 2 losses after the KY game is played things will spiral downhill fast. I can't imagine the noise if we lost to Miami and then lost to either A&M, Miss State or UCF.

Nothing good ever comes from Florida playing Miami.

sadgator can almost assure you that Miami will sucker Florida into some ugly, penalty-laden, slugfest that will be chaotic and out-of-control.

It’ll play right into their hands as it often times does and Miami won’t be bothered by the environment or heat as Utah was in Napier’s first season.

If Florida actually stays in control and is able to manage the situation without some stupid gaffe or mental letdown, that would say a lot about Napier’s leadership and the direction of the program.

sadgator’s seriously expecting one of the most nasty and wicked environments in Swamp history for that game. Both teams needs that game bad, and Miami knows exactly how to feed off that.

Reactions: bradleygator

sadgator can almost assure you that Miami will sucker Florida into some ugly, penalty-laden, slugfest that will be chaotic and out-of-control.

It’ll play right into their hands as it often times does and Miami won’t be bothered by the environment or heat as Utah was in Napier’s first season.

If Florida actually stays in control and is able to manage the situation without some stupid gaffe or mental letdown, that would say a lot about Napier’s leadership and the direction of the program.

sadgator’s seriously expecting one of the most nasty and wicked environments in Swamp history for that game. Both teams needs that game bad, and Miami knows exactly how to feed off that.
I'm not sure why such a big deal was made about the Utah game did everyone forget we were an int in the endzone from losing that game, at home?

As terrible as a loss to Miami would be, a win would be huge for the sentiment around the program.

As terrible as a loss to Miami would be, a win would be huge for the sentiment around the program.

A win at least gives things a chance. Looking at Miami I was surprised the talent they have on that team. Players that will be likely NFL picks. The blue chip ratio may be the same with both teams but Miami looks to have the most talent looking at it objectively. As far as players that will start I think the only group we have that will clearly be better than the group they are facing is our WR group as Miami is pretty weak in the DB department. Just comparing our same groups this is how it looks to me:

O line: Miami has a better O line on paper.
D line: Miami has the better overall D line and its not even close when it comes to getting after the QB.
QB: Miami has a better QB I think but he is prone to turnovers when things aren't going good for his team.
RB: A push as that transfer Miami got is really good.
WR: A push. Both teams have a good set of WRs.
TE: A push if that Miami TE is back from his injury.
LB: A push if our transfer works out alright.
DB: Florida has a clear advantage here.

Also Cristobal's history is to start screwing up around mid-season usually. He beat Ohio State early on the road in 2021 and last year they scored in the 40s on A&Ms defense before falling apart later.

Reactions: bradleygator
A win at least gives things a chance. Looking at Miami I was surprised the talent they have on that team. Players that will be likely NFL picks. The blue chip ratio may be the same with both teams but Miami looks to have the most talent looking at it objectively. As far as players that will start I think the only group we have that will clearly be better than the group they are facing is our WR group as Miami is pretty weak in the DB department. Just comparing our same groups this is how it looks to me:

O line: Miami has a better O line on paper.
D line: Miami has the better overall D line and its not even close when it comes to getting after the QB.
QB: Miami has a better QB I think but he is prone to turnovers when things aren't going good for his team.
RB: A push as that transfer Miami got is really good.
WR: A push. Both teams have a good set of WRs.
TE: A push if that Miami TE is back from his injury.
LB: A push if our transfer works out alright.
DB: Florida has a clear advantage here.

Also Cristobal's history is to start screwing up around mid-season usually. He beat Ohio State early on the road in 2021 and last year they scored in the 40s on A&Ms defense before falling apart later.
Miami has better players at most positions. The QB transfer is really good and huge improvement from what they had. Their O line was a bit suspect at times last year, so they may be a little better. Our O line was awful so no where to really go but up. We have a little more receiver depth, and we have better play makers at the position. Our DBs are better, but their D line is a lot better. I am concerned about our D line. We have a slight edge at linebacker. We will be at home which will help, but overall they are better.

Miami has better players at most positions. The QB transfer is really good and huge improvement from what they had. Their O line was a bit suspect at times last year, so they may be a little better. Our O line was awful so no where to really go but up. We have a little more receiver depth, and we have better play makers at the position. Our DBs are better, but their D line is a lot better. I am concerned about our D line. We have a slight edge at linebacker. We will be at home which will help, but overall they are better.

Their tackles arent the biggest around so maybe we can get the running game going but if we don't run decent on them its hard to see us winning this game. The DEs will probably kill us if we aren't averaging over 4 yards a carry.

Honestly; we’ve been so bamboozled for the past decade or more, sadgator just thinks that everybody has grown kind of apathetic and indifferent about it.

sadgator spoke to one on the the most pollyanna Gator fans he knows this past weekend and the friend said, “I won’t believe anything anymore until I see it. I have no faith in believing anything that is promoted by UF until it happens.”

That’s where we’re at.

And under that umbrella of massive uncertainty and a feeling of distrust and disbelief among the majority of its fan base, UF has the nerve to charge fans $355 a piece for regular west stand single game tickets to the opener against Miami to see Florida play in the wicked heat at 3:30 p.m. on Aug 31…

Good luck with that.

If you want me to buy you and little sadgator a ticket all you had to do was ask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT