ADVERTISEMENT

Football Talked to a former player…

sansburyuf

Swamp Thing
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2005
I had the chance to meet and talk to a former UF great who played for UF in the early 2010s and spent several years in the NFL. I won’t say who it was given what he told me. I spent about 20 mins chatting with him and he was super nice and very open so I asked him the following:

1. Did you like the BN hire a couple years ago? He didn’t say whether he liked the hire or not but he said when it was announced (or about to be announced) he reached out to a couple of his NFL coaches and none of them knew who BN was. The only coach who knew of him was Billy Gonzales who was at FAU at the time. And all Billy said to him was that he met BN once pre-game when they were coaching for opposing teams and BG said that BN seemed like a nice guy. Thats it.

2. I told him that he needed to get back to Gville to help the situation. He said “give me all the money you have and I’ll combine it with all the money I have as buying this staff out is the only answer to our problems.”

3. Finally, I asked who he wanted the next coach to be. I didn’t get the words out of my mouth and he said Lane Kiffin. I said that’s going to be expensive. And he said “everyone good is going to be expensive.” He then said that Kiffin was already “approved” as a head coach at UF. I didn’t really know what that meant but wasn’t going to press him in the comment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.