ADVERTISEMENT

Talent level Georgia vs Florida

Mt.DoraGator

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2013
I have always looked at coaches that run a lot of gimmick plays are trying to make up for having less talent than the other teams. A powerful, veteran team will not run many gimmick plays. We all must admit Georgia has more talent on their team than the Gators. Thus with Napier calling so much "trickeration" I look at that as admission of having a less talented or deep team.
However, that being said, I think this years true freshman class may be one of the best freshman groups playing football. in the country. Yes they are young, inexperience, and not "grown ass men". They are gaining a great deal of experience and it seems if most of the young dudes are getting better and better.
The OL and DL definitely need help and the Gators only have one DT (4 star) and 3 OL (all 3 stars) in this year's class. Napier seems to want to run an offense that controls the line of scrimmage. Hopefully he can pull a few plums from the portal.
Nevertheless, if this years recruiting class contributes like the true freshman this year I think the future is bright. However until these blue chippers are upperclassmen the Gators will have trouble with Georgia.
My solution? MOVE THE DAMN GAME OUT OF JAX AND GO TO HOME AND HOME.
Georgia needs to play the Gators in the Swamp every other year. For such an important game the students need to be there and give their home team a home field advantage. Would the Gators have won yesterday in the Swamp? No, but I bet it would have been a damn better game. And if the Gators had played in Athens I don't think the outcome would have been worse.

Reactions: OtisMyMan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News