ADVERTISEMENT

Stay Home Stay Safe

jfegaly

Bull Gator
Feb 1, 2006
They've already tracked a spike in suicides as well. As early as May some areas in California were already seeing more suicides than covid deaths.

Here's what SHOULD have happened: No panic, but inform the public that this virus will be potentially dangerous for about 20% of the population. Mainly the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. So wash your hands more often, and try to avoid crowds and close contact. Be mindful of the elderly. If you are elderly or in the compromised immune system group, wear a mask. It will help protect you AND signal to the rest of us to be more careful around you.

That's it. No need to close down anything.

But of course public safety was never the goal, getting rid of Trump was.

So let me get this straight. You’re saying that people shouldn’t work from home because there is a better chance of domestic violence. That’s an interesting rationalization.

So let me get this straight. You’re saying that people shouldn’t work from home because there is a better chance of domestic violence. That’s an interesting rationalization.
Lulz. What’s interesting is how you distort the issue. Suicide up because of emotional and financial stress? Okay. Abuse of women/children up because disturbed males can’t leave their domicile and the victims are basically captured? Okay. Protesters attack police and burn down cities. Okay. But, a white man without a mask? Call The Hague! We have a war criminal.

Lulz. What’s interesting is how you distort the issue. Suicide up because of emotional and financial stress? Okay. Abuse of women/children up because disturbed males can’t leave their domicile and the victims are basically captured? Okay. Protesters attack police and burn down cities. Okay. But, a white man without a mask? Call The Hague! We have a war criminal.

Sheep get upset that everyone else isn't as easily manipulated as they are.

So let me get this straight.. u are unable to follow what someone has taken the time to say or read an article? Instead u would rather twist it.

Good grief, I know you are smarter than that, but I will indulge. There are ramifications for "lockdowns", and forcing industries to basically shutdown. I will summarize for you. ALL of those things combined (abuse, murders, overdoses, suicides, starvations around the globe, poverty etc)....are worse than Fauchinavirus. The Cure is worse than the diseas.

So no, that's not what I was saying, but you know that.

Next up, Mental health:

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/08/13/cdc-study-coronavirus-mental-health-anxiety-substance-abuse/

https://abc11.com/nc-sees-disturbing-trend-in-mental-health-issues-during-pandemic/6343969/

Last edited:

Whether or not you agree with his stance i can assure you that there is always a spike of DV over holidays when people spend more time at home with "their loved ones."

Good grief, I know you are smarter than that, but I will indulge. There are ramifications for "lockdowns", and forcing industries to basically shutdown.

Dems see them as positive. They see it as an economic power transfer from the private sector, to the public sector.

Anything that empower the state, is good news to the commies.

Whether or not you agree with his stance i can assure you that there is always a spike of DV over holidays when people spend more time at home with "their loved ones."
Perhaps. That doesn’t mean we should force people into unsafe environments. You’re conflating two separate issues.

Not perhaps...it's a fact. The longer the holiday, the more (and more serious) DV calls we receive.

I wasn't conflating anything. I spoke about one issue only and I clarified that in my post.
I believe you. Every action has a reaction. We must weigh the consequences of all the actions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT