ADVERTISEMENT

Squeaky Clean UF Basketball Practice starts soon...

instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
SF/SG Egor Koulechov 6-5 205 Grad-Sr xfer (Rice) 1st Team All USA-C
iG's Mr. Koul, or 3-Gor (47.4%) as he has been called, is all set to replace Gator/SEC 6th Man of the Year Canyon Barry.
This should be some SWEET fun to watch unfold in 2017-18. :)

Looking at the entire roster, and coming off a 27-9 Elite-8, I'm like-in' Mike White's 3rd UF season already.... ;)

PG Chris 'Cheezzz' Chiozza 6-0 175 Sr
PG/SG Mike Okauru 6-3 180 Fr (33-0 HS NC)

SG/PG KeVaughn 'Keevvvv' Allen 6-2 193 Jr
SG/SF Egor '3-Gor' Koulechov 6-5 205 Grad-Sr (xfer-Rice)

SF Jalen Hudson 6-6 192 rsJr (xfer VaT)

SF/PF Chase Johnson 6-9 205 Fr
SF/PF Deaundrae Ballard 6-5 222 rsFr
PF/SF Dontay Bassett 6-9 240 Fr

PF Keith Stone 6-8 240 rsSo
PF/C Isaiah Stokes 6-8 270 Fr (rehab, Jan-Feb)

C/PF Kevarrius Hayes 6-9 225 Jr (iG's personal favorite)
C Gorjok Gak 6-11 230 So
C John Egbunu 6-11 255 Grad-Sr (rehab, Jan)

I really like it that 8 of the 13 can play more than one position. :cool:
That's good for both team versatility and injury protection.
It also gives White a lot of options when going BIG, or when going small.

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/9/27/chris-harry-gators-basketball-preseason-primer.aspx

This is nothing more than iG's own projected starting 5 for B-Ball.

PG Cheeze Sr -- Okauru 6-3 180 Fr
SG/PG Keeevv Jr --- Ballard 6-5 195 Fr
* Many consider Cheeze and Keevv the best starting backcourt in the SEC.

SF/PG Hudson rsJr and/or SF/PF Mr.Koul/3-Gor G-Sr - Johnson 6-9 205 Fr (Johnson could be better than E-D D-Rob was at SF)

PF Stone rsSo ---- Bassett rsFr - Stokes 6-8 270 Fr (rehabbing)

C Hayes Jr ----- Gak So - Egbunu G-Sr (rehabbing)

Especially in B-Ball, I'm happiest when the whole available roster plays in the games.

=====

BTW, Coach MikeWhite said the 6-foot-5, 205-pound Koulechov is more impressive in person than on paper,,, (iG Holy Shiite). :eek:
“A little bit better than I even anticipated,” White said. “Plays really hard, leads by example, vocal at times, but trying to find his way as he's developing relationships with these guys. Really consistent, plays with a tremendous motor and can make shots and sprint into them, and takes good ones.” (iG certainly liked his film this past off season)

Koulechov’s shooting ability quickly is becoming legend — he made 44 consecutive 3-pointers during a summer workout — and earned him the nickname “3-Gor” from the school’s student section, the Rowdy Reptiles. :D

>>>OMG<<< Senior point guard Chiozza said he has not played with a better shooter. “I think in practice yesterday, we had a two-hour practice, he might have missed two shots, so …,” Chiozza said. :eek:

~ For the Slantinal, I thought that this was an excellent preseason article on Gator B-Ball.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...-blog/os-sp-gators-basketball-1004-story.html

With a full blown playoff, polls are not important in B-Ball, but what the heck...
Preseason B-Ball Polls for White's 2017-18 Gators

10. CBS -- 8. ESPN -- 7. NBC -- 7. USA Today - Combined 32/4 = #8

The departing Sr's are PG Cheeze, C Egbunu G-Sr, and SF 3-Gor.Grad-Sr-xfer

IMO, none of the others are likely early departures, (crosses fingers).
Mike already has 2 top quality PG/SG types committed for 2018.
A quality SF or a C would likely wrap up the 2018 recruiting class.

------------------

A note for the mouth-running Mad-Dog-Dollie:
“I made it a business decision instead of an emotional decision. Everybody thought I would have went to Tennessee just because my brother went there, but I came (UF) to win and get to the next level,” he said. -- Stokes on committing to White/UF. -- :p

Last edited:
Very good looking team. If we get some shooting out of the new guys, we should be real tough. Egbunu was playing great when he got injured. Hope he makes it back, for him and for the Gators. So far, so good Mike White!

Reactions: 46885
A bit of additional info for ya... :)

SG/PG Noah Locke from Owings Mills, Md.

The 6-foot-2, 175 **** Locke, ranked 63rd in the country by Rivals.com, is considered one of the best pure shooters in the class on 2018. During last spring’s Nike EYBL circuit, Locke made 54 3-pointers while shooting 49.5% :eek: beyond the arc. Locke visited UF’s campus last weekend. (a real nice 2018 replacement for 3-Gor) :D

Locke joints 2018 five-star point guard Andrew Nembhard, who committed to the Gators on Monday. Together, the two could form a future starting backcourt tandem for UF.

Locke chose Florida over Providence, Xavier, Michigan and Ohio State.

Whatever karma we had left in sports you just murdered it with the thread title

Soon we will see another Will Grier illegal milkshake article for Egbunu and then all the new 5 Stars we will be getting from other programs dirty Bama cheating...

Whatever karma we had left in sports you just murdered it with the thread title

Soon we will see another Will Grier illegal milkshake article for Egbunu and then all the new 5 Stars we will be getting from other programs dirty Bama cheating...

Idiot numbers chitting his pants yet again,,, so typical for his type... :confused:

It's 'Then and Now' time, (or 'before & after' if you prefer).
Some bio stats from the Gator/Greene conditioning program.

PG Cheeze Fr/Sr - Bench 190/265 - Vert. 31"/35"

PG Okauru HS/Fr - Vert ??/38.5"

SG/PG Allen Fr/Jr - Vert ??/39.5" - team's best Vert.

SF Hudson So/rsJ - Vert 35"/38.5"

PF Stone rsSo - Body Fat 15%/8.5% - Squat 190/290

C Hayes - Wt 199/227 - Bench 195/235

C Gak - Chin-up 1/8 - Body fat 16.5% / 10% - Bench 170/205
--------

Shainah Joseph starred for Florida's offense. She hit .481, posting a career-high 15 kills and just two errors on 27 attacks. And if you want to see someone with an astounding Vert, leap, check out the picture:
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/10/4/volleyball-gators-grind-out-victory-over-texas-am.aspx

B-Ball began with a THUD tonight vs JU.
Starting Sr PG Cheezzee left the game with a sprained L. shoulder.
JUSDAMN! :(

Update: The injury doesn’t appear to be significant. More on Friday.

UF 88 - 47 JU

The Gators do have a Fr PG in Mike Okauru 6-3 180, and 2-3 more that can pay PG, but everyone agrees that the Gators NEED Cheeze.
==============

This could very well be the most talented group of swingmen (SG/SF/PG) that the Gators have ever seen on the same roster in all of UF's B-Ball history!

SG/PG KeVaughn Allen 6-2 193 Jr - Preseason 1st Team All SEC
SG/SF Egor Koulechov 6-5 205 Grad-Sr (Rice xfer)
SG/SFJalen Hudson 6-6 192 rsSo (VaT xfer)

SG/PG DeAundrae Ballard 6-5 195 Fr
(HS 17.5 Pts/Gm, 8.7 RBs/Gm)

~ With those 3 top quality upperclassmen are all looking over their shoulders's at Drae, even though Allen, Koulechov and Hudson have combined to play in 233 games while scoring 2,710 combined points.....
And while he's obviously not 'there' yet, Drae has already drawn some early comparisons to players like Sindarius Thornwell (last year from White) and Malik Monk (this year from Cheezee)

Rock solid starters PG Cheezze, SG Keevee, C Big-K (Hayes).
However, look for 9-12 to play in the games across the season,,, DEPTH!
I'm looking forward to the 6 Gators that are returning from UF's Elite-8 team.
But even more maybe, I'm looking forward to what the 7 newbees are bringing to upgrade the team.
SG/SF Egor '3-Gor' Koulechov 6-5 205 Grad-Sr (xfer Rice)
SG/SF Jalen Hudson 6-6 192 rsJr (VaT rs-xfer. 2nd year at UF)
PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 240 rsFr (injury rs-foot, 2nd year at UF)
-----
PG Mike Okauru 6-3 180 Fr
SG/SF Deaundrae Ballard 6-5 195 Fr
PF Chase Johnson 6-9 205 Fr (currently out under concussion protocol)
C/PF Isaiah Stokes 6-8 270 Fr (currently out with knee rehab-Jan.)

Last edited:
PG Chris Chiozza 6-0 175 Sr - 2 Asts, 2 Stls in 2 minutes vs JU, then he goes out injured.
~ In 2016-17, the Cheezz led the SEC with a 2.4 to 1 Ast/TO Ratio.

~ As a Jr, he had a triple/double with 12 Pts, 12 Rbs, 10 Asts vs Mizz
* He followed that up with 9 Rbs and 9 Asts vs UK
>>> He is projected to be out for 10-14 days with a sprained L-shoulder AC joint.

=====

In an odd way, this might turn into a team plus. PG Okauru Fr will get a lot more playing time, and it will also help with finding out which of the SG/SF can best play the point when/if needed.

PG Michael Okauru 6-3 180 Fr - 7 Pts, 2 Asts, 2 TO's in his first 20 Gator minutes. He was also a rock solid 4-4 from the FT line.

SG/PG KeVaughn Allen 6-2 193 Jr - 17 Pts, 4 Rbs, 6 Asts, 1 TO

SG//PG Jalen Hudson 6-6 192 rsJr 21 Pts

SG/PG Deaundrae Ballard 6-5 195 Fr 11 Pts

SF/SG/PG 3-Gor Koulechov 6-5 205 Grad-Sr - 17 Pts, 4 Rbs

IMOHO, any of the 4 SG/SF types can play some PG when/if needed.
While none are the 'Cheezz,' they can all handle the ball fairly well.
=============

The Exhibition Game break-down for the freshmen:

PF/C Dontay Bassett 6-9 240 rsFr 2 Pts, 9 Rbs (out 2016-17, foot fracture rs)

PG Michael Okauru 6-3 180 7 Pts, 2 Asts, 2 TOs, (4/4 FT's).

SG/PG Deaundrae Ballard 6-5 195 11 Pts

SF/PF Chase Johnson 6-9 205 Fr (out for concussion protocols, back today)
PF/C Isaiah Stokes 6-8 270 Fr (rehabing HS ACL, projected back Dec/Jan)
===============

Sunday starters vs Tampa are:

PG K.Allen
SG J.Hudson
SF 3-Gor
PF K.Stone
C K-Hayes

The Coaches All SEC Teams have been named, with 2 Gators making the squads.
SG/PG KeVaughn 'Keeve' Allen Jr 1st Team --
PG Chris 'Cheze' Chiozza Sr 2nd Team

With Allen and Chiozza, the Gators have one of the most experienced backcourts in the country, they have combined for 177 games, 103 starts, 1,572 points, 473 assists and 221 3-pointers made entering this season.

You can see the full teams here:
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...chiozza-voted-to-all-sec-team-by-coaches.aspx

In the preseason games over the last couple weeks, SF Jalen Hudson 6-6 192 rsJr (SG/PG) has led the team in scoring at 16.3 pts on 47% shooting and 57% from the 3-point arc, but that's merely a tease. Oh btw, besides being 6-6, he also has a 39.5" vertical.... :eek:

=================

2018 #11 Gator's recruiting (#2 SEC) per 247 composite .9680:

#6 PG Andrew Nembhard 6-4 185 **** - Montverde, FL (Natl. #28)
  • Rated a five-star prospect and top-30 player in the class by Rivals and 247sports.
  • While ESPN tabs Nembhard slightly lower as a four-star and top-50 player.
  • A top passers in the class, known as a lane attacking play maker.
  • Projects as a point guard for the Gators.
  • The 1st Gator signee to reclassify and EE since Scottie Wilbekin.
  • Signed LOI
-----
#13 SG Noah Locke 6-2 160 **** - Owings Mills, MD (Natl. #70)
  • A consensus 4 star prospect.
  • Regarded as the nation's best perimeter shooter in the 2018 class.
  • 18.2 Pts/Gm at Nike EYBL circuit, #1 making 53 3-Pt's in 16 Gms.
  • Projects as a shooting guard for the Gators.
  • Signed LOI
-----
#26 SF Jeyontae Johnson 6-6 195 **** - Oak Hill, WVa (Natl. #104)
  • A consensus four-star prospect.
  • A big, strong wing who excels in transition and on the glass.
  • An elite defender and is great at attacking the basket.
  • Holy Sheite, the new kid on the block has a 41" Vertical! :eek::eek::eek:
    That skyline leap would have been good for 4th at the NBA Combine.
    The Gators add a very strong wing to the 2018 signing class.
    He was almost averaging a double-double, 11 Pts and 8 Rbs at the Peach Jam.
  • Committed on Sunday, LOI soon.

VT fan here. I had the pleasure of watching every game Jalen Hudson played for us for two years. While at VT, it has been reported he had an “up and down” two years. And that’s true.

But let me tell you. When this guy was up, he was really up. And when he decided to take the ball to the basket on an “up night”, he was literally unguardable.

So you guys are in for a treat when he’s playing like that. Have fun.

VT fan here. I had the pleasure of watching every game Jalen Hudson played for us for two years. While at VT, it has been reported he had an “up and down” two years. And that’s true.

But let me tell you. When this guy was up, he was really up. And when he decided to take the ball to the basket on an “up night”, he was literally unguardable.

Thanks for the input. He has had time to mature and develop during his NCAA mandatory sit-out redshirt season. His game, including a big improvement in his defense has made steady progression in that time. His teammates all like him so he's obviously working hard and doing his job. Both his defense and his consistency have greatly improved under White and his staff.

They will play Gardner-Webb tonight on ESPN-U at 7 PM if you'd like to see him play. He's not yet a starter, but he will get plenty of playing time in White's constant rotation system. I think that the Gators might have the best group and depth at the SG/SF position in the Nation this season. They should be real fun to watch.

The last guy we got from Va Tech worked out pretty good. Ironically, your description of Hudson would be pretty accurate for Dorian Finney Smith. When he went to the basket, he was a great player. Fell in love with his jumper too much though. Always a good defender and rebounder.

The last guy we got from Va Tech worked out pretty good. Ironically, your description of Hudson would be pretty accurate for Dorian Finney Smith. When he went to the basket, he was a great player. Fell in love with his jumper too much though. Always a good defender and rebounder.
I suspect DFS was probably your best passer too. He had a great feel for the game all the way around, and a hard worker too. He didn’t have the jump shot while he was with us, but developed it later. Like with Hudson I hated losing him too. But he made the right decision to transfer because we were starting to hit some really rough times back at that time.

Thanks for the input. He has had time to mature and develop during his NCAA mandatory sit-out redshirt season. His game, including a big improvement in his defense has made steady progression in that time. His teammates all like him so he's obviously working hard and doing his job. Both his defense and his consistency have greatly improved under White and his staff.

They will play Gardner-Webb tonight on ESPN-U at 7 PM if you'd like to see him play. He's not yet a starter, but he will get plenty of playing time in White's constant rotation system. I think that the Gators might have the best group and depth at the SG/SF position in the Nation this season. They should be real fun to watch.
Besides being a good basketball player he’s a great kid and student too. He was a fan favorite with us as well. I’ll be looking in from time to time to follow his career. Good luck on your season.

I suspect DFS was probably your best passer too. He had a great feel for the game all the way around, and a hard worker too. He didn’t have the jump shot while he was with us, but developed it later. Like with Hudson I hated losing him too. But he made the right decision to transfer because we were starting to hit some really rough times back at that time.

Sorry, not even close to the best passer on the team, but still a very solid player that always gave his best effort and never quit.

The Gator's have gotten some really good transfer-in's in recent years.
Also a few that didn't make it, but mostly pretty good deals for UF.

C Vernon Macklin - Georgetown
SG Mike Rosario - Rutgers
PF Dorian Finney-Smith - VaTech
SG Eli Carter - Rutgers
SF Alex Murphy (Eric's brother) - Duke
PG Billy Donovan (son) - Catholic Univ.
C Jon Horford (Al's brother) - Mich
-----
C John Egbunu - USF
PF/C Schuyler Rimmer - Stanford
SF/PF Justin Leon - Shawnee CC (ILL)
SF Jalen Hudson - VaTech (redshirt xfer, scout team)
SF/SG Canyon Barry (Rick's son) - College of Charleston

~ The 2016-17 team had 5 transfer-in players as UF filled the holes on the roster left by BillyD. And 2nd year coach Mike White still took that patch-work team to the Elite-8.
Recruiting is always a hit-miss kind of deal, but xfers can sometimes soften the blows on the misses.
-----
SF/SG Egor '3-Gor' Koulechov Grad-Sr- Rice

Besides being a good basketball player he’s a great kid and student too. He was a fan favorite with us as well. I’ll be looking in from time to time to follow his career. Good luck on your season.

Yep, he's definitely the kind of young man that I want on our teams.

And welcome, feel free to chat with me anytime. :)

~ All 10 ship players that played in the game scored, and the team went 10/21 47.6% from the Arc.

~ The Gator Guards (Chiozza-Allen-Okauru had 13 Asts to just 3 TO's, (the tFr had 2 of the 3).

~ The Gator Centers (Hayes-Gak) combined for 11 Pts, 11 Rbs, 1 TO, 1 Stl, 4 Blks

~ The Gator's Combined Forwards Lite-Up the score board for 78 Pts!

"In 17 years of college basketball, I don't think I've seen a team attack that quickly in transition," GWU coach (Gator-Grad) Tim Craft said. "The speed at which they play is going to be hard to compete with."

===========

A note on the Gator's 2 new walk-on players (former managers), Krause and Fava.

Fave got an Assist. Both played as 'team' players instead of begging to take a WO shot. Krause should also have an Ast, but his man got fouled at the basket. IMO, that should have also given him an Ast. when his guy made the FT's.

Both are solid 'team first' guys that I'd try to reward with at least a couple of minutes each game.

==================

Some GWU game stats if you're interested in them:

UF 116 - 74 GWU - (+42) --- (#15 scUM 77 - 45 GWU)

3-Gor / Russian Rocket - 34 Pts 11/17 65%, 6/9 Arc 67%, 6/6 FT 100%.
Then throw in his 5 Rbs, 5 Asts, 1 TO with 2 Stls in 26 Minutes.
- PG/SG/SF/PF - He might very well be the best 'all around' player that I've seen at UF in a very long time, maybe ever.

SF Jalen Hudson - 16 Pts 6/8 75%, 3/5 Arc 60%, FT 1/2 50%, 3 Ast, 2 Rbs,

SF Deaundrae Ballard - 14 Pts 6/12 50%, Arc 0/2, FT 2/2 100%, 4 Rbs, 1 Ast, 1 TO, 1 Blk

PG Mike Okauru - 13 Pts 3/4 75%, Arc 2/2 100%, FT 5/7 71%, 4 Asts, 2 TO

SG/PG KeVaughn Allen - 9 Pts 3/9 33%, 2/6 Arc, 33%, 5 Rbs, 3 Asts, 0 TO, 1 Stl, 1 Blk

PF Chase Johnson - 9 Pts 3/3 100%, FT 3/3 100%, 2 RBs, 1 Ast, 1 TO, 1 Stl, 1 Blk - On his way to becoming 'a force to be reckoned with.'

PG Chris Chiozza - 5 Pts 1/4 25%, Arc 1/3 33%, 6 Rbs, 6 Asts, 1 TO

C Kevarrius Hayes - 7 Pts 3/3 100%, FT 1/2 50%, 4 Rbs, 1 Stl, 2 Blk

C Gorjok Gak - 4 Pts 2/4 50%, FT 0/1, 7 Rbs, 1 TO, 2 Blk

No Florida team in the 102 years of the Florida men's basketball program had ever started a season with back-to-back games of at least 100 points. UF 108 - 68 UNF (+40) Six Gators scored in double figures.

Add to that fact that the Gators beat GWU worse than #15 Miami did, and they beat UNF worse than #2 MichSt did. Looks like a pretty good start to the season for the #8 Gators!

And another opponent's coach had something nice to say about how the Gator's play.
"In all my years of coaching — and this is my 30th year — this is probably one of the most unselfish teams that has so many guys that can score the ball," Driscoll said of the Gators. "This is a Final Four team."

~ All but one player had at least 1 Ast in the game, while 8 had at least 1 Stl.
And as a team they had 24 Asts but only 7 TOs with 49 Rbs and 13 Stls.

While 3-Gor only went for 13 Pts, he also had 10 Rbs for a double-double plus 5 Asts.
The rock solid Cheese had 9 Pts, 5 Rbs,7 Asts, 2 TOs.
In his 1st start, Soph C Gak went for 12 Pts, 1 RB, 2 Asts, 1 Blk and 4/4 on FTs.

GGGGoooooooooooooooooGATORS! :)

Last edited:
And all this without our starting center

Country, while I like Big John, he's not the only round in the chamber by far.

PF/C Kevarrius Hayes 6-9 225 Jr (is a solid starter)

C Gorjok Gak 6-11 245 So (just had his 1st start)

C John Egbunu 6-11 265 Sr (rehabbing ACL, projected back Dec/Jan

PF/C Isaiah Stokes 6-8 270 Fr (also rehabing an ACL, projected back in Dec/Jan

PF Keith Stone 6-8 240 rsSo (could likely play center if needed)

That kind of solid depth across the classes is pretty sweet! :)

Everyone knows that occasionally, any and every B-Ball team can go cold shooting the ball. It finally happened to the Gators vs N.H. on Sunday night.

So, what do you do when that happens? You play defense, you drive to the basket, and you make your lay-ups and/or the free throws, whichever happens.
N.H. was held to 63 Pts and the Gators made 31 of their 38 FT's, 81.6%. Mission Accomplished!

And even when the team has gone cold shooting the ball, there are enough 'great shooters' on the team for at least one of them to step up and fill the gap. SF Jalen Hudson had 26 Pts on 7 of 12, 58.3% coming in off the bench, and he made 11 of his 12 FT's, 91.7%.

Notes:
3-Gor had another double-double - 14 Pts, 10 Rbs on a night when he couldn't spit and hit the ocean.
C Hayes 6 Pts, 6 Rbs, 5 Blks, 3 Stls.

Vs GWU - 3-Gor 34 Pts.
Vs UNF - Allen 18 Pts - with 6 players in double figures
Vs N.H. - Hudson 26 Pts
Sweet! :)

Big John Egbunu is still on schedule to return in early Jan. If he does and plays well down the stretch, then Stokes should probably take a redshirt and start his Gator career next season, after Big John has finished his college eligibility. I'd be very hesitant to burn his red shirt, unless I thought he'd make the difference in a March Madness run for the Gators. That would be unlikely IMO, because the Gator's are not light on players that can play center this season, barring a nasty rash of injuries...
----------

For any that might worry about Stanford's front line size,,, don't bother.

Humphrey 6-9 245 -- Gak 6-11 245
Da Silva 6-9 210 ----- Hayes 6-9 225 -- C.Johnson 6-9 205
Travis 6-8 245 -------- Stone 6-8 245 --- D.Bassett 6-9 240

The coming week for Gator sports is absolutely FILLED with quality teams against solid opponents. It should be a fun week for Gator fans.

They're going to really get tested inside by Stanford Thursday night in Portland. They are big and talented and although only 3-2 with losses to Eastern Washington & North Carolina, they will test our inside defense and rebounding. We have a lot of depth at all positions this year, but that game will see how we stand from a strength, positioning and defensive standpoint. Hope I can stay up and watch it - starts at 10 pm Eastern. Then we have either Ohio St. or Gonzaga Friday night and if we win those 2 games will probably play #1 Duke Saturday.

Yep, the coming games are going to be a real test for sure, but imo it will likely turn on how well the Gators can shoot the ball. A cold night shooting like with N.H. and the rest of the game could run over them.

They will play solid D and the physical size and depth is not a problem, although the 'experience level' of the bigs may factor in at some point.

Obviously, if both Egbunu and Stokes were both available right now, then it'd be a 'No Worries Mate' weekend. The nice thing about B-Ball is that you just have to win enough games to make the dance, not every single game all season long... :cool:

4-0 #7 UF 108 - 87 Stanford (+21) :)

Cheese - 5/6, 2/3 Arc, 2/2 FT - 3 RB, 4 Stl, 11 Ast, 2 TO, 14 Pt's

Allen ----- 2/4, 1/2 Arc, 4/4 FT - 4 RB, 3 Stl, 4 Ast, 1 TO, 9 Pt's.

3-GOR - 10/14, 5/5 Arc, 1/1 FT - 2 RB, 1 Stl, 2 Ast, 0 TO, 26 Pt's. (OoP PF)

Hudson - 5/9, 4/7 Arc, 3/3 FT - 2 RB, 1 Stl, 1 Ast, 1 TO, 17 Pt's. (starting SF)

Okauru - 6/7, 2/3 Arc, 1/2 FT - 2 RB, 0 Stl, 2 Ast, 1 TO, 14 Pts. (backup PG)

Ballard - 6/10, 0/1 Arc, 1/2 FT - 0 RB, 0 Stl, 1 Ast, 2 TO, 13 Pts (backup SF)

Those 6 -- 13 Rb's, 9 Stl's, 24 Ast's, 7 TO's with 94 Pts.
----------
Stone --- 1/7, 1/1 Arc, 2/3 FT - 3 RB, 2 Stl, 1 Ast, 0 TO, 5 Pt's. (OoP center)
Bassett - 2/3, 0/0 Arc, 0/0 FT - 2 RB, 1 Stl, 1 Ast, 1 TO, 2 Pt's
Johnson - 1/4, 0/0 Arc, 2/2 FT - 2 RB, 1 Stl, 0 Ast, 0 TO, 4 Pt's.
Krause - 1/2, 0/0, 1/2 FT - 3 Pt's.

Chippin' In - 7 RB, 4 Stl, 2 Ast, 1 TO, 14 Pts.

#7 UF 111 - 105 #17 Gonzaga in Double OT

The #7 Gators 5-0 defeated the reigning NCAA runner-up #17 Gonzaga Bulldogs 5-1 in double OT, and will now face #1 Duke 7-0 in the bracket championship game Sunday - 10:30 PM.

Cheese -
26 Pt, 10 Ast, 8 Rb -- Another 2x2 and just 2 Rb's short of getting his 2nd Triple Double...
With 14 of his career high 26 Pts coming in the 2 OT's.

SF 3-Gor - 4 Pt, 9 Rb, 4 Ast, 2 Stl - on an ice cold 1/9 shooting night. Next shooters up!
SF Jalen Hudson - 11/20, 8/12 Arc, 35 Pt

SG/PG Allen - 23 Pt with a blistering 11/11 FT.

The Gators shot 46% for the game and drained 17 of 36 shots from the arc (47.2%).
~ Gators - 1st OT - 17 Pts ----- 2nd OT - 16 Pts - for 33 combined Pt's in 2 OT's

The Gators took it home at the FT line, where they went 28 of 35 (80%) for the game, including 22 of their final 24 (91.7%). :eek:

More Opponent Coach Speak:
"Great, great basketball game. Just epic," said Gonzaga coach Mark Few, whose team lost to North Carolina in the 2017 NCAA title game. "We had our chances to win it and didn't get it done. They hit some big shots and got it done. It wasn't because of a lack of effort on our part or lack of execution on our part or anything like that. They just won."

For another good Chris Harry game write up: http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...-down-gonzaga-in-epic-pk80-double-ot-win.aspx

SF Jalen Hudson was named as the SEC Player of the Week, as announced by the league office Monday.

Hudson averaged 25.3 points per game in the Gators three games in the PK 80 tournament earning All-Tournament honors in the Motion Bracket. This included a 35 point performance against No. 17 Gonzaga in the second round. Hudson is the only Gator to score in double figures in each of the first 6 games.

First it was 3-Gore. This week it's Jalen, next week it will likely be another of his teammates. SWEET! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT