ADVERTISEMENT

Football SOFT

Millerboy365

Gator Great
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2011
I’ve coached HS kids before in my mid 20’s I’m about to turn 39 this weekend & I’ve always been good at sports growing up but unfortunately I was raised lower class and poor with a single mother raising 6 kids by herself… I was the best athlete in my family by far (even in my city honestly especially in basketball) so I’ve always loved sports… when I was asked to coach a HS basketball league one summer in 09 I was excited to experience sports from a different prospective outside of being a player… there was about 110 kids and we had to take them trough like a combine setting then draft them based on what we saw…. Luckily yes “LUCK” I had the first pick and picked the best PG available and my mindset was as long as I had him we would be good because he’d run my team and I’d build it around him…. Well I turned him into me on the court and we went 12-0 and won the whole thing blowing every team out by 20+… then I did it again the very next summer going 11-1 with an entire different team losing in the title game (they got cocky and I warmed them) lol but those kids weren’t all that talented hell most of them weren’t good at all BUT by the end of those tournaments you could not tell them that they all had the mentality of winners because of what I preached to them every time we played… Billy Napier is a “good guy” but he’s SOFT and his team takes on his personality and it’s not a winning one in the SEC it won’t win games here… a TEAM takes on the mentality of its leader just look at Kirby Smart and how he talks to his guys those players will kill for him… That’s what UF needs in its leader whoever the next guy is has to have a killer mentality no more project coaches or nice guys

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.