ADVERTISEMENT

Tebows promise

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
Im curious of the "inside look and perspective" that you guys have on this. As an outsider to me it was kind of whiny and tebowish.... I expected that from him even though it was cringy...

I think the speech he gave at halftime "we have 30 min for the rest of our lives" was much better and much more meaningful.....Do you guys feel this way or did you think his promise was something amazing.?

Before you say anything, yes i know my quarterback in an interview said " i said he said, i said, we strong, i said we scrong den"...or whatever the f he said

Reactions: Dannygator1989
Suck it...

tebow-bloody.jpg

Loved it! Showed heart, passion & most of all leadership. Something the program has been missing for a long time.

I will say, Tebow's voice, especially back then, combined with his not so great speaking and presentation skills, it wasn't....sound clip worthy per se.

By that, I just mean that a better public speaker would have really nailed it.

It was genuine, unlike a lot of corny speeches. Will say though that putting it on a plaque is kinda overboard. I know that wasn’t the intent but it kinda gives off the message like the only reason we won a title that year is because of the speech. Idk how I’d feel about that if I was on the team.

It was genuine, unlike a lot of corny speeches. Will say though that putting it on a plaque is kinda overboard. I know that wasn’t the intent but it kinda gives off the message like the only reason we won a title that year is because of the speech. Idk how I’d feel about that if I was on the team.

David Nelson on gameday today said "i know if tebow doesnt give that speech that we dont win the NC".... Which i think is ridiculous

David Nelson on gameday today said "i know if tebow doesnt give that speech that we dont win the NC".... Which i think is ridiculous

Nelson and Tebow were best friends and roommates if I remember it right so I wouldn’t expect him to say anything different. Do agree it’s kinda ridiculous to say that though. But I guess he could be right we weren’t on the team.

Reactions: fsu939913

There were points in those Bama and Oklahoma games things could have gone a different way if they weren't really focused.

It was organic and from the heart. Young Tebow didn’t have a pretentious bone in his body imho. I can’t speak for the rich adult version of the guy now. It’s true...he wasn’t the best orator in the room, but he always made you feel like Florida football was his life. Gotta respect that, even if you as an opposing fan may have thought he was kinda corny.

Reactions: sadgator
It was sincere from Tebow, but also kind of obnoxious. Who in that starting 22 didn’t play in the NFL? They shouldn’t have lost all year.

It was organic and from the heart. Young Tebow didn’t have a pretentious bone in his body imho. I can’t speak for the rich adult version of the guy now. It’s true...he wasn’t the best orator in the room, but he always made you feel like Florida football was his life. Gotta respect that, even if you as an opposing fan may have thought he was kinda corny.

I agree...i cant tell you how many posts were on our boards saying why dont our players care as much as tebow. When he announced he was coming back for his senior yr... I fell into a depression....because i knew another ass whipping was coming

The local PR (little kids loved him as a role model) and the National attention made it all worthwhile imo. I don't recall any other Florida player ever having something he said in a presser put on a bronze plaque up on the stadium wall... :cool:

Im curious of the "inside look and perspective" that you guys have on this. As an outsider to me it was kind of whiny and tebowish.... I expected that from him even though it was cringy...

I think the speech he gave at halftime "we have 30 min for the rest of our lives" was much better and much more meaningful.....Do you guys feel this way or did you think his promise was something amazing.?

Before you say anything, yes i know my quarterback in an interview said " i said he said, i said, we strong, i said we scrong den"...or whatever the f he said

Your QB said "I said he said, I said, we strong, I said we scrong den"...or whatever the f he said

I see all those great FSU posters are back baby!!!!! FSU Sucks again so they have nothung to talk about except of other teams members!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT