ADVERTISEMENT

Tebow homers in first Minor Leage AB

Tebow homers in first Minor Leage AB,,,,

as the Tebow Haters have to line up for a good spot to jump off the Tallahatcheee Bridge from... :rolleyes:

All they can point out is that he went 1-5 overall and the rest of his at bats...

True enough, but HR hitters often also lead their teams in SO's.
Did he have any errors playing LF?

True enough, but HR hitters often also lead their teams in SO's.
Did he have any errors playing LF?

He also went 1-5, and the home run was his first AB.

Also, it was a fastball, the one thing that he CAN hit consistently.

He struck out looking once on an 0-2 count.

Can people try not to be homers?

I am trying to imagine Wally Backmon going off on one of his epic clubhouse rants with Timmy in the room. Too bad Wally got let go and Tim will never play at a level where Wally is coaching.

I am trying to imagine Wally Backmon going off on one of his epic clubhouse rants with Timmy in the room. Too bad Wally got let go and Tim will never play at a level where Wally is coaching.
Well being around Riley Cooper, Aaron Hernandez, Percy Harvin, Tony Joiner, Brandon Spikes, Chris Rainy....And many people the colorful characters, I'm sure he has heard enough epic rants.

He also went 1-5, and the home run was his first AB.

Also, it was a fastball, the one thing that he CAN hit consistently.

He struck out looking once on an 0-2 count.

Thousands of high schools field teams that have multiple teenagers (who put in countless hours to improve their games) and dream to make a college team, less long the minors...

Hundreds of colleges field teams with multiple players who still have hopes and dreams to make it the pro ranks at any level.

Then you have a guy that hasn't played or practiced at any high level in over a decade walk into to the game, make the professional ranks, and hit a home run off of a players who has probably put in 25 years of work on his skills.

Think of all the players who play at top ranked universities such as USC, UNC, Texas, Cal State Fullerton, Florida, Miami, UVA, LSU, Tulane, etc etc etc....That never make the MiLB....Less long hit a homer in their debut at bat.

Not being a "homer" but it's impressive anytime any professional hits a homer...Off any pitch, from any pitcher... Especially when the certain individual hasn't put in as many years of work as his competition.

I'll say the same when people discount Michael Jordan's baseball career.

Both Tebow and Jordan got much further along vs countless others who put in ten plus years to try to get drafted.

I was going to ask if you could ever be anything but an A-hole stalker, but then I remembered who and what your are,,,, so 'never-mind'.....

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

Im gunna be honest. I dont understand why hes not in the nfl. Yeah i get that he might not be an every down qb but he can definitely play and help a team in certain packages. This one was weird for me. Colin Kap says the NFL is racist becuz he cant find a job, well neither could tebow. Dude works so hard. As much as i hated him when he was in college, had he played for fsu i wouldnt have shut up about him. Hope he makes it in baseball

IMO, he was boned and black-balled by the NFL owners,,, for their own reasons...
His actual NFL W/L record and his NFL and Bronco team records are there for anyone that's open-minded to see and judge for themselves. While the haters are always going to hate...

I wish him well in baseball and/or in life, but I can't say that I really care about Tim and baseball, one way or the other.

I was going to ask if you could ever be anything but an A-hole stalker, but then I remembered who and what your are,,,, so 'never-mind'.....

Interesting. You responded to me when I didn't even say anything to you.

You must be having quite the day sweetie.

While you're just the same boring sot every day... :rolleyes:

IMO, he was boned and black-balled by the NFL owners,,, for their own reasons...
His actual NFL W/L record and his NFL and Bronco team records are there for anyone that's open-minded to see and judge for themselves. While the haters are always going to hate...

I wish him well in baseball and/or in life, but I can't say that I really care about Tim and baseball, one way or the other.

I think people viewed him as a "distraction" and they werent willing to deal with all that for a backup or someone who wasnt "the guy". I still think he should have found a team. When u said black balled by the nfl, was there any reason he would have been?

I think people viewed him as a "distraction" and they werent willing to deal with all that for a backup or someone who wasnt "the guy". I still think he should have found a team. When u said black balled by the nfl, was there any reason he would have been?

A 7-8 year NFL veteran QB (Orton) went 4-14 with the Broncos over 2 years.

A rookie that missed the off-season training between his 1st and 2nd years because of a player strike, and who didn't get the 1st team reps in camp, and that came in to a 1-4 record team that had it's top 2 WR's traded away (Lloyd & Gaffney), still went 9-7 with a playoff win over the NFL's #1 Defense (Steelers)

The so-called 'distraction' was manufactured by the media-morons, and with the consent of the Broncos, the Jets, and the Eagles.
(BTW, Fox fired, Rex fired, Kelly fired, after taking part in boning Tebow)

There was never a problem with any distraction while Tim was at N.E., because Belechik didn't want it or need it. Any other NFL team could have managed it the same way,,, IF that's what they wanted to do.

As to why the NFL owners boned him,,, it's all just speculation. You'd have to go ask them why (they would either lie or deny). I'm just stating what I consider a demonstrated FACT that they did, the reasons for it aside...

A rookie that missed the off-season training between his 1st and 2nd years because of a player strike, and who didn't get the 1st team reps in camp, and that came in to a 1-4 record team that had it's top 2 WR's traded away (Lloyd & Gaffney), still went 9-7 with a playoff win over the NFL's #1 Defense (Steelers)

The so-called 'distraction' was manufactured by the media-morons, and with the consent of the Broncos, the Jets, and the Eagles.

There was never a problem with any distraction while Tim was at N.E., because Belechik didn't want it or need it. Any other NFL team could have managed it the same way,,, IF that's what they wanted to do.

As to why the NFL owners boned him,,, it's all just speculation. You'd have to go ask them why (they would either lie or deny). I'm just stating what I consider a demonstrated FACT that they did, the reasons for it aside...

Fair enough

So you don't believe that he was a distraction in any way? Or even that their was concern he would be a distraction?

So you don't believe that he was a distraction in any way? Or even that their was concern he would be a distraction?

Let's get back to baseball. You think it's homerish to admire a guy that went ten or so years not training in a sport to accomplish the ultimate batting feat(HR) in his batting debut. While countless other talented other high school and college players never sniff the professional ranks...Less long hit a homer...Less long hit a home run with their first at bat.

How many other rookies go 1-5? Hell I just watched a group of AAA Cardinal players go 0-5.

Let's get back to baseball. You think it's homerish to admire a guy that went ten or so years not training in a sport to accomplish the ultimate batting feat(HR) in his batting debut. While countless other talented other high school and college players never sniff the professional ranks...Less long hit a homer...Less long hit a home run with their first at bat.

How many other rookies go 1-5? Hell I just watched a group of AAA Cardinal players go 0-5.

No, I don't.

The guy is a superb athlete, everybody knows that.

But it's also become clear that the only pitch he can really hit is the fastball.

Pushing 30, I don't see where he is going to turn into a guy that can figure out more complicated pitches.

This also isn't a Cinderella story. He's not some average guy getting his chance finally.

He's a celebrity at this point playing single A ball pretty much for the sole purpose of selling tickets.

That's fine, but I think a lot of people think that there's this actual chance he ever makes an MLB roster or even do something there.

To me, this feels like a bizarre way attempt to remain relevant outside of his broadcasting career.

I don't blame him for that, but I'm also not going to pretend that this is anything more than what it is.

Reactions: fsu939913
No, I don't.

The guy is a superb athlete, everybody knows that.

But it's also become clear that the only pitch he can really hit is the fastball.

Pushing 30, I don't see where he is going to turn into a guy that can figure out more complicated pitches.

This also isn't a Cinderella story. He's not some average guy getting his chance finally.

He's a celebrity at this point playing single A ball pretty much for the sole purpose of selling tickets.

That's fine, but I think a lot of people think that there's this actual chance he ever makes an MLB roster or even do something there.

To me, this feels like a bizarre way attempt to remain relevant outside of his broadcasting career.

I don't blame him for that, but I'm also not going to pretend that this is anything more than what it is.

Its just a guy with skill attempting to live out a dream. He may or may not ever hit a curve ball, a sinker, a slider, a circle change but he has a chance if he keeps practicing. For the thousands of baseball players who have started at age 5 or younger, he is making it fairly well for one who hasn't had the time to put in the work as some who practice 11 months out of the year for 15-20 years.

Yeah i dont think he will ever go to MLB but kudos to him for trying. Dude is living the dream. Playing sports. Isnt that what we all would like to do. I played everything in high school. I miss it for sure

Its just a guy with skill attempting to live out a dream. He may or may not ever hit a curve ball, a sinker, a slider, a circle change but he has a chance if he keeps practicing. For the thousands of baseball players who have started at age 5 or younger, he is making it fairly well for one who hasn't had the time to put in the work as some who practice 11 months out of the year for 15-20 years.

I guess the difference is the idea that he's "just a guy."

He's Tim Tebow.

He's a superb athlete and he sells tickets.
That's why he's even there.

Trust me, I understand. I'll always wonder what my pitching career could have been if I hadn't blown my rotator cuff early in my senior year when I had finessed a great breaking ball with a college level decent fast ball and change up. And to this day, I can still make it break 6 inches, but it frustrates me compared to the pretty good 12-6 I had.

I love baseball.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Yeah i dont think he will ever go to MLB but kudos to him for trying. Dude is living the dream. Playing sports. Isnt that what we all would like to do. I played everything in high school. I miss it for sure

Numerous MiLB players never make the MLB. I just think it's pretty cool a football player...After not playing the game for a decade can come in and do fair at the minor level. All while the majority of those players have been training at least ten months a year for 10-15 years or so.

Baseball was always the easiest sport for me naturally, especially defense in center field with my fake speed, I used to steal every time I got on no matter what at the HS level and hardly ever got caught... Most baseball players, fast in that sport is like a 4.7 for Carl Crawford type guys... I hit .450 plus my first three years but stuck to football my senior year because I didn't like the coaches and wanted to focus on the sport I was gonna play in college and needed to train to put on weight to get ready for the big time level... I think i could have played baseball though on the next level and gotten to the minors young and worked at it, I just didn't have the same passion.. The hard thing about football is you rely on so many other people to get you your touches outside of being a RB or QB, and I had shitty QB's after my junior year because my QB that played at Georgetown and ended up breaking many of Iversons records only played basketball like I did with football.. We had two shitty Sophomore QB's my senior year, and my QB at MSU was a WR converted, Omar Connor, the guy that got Zook fired and beat the Gators somehow in 04...

but the range I had in the field out there in center, and getting to use a glove to catch a baseball was laughably easy for me.. I might have been more natural at that sport and my eye for the baseball at the plate, but I had no power, I was a line drive hitter. Football was still my best sport though because DB's just couldn't stop me from what I was taught from Dixon at UF while Spurriers staff was recruiting me, when Spurrier left in 01, I cried because I knew the new staff wouldn't keep after me the same, and they went after Chad Jackson and bubba caldwell instead as bigger body guys. I still was a preffered walk on by Coach Wickline but the Out of State was the deal breaker for me. Still looking back I wish I would have gone to Gainesville anyway and earned my scholly, I know i would have played all 5 years if I went to UF and would have stuck with it just because that was my dream to play there. Playing at other schools was just a business decision and was never the same, had really cool experiences though playing for the first black coach in the conference and then the one tied to him Shula down the street. I could probably write a book as one of the few guys to play for both during that time period and the differences massively between both Universities and how the programs were run from vast money differences...

Numerous MiLB players never make the MLB. I just think it's pretty cool a football player...After not playing the game for a decade can come in and do fair at the minor level. All while the majority of those players have been training at least ten months a year for 10-15 years or so.

didnt he bat like .189 or something? I mean hes playing to sell tix and he is trying to learn the sport again. I like it but i dont even think he is a decent trip A player.

Baseball was always the easiest sport for me naturally, especially defense in center field with my fake speed, I used to steal every time I got on no matter what at the HS level and hardly ever got caught... Most baseball players, fast in that sport is like a 4.7 for Carl Crawford type guys... I hit .450 plus my first three years but stuck to football my senior year because I didn't like the coaches and wanted to focus on the sport I was gonna play in college and needed to train to put on weight to get ready for the big time level... I think i could have played baseball though on the next level and gotten to the minors young and worked at it, I just didn't have the same passion.. The hard thing about football is you rely on so many other people to get you your touches outside of being a RB or QB, and I had shitty QB's after my junior year because my QB that played at Georgetown and ended up breaking many of Iversons records only played basketball like I did with football.. We had two shitty Sophomore QB's my senior year, and my QB at MSU was a WR converted, Omar Connor, the guy that got Zook fired and beat the Gators somehow in 04...

but the range I had in the field out there in center, and getting to use a glove to catch a baseball was laughably easy for me.. I might have been more natural at that sport and my eye for the baseball at the plate, but I had no power, I was a line drive hitter. Football was still my best sport though because DB's just couldn't stop me from what I was taught from Dixon at UF while Spurriers staff was recruiting me, when Spurrier left in 01, I cried because I knew the new staff wouldn't keep after me the same, and they went after Chad Jackson and bubba caldwell instead as bigger body guys. I still was a preffered walk on by Coach Wickline but the Out of State was the deal breaker for me. Still looking back I wish I would have gone to Gainesville anyway and earned my scholly, I know i would have played all 5 years if I went to UF and would have stuck with it just because that was my dream to play there. Playing at other schools was just a business decision and was never the same, had really cool experiences though playing for the first black coach in the conference and then the one tied to him Shula down the street. I could probably write a book as one of the few guys to play for both during that time period and the differences massively between both Universities and how the programs were run from vast money differences...

How you didnt make the NFL, MLB, and win gold medals in track is beyond me. Are you Bo Jackson?

sadgator knows it is borderline sacrilegious to even suggest, but does anyone else find it even slightly disconcerting that TT does not have a girlfriend and/or has not married? Not that there is anything wrong with it, but sadgator would not be surprised in the least if it eventually turns out that TT has been engaging in more than one type of batting practice.

That being said, if the unthinkable does turn out to be true, he should at least donate some of his life-force so that we can implant it within Laura Rutledge or Erin Andrews to create the perfect "second coming" super gator. He really should recognize his obligation to ensure our future.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
didnt he bat like .189 or something? I mean hes playing to sell tix and he is trying to learn the sport again. I like it but i dont even think he is a decent trip A player.
Yes he did bat .189

Doing some quick googling research...His teammate Desmond Lindsay who was the Mets pick in 2015. The Mets #4 prospect.

Lindsay is currently batting .182

I'm sure Lindsay has been playing and practicing for 9 or more months the past 10 years.

I'm sure Lindsay will advance further in his career vs Tebow. No point trying to be made other than I'm impressed Tebow (who has been out of the game the past decade) is keeping up with the Mets #4 prospect at this point.

I have no idea where Tebow's career will advance however the dude has it made. Already millionaire who could live comfortably if money is managed correctly, however he is making $25000 or so working 7.5 months out of the year added in to his TV gig he has plus his handful of endorsements.

Why not go for it and see if you can do it. The man is living a dream. Very few can tell the stories he can tell to his grandchildren...Charlie Ward, Chris Weinke and Bo Jackson are like the only other ones who won a Heisman and collected a professional paycheck in another sport....I'm sure there are more but they are rare.

I was with the Falcons for mini camp in the spring though

stay mad

sadgator knows it is borderline sacrilegious to even suggest, but does anyone else find it even slightly disconcerting that TT does not have a girlfriend and/or has not married? Not that there is anything wrong with it, but sadgator would not be surprised in the least if it eventually turns out that TT has been engaging in more than one type of batting practice.

That being said, if the unthinkable does turn out to be true, he should at least donate some of his life-force so that we can implant it within Laura Rutledge or Erin Andrews to create the perfect "second coming" super gator. He really should recognize his obligation to ensure our future.

Sad I like that way of thinking on the super baby Gator but let's create the ultimate Gator Baby.

Abby Wambach implanted with Tim Tebow juice.

Reactions: sadgator
one doesn't have sex period, the other doesn't have sex with men... impossible combo even with one drunk

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT