ADVERTISEMENT

Taggert is the clear choice

Uh, huh. With only 1 year of major-conference coaching experience, following his 40--45 career record, combined from 3 years at WKU and 4 years at USF. Nole officials apparently have been convinced somehow that his 20--24 career home record (which should omit distortions from games as visiting victims-for-paydays) won't be an accurate predictor of his Noles' performances in Tallahassee.

Ah, yes. Thanks for the reminder of Ol' Dandy Don: "Turn out the liiights, the paaarty's oooh-ver!"

Wait! Wouldn't a Nole need to put on the famous "Glitter Slippers" before starting such a ritual!?

Is that English?

With only 1 year of major-conference coaching experience, following his 40--45 career record, combined from 3 years at WKU and 4 years at USF. Nole officials apparently have been convinced somehow that his 20--24 career home record (which should omit distortions from games as visiting victims-for-paydays) won't be an accurate predictor of his Noles' performances in Tallahassee.

People are positive on the trajectory he puts teams on. That he has been offered and taken opportunities before getting to enjoy the entire harvest of his labors would be a bigger worry if I’d seen something to suggest he runs when he hits a ceiling.
Look at his previous stops before and during his arrival, and tell me you place more importance on the career sums.
FSU isn’t in need of a huge rebuild. Instead of jumping from one turn around job to the next he is at a turn key job. Notre Dame, Florida, Miami, and Clemson at a minimum on next years schedule. Who imagines FSU will hit four out of four on that?

People are positive on the trajectory he puts teams on. That he has been offered and taken opportunities before getting to enjoy the entire harvest of his labors would be a bigger worry if I’d seen something to suggest he runs when he hits a ceiling.
Look at his previous stops before and during his arrival, and tell me you place more importance on the career sums.
FSU isn’t in need of a huge rebuild. Instead of jumping from one turn around job to the next he is at a turn key job. Notre Dame, Florida, Miami, and Clemson at a minimum on next years schedule. Who imagines FSU will hit four out of four on that?

Other than fixing that putrid offensive line and replacing most of a defense that was a huge disappointment, you mean?

Who thinks FSU goes 4-0 against that group? NOBODY.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT