ADVERTISEMENT

Step on their throats like SOS

ApkGator21

Gator Great
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
I must have read or heard this comment a hundred times since Saturday night regarding the UF offense in the second half. The irony is incredible given we hit on the 1996 UF-UT game several times last week as such a great and memorable game. But perhaps the memory has faded for many?
Jason and I touched on the first UF score, 4th and 11 and Danny hits Anthony on a post for the long TD, and UF is off to the races....jumping ahead 35-0 at the half in Neyland vs the #2 ranked Vols. What an offense....Danny, Ike, Reidel, Quez, Terry Jackson, Eli

What seems to be forgotten is that UF offense didn't score for the last 40 minutes of the game. I just reread two articles covering the game. "UF offense went into a shell" was used in both. Danny threw for 155 yards. UF was 3-15 on 3rd down. Averaged 3 yards a carry rushing. We were outscored 29 -0 and faced on onside kick late in the game.
This was with a Heisman year QB, all world WR, a national championship team, and one of the greatest offensive minds running the show and every tool he could want.

Just thought a little perspective might be nice for those that had forgotten.....memories tend to get skewed a little sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News