ADVERTISEMENT

The Eraser

michigator1

Swamp Thing
Oct 17, 2010
Looks like he's going to make his second straight pro bowl. For being a relative bust in the beginning of his career, he sure is trying his damnest to get some hall of fame looks during the back 9 of his career...

And to anyone who paid attention to recruiting back then, he was the most important defensive recruit we have had since 2003 and even back then we knew it was important to get him.

If you don't know who the eraser is, it's Reggie Nelson. He killed fools

Reactions: EvilWayz
USATSI_2044253-620x570.jpg

Reactions: michigator1
That guy is bad ass...no idea why these unis aren't worn all the time.
My wife and I made the trip for that game in 06. I was thrilled to see the team wearing them. They auctioned the jerseys at a black tie gala after the game. Yes they are great unis. Even the helmet with the blocked font instead of the slanted font is sharp.

Reggie Nelson has officially made his second pro bowl. Do you guys think he needs to make two more to make the hall of fame?

I was at the game we wore them too, one of the best atmospheres i've ever been in... then it was even better the next week in the Jump pass game against LSU for homecoming... I was sitting directly below the broadcast booths in the press box that game and when that play happened everyone in the world went apeshit

Now that it's ten years later Im realizing more how much Gator football history I got to witness live, and should have enjoyed it more. Especially because, well now...

Looks like he's going to make his second straight pro bowl. For being a relative bust in the beginning of his career, he sure is trying his damnest to get some hall of fame looks during the back 9 of his career...

He looked lost in Jax. Spent most of his time chasing people into the end zone.

Reggie Nelson has officially made his second pro bowl. Do you guys think he needs to make two more to make the hall of fame?

He's had a solid NFL career, but I can't see him anywhere close to HoF consideration at this point - and probably even not with a couple more Pro Bowls. DBs - especially safeties - don't seem to get much respect from Hall voters. Consider these guys:

*John Lynch - nine Pro Bowls, three time All-Pro, captain of Super Bowl champion; he's been a Hall finalist the last few years, but hasn't really been close to getting enough votes as a finalist to make it in
*Kenny Easley - career cut short due to illness, only played 7 seasons, but made the Pro Bowl in five of them, 4 time All Pro, NFL Defensive PoY; didn't make it in through regular channels, now under consideration by the Senior committee
*Steve Atwater - 8 Pro Bowls, 2 time AllPro, 2 Super Bowl championships

The HoF hasn't inducted a true safety in about forty years. There are a few who moved from corner to safety mid-career (Lott, Woodson, Renfro), but all of them were multiple time Pro Bowl corners before switching positions.

Reactions: rdgtr
He's had a solid NFL career, but I can't see him anywhere close to HoF consideration at this point - and probably even not with a couple more Pro Bowls. DBs - especially safeties - don't seem to get much respect from Hall voters. Consider these guys:

*John Lynch - nine Pro Bowls, three time All-Pro, captain of Super Bowl champion; he's been a Hall finalist the last few years, but hasn't really been close to getting enough votes as a finalist to make it in
*Kenny Easley - career cut short due to illness, only played 7 seasons, but made the Pro Bowl in five of them, 4 time All Pro, NFL Defensive PoY; didn't make it in through regular channels, now under consideration by the Senior committee
*Steve Atwater - 8 Pro Bowls, 2 time AllPro, 2 Super Bowl championships

The HoF hasn't inducted a true safety in about forty years. There are a few who moved from corner to safety mid-career (Lott, Woodson, Renfro), but all of them were multiple time Pro Bowl corners before switching positions.

Safety has become more of a featured position recently. Ed Reed and Troy Polomalu will be in the HOF. Darren Woodson will probably be close. Eric Berry could get there. Lynch should probably be in. He was a very good player for a long time on some really good defenses. Reggie F'n Nelson would need quite a few more pro bowl seasons I would think, but he does have the edge on all these guys in awesomeness.

I did not know about the seemingly lack of respect for safetys with the hall of fame voters. He probably only has about three more years left, tops. Maybe if he would have done anything at all in his first few years, it would be a different story, I guess.

Safety has become more of a featured position recently. Ed Reed and Troy Polomalu will be in the HOF. Darren Woodson will probably be close. Eric Berry could get there. Lynch should probably be in. He was a very good player for a long time on some really good defenses. Reggie F'n Nelson would need quite a few more pro bowl seasons I would think, but he does have the edge on all these guys in awesomeness.
Darren Woodson is closer to parole than he'll ever be to the HOF.

Great football player......Hernandez buddy tho.... Kinda shady. Wasnt Nelson tgere when Hernandez shot someone?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT