ADVERTISEMENT

The addition of Gilbert should basically switch us to a predominate 2 TE offense

johnhinson

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2015
Gilbert - Freak of nature

Gamble - Honestly, think he could of been a 400-500 yard receiver this year if the starter. Actually, a pretty good all around TE.

Zipperer - Crazy fast for the position. Can accumulate yards after catch, which is rare for a TE.

Odom - Massive blocking TE who actually has pretty good hands.

2 blue chip TEs arriving from the 2021 class as well.

For a new starting QB I love this offense. It will be a run first offense, for a run oriented QB, and he will have so many big reliable targets to throw to. Still plenty of speed on the outside to stretch the field.

My only concern now is the RB position. Unless, Davis moved to slot permanently we are going to have arguably our 2 best ball carriers as #4 and #5 on the depth chart.

This should be an elite running game, but I am not sure it will be if Pierce, Davis, and Wright are getting most of the carries.

I think Davis should move to slot. Wright should exclusively be the 3rd down RB (dude is a beast of a pass catcher), and Pierce + Bowman + Lingard should split the carries at RB starting the year. 1-2 will emerge over the others and those guys should be carrying the load when we face the real competition.

I think what actually happens is Bowman and Lingard are going to be polishing the benches with their butts for the first few games. The running backs will struggle to carry the ball. Jones is gonna have to have to carry the rock way too many time per game. Come game 4 Bowman + Lingard will start getting the carries they should have received game 1. Then when we face our toughest competition of the year we are not going to know how to properly run the backfield/divvy up the carries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News