ADVERTISEMENT

THE JIMBO CURSE!!!! REALLY??????

gatorRAD

Rowdy Reptile
Sep 24, 2011
He was 0-7 against top 5 teams before this game, beat us 5 consecutive times at fsu before going out .....REALLY JUST REALLY??? DAMN IT MAN!!!

This won't be the last time we are in a shootout this season. I hate that it takes us out of playoff picture. Oh well

Well, after the Ole Miss game it was obvious Florida wasn't a true Top 5 team. We shouldn't have been ranked that high without any semblance of a defense. After 3 games, it's obvious we're not a Top 10 team and may not even be a Top 20 team. This is the worst defense I've seen at Florida in a long, long time.

This won't be the last time we are in a shootout this season. I hate that it takes us out of playoff picture. Oh well

We probably control our own destiny still with that but the chance of us being able to outscore all the teams we need to beat is pretty low I would think...

Reactions: g8rhoo
We probably control our own destiny still with that but the chance of us being able to outscore all the teams we need to beat is pretty low I would think...
Next to Ole Miss we probably have the worst D in the league. It's not going to get better, and AM is an average team. We will see better teams .

Reactions: Gator Fever
Jimbo is the boss who owns you!
Projection and desperation owns your soul. lol.......you are such a sad little Null. That is just pathetic. Wow. You do know that guy sold you down the river? May I introduce you to Urban Meyer so you can polish his knob too? LOL

He was 0-7 against top 5 teams before this game, beat us 5 consecutive times at fsu before going out .....REALLY JUST REALLY??? DAMN IT MAN!!!

People hate admitting that jimbo is a good coach. He has fallen off since his previous wife cheated on him but when his personal life is good, he succeeds at a high level on the field

Sumbitch does, in fact, own us...
Certainly no love on my part for Jimbo. But when it comes down to who
is the better head coach, Jimbo gets the nod over Danny Boy. In recruiting,
player development and play calling Jimbo comes out on top. But is he worth the $75 million
the Texas oil men shelled out to lure him out of Tallahassee, that is a question for another day.

Reactions: GoFish2
I don’t see any way we don’t make the playoffs if we run the table. It’s unlikely we run the table though unless our defense makes major improvements, and I’m not sure we have seen enough improvements in the first three games to bank on suddenly getting better

player development and play calling Jimbo comes out on top. But is he worth the $75 million
the Texas oil men shelled out to lure him out of Tallahassee, that is a question for another day.

Development and play calling is a no. Recruiting yes.

Reactions: fsumc
Jimbo is a better recruiter for sure. But the other two no. Keep in mind that Trask does not fit what Mullen really wants to do, yet he is putting up big numbers.

This game doesn't take us out of the playoff picture. If we won out we would still be in it. What's taking us out of the playoff picture is the 2-3 more games we will lose due to this defense.

I don’t see any way we don’t make the playoffs if we run the table. It’s unlikely we run the table though unless our defense makes major improvements, and I’m not sure we have seen enough improvements in the first three games to bank on suddenly getting better

Just keep in mind that Vandy held TAMU to 17 points. This will help keep expectations realistic moving forward.

Just keep in mind that Vandy held TAMU to 17 points. This will help keep expectations realistic moving forward.

That’s fair. But it’s also fair to point out Ole Miss put up 13 more points on Bama than on us.

The SEC has turned into the Big 12 it appears with how the defenses are now. GA is about the only one with a pulse right now.

This might be a year with 2 loss teams in the playoffs. You could easily see the SEC Champ with two losses this year. Ohio St won’t lose a game and neither will Clemson. Those are two automatic births. And with a potential two loss SEC champ it will get the Big12 champ right back into the conversation.

This might be a year with 2 loss teams in the playoffs. You could easily see the SEC Champ with two losses this year. Ohio St won’t lose a game and neither will Clemson. Those are two automatic births. And with a potential two loss SEC champ it will get the Big12 champ right back into the conversation.

Bama won't lose more than one I would think unless Georgia proves they are a match for them in that regular season game. It will be interesting to see who the 3rd and 4th teams are this season with how things have started.

Bama won't lose more than one I would think unless Georgia proves they are a match for them in that regular season game. It will be interesting to see who the 3rd and 4th teams are this season with how things have started.

Agreed. Big drop off after those two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT